View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:42 am



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Notes: Dolphins minicamp 
Author Message
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 6908
Location: ELP, TX.
Post Notes: Dolphins minicamp
Quote:
Channing Crowder did some 7 on 7 work, then sprinted past reporters. "I'm good, I'm great" he said laughing.

-- Ronnie Brown participated in all of the team drills and will do the second practice. Says he's 80 percent recovered from the Lisfranc injury .

-- The Wildcat is alive and kicking. Dolphins used it a couple of times on Friday and one would have resulted in TD pass to Joey Haynos over Dansby.

-- Jason Allen has replaced Nate Jones, serving as the first-team nickel cornerback for now.

-- Dolphins ILBer Channing Crowder worked with the first team during 7-on-7s, but sat out all team drills due to his foot injury.

-- Rookie FS Reshad Jones, the backup free safety, has his right knee bandaged and in a compression sleeve.

-- Chris Clemons picked off a Chad Henne pass intended for John Nalbone during 7-on-7. It was a great read and grab.

-- Ryan Baker is crosstraining at both defensive end and nose tackle.

-- Dolphins tailback Kory Sheets can really move. It's hard to beat him to the sidelines on stretch runs. But can he run between the tackles?

-- Dolphins DE Phillip Merling, who was arrested on Thursday for striking his pregnant girlfriend, is participating in the minicamp.

-- Ronnie Brown doing some blocking work at regular speed.

-- Jason Ferguson and Lionel Dotson doing conditioning on the side. Pat Turner just walking around, watching.

-- Cory Procter working as 2nd team LG. Donald thomas is 2nd RG.

-- Anthony Fasano still 1st team tight end. Camarillo and Hartline starting WRs.

-- John Jerry working as 1st tm left guard. Grove back at 1st team center.

-- Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall (hip injury) is not participating in minicamp, but is riding the exercise bike.

-- Jake Grove is working with the starting offensive line at center.

-- Brian Hartline and Greg Camarillo are paired as the starting receivers, with Davone Bess working as the slot receiver.

-- Cameron Wake is paired with Brian Johnston as the second team outside linebackers.

-- Rookies AJ Edds and Austin Spitler are paired together as the second team inside linebackers.

-- CB Will Allen (ACL tear to left knee) is participating in Friday's practice on a limited basis. Not sure he'll do team drills.

-- Dolphins Olineman Nate Garner, who sat out last week's OTA with an undisclosed injury, is not in attendance. Injury must be serious.

-- Rookie Koa Misi is paired with Charlie Anderson as the team's starting outside linebackers during position drills.

-- Tim Dobbins continues to work with Karlos Dansby as the team's starting inside linebackers.

-- Richie Incognito is working as the Dolphins starting right guard during Friday's morning practice.

-- Dolphins NT Jason Ferguson (quadriceps injury) has not been cleared to participate in minicamp.

-- Rookie John Jerry is working as the Dolphins starting left guard during Friday's morning practice.

-- DE Lionel Dotson is not practicing with the team. He's pushing a sled.

-- Channing Crowder has a helmet for the first time. Does it. Means he's practicing? Stay tuned

-- Top pick Jared Odrick reportedly has picked Drew Rosenhaus as his new agent. Not signed yet though.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9169.story

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom


Fri May 28, 2010 11:21 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
I would guess Ferguson is gone....can't stay healthy, he's old, and he's suspended for 8 games. The only argument to keep him would be "when he comes back," but I'm hoping that the defense in place is good enough that we won't need him back.

_________________
Image


Fri May 28, 2010 12:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
Quote:
Pat Turner just walking around, watching.


What a joke. Just cut him.

_________________
Image


Fri May 28, 2010 12:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
Iowafin wrote:
I would guess Ferguson is gone....can't stay healthy, he's old, and he's suspended for 8 games. The only argument to keep him would be "when he comes back," but I'm hoping that the defense in place is good enough that we won't need him back.



Huh? Ferguson isn't going anywhere. The resigned him AFTER he was already suspended.

_________________
Image


Fri May 28, 2010 12:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
hypocritex wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
I would guess Ferguson is gone....can't stay healthy, he's old, and he's suspended for 8 games. The only argument to keep him would be "when he comes back," but I'm hoping that the defense in place is good enough that we won't need him back.



Huh? Ferguson isn't going anywhere. The resigned him AFTER he was already suspended.


That doesn't mean anything. That was before they hired Nolan. That was before the draft. That was before minicamp.

_________________
Image


Fri May 28, 2010 12:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
I would guess Ferguson is gone....can't stay healthy, he's old, and he's suspended for 8 games. The only argument to keep him would be "when he comes back," but I'm hoping that the defense in place is good enough that we won't need him back.



Huh? Ferguson isn't going anywhere. The resigned him AFTER he was already suspended.


That doesn't mean anything. That was before they hired Nolan. That was before the draft. That was before minicamp.


What does the minicamp have to do with it? The draft? They didn't draft a NT. So that has nothing to do with it. Starks was already on the roster.

Also.. you should really do your research before you post. Dolphins hired Nolan LONG before they re-signed a SUSPENDED Jason Ferguson. He isn't going anywhere.

_________________
Image


Fri May 28, 2010 12:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
hypocritex wrote:

Also.. you should really do your research before you post. Dolphins hired Nolan LONG before they re-signed a SUSPENDED Jason Ferguson. He isn't going anywhere.


Whatever. If you want to think he's untouchable simply because he was resigned, go ahead.

_________________
Image


Fri May 28, 2010 12:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Also.. you should really do your research before you post. Dolphins hired Nolan LONG before they re-signed a SUSPENDED Jason Ferguson. He isn't going anywhere.


Whatever. If you want to think he's untouchable simply because he was resigned, go ahead.


Lol.. Ok buddy. They just resigned him a month and a half ago.. Lol. Knowing full well he was suspended. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that they will cut him now. It makes 0 sense.

_________________
Image


Last edited by hypocritex on Fri May 28, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri May 28, 2010 1:02 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Also.. you should really do your research before you post. Dolphins hired Nolan LONG before they re-signed a SUSPENDED Jason Ferguson. He isn't going anywhere.


Whatever. If you want to think he's untouchable simply because he was resigned, go ahead.


That and he is the only proven NT on the roster and will only be active for 8 games. Why cut him?


Fri May 28, 2010 1:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Also.. you should really do your research before you post. Dolphins hired Nolan LONG before they re-signed a SUSPENDED Jason Ferguson. He isn't going anywhere.


Whatever. If you want to think he's untouchable simply because he was resigned, go ahead.


That and he is the only proven NT on the roster and will only be active for 8 games. Why cut him?


I agree. He should come in fresh the second half of the season once everyone is worn down and can be a huge factor for this defense come playoff time.

_________________
Image


Fri May 28, 2010 1:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
joeschmoe wrote:

I agree. He should come in fresh the second half of the season once everyone is worn down and can be a huge factor for this defense come playoff time.


Now that's a better argument than he was just resigned. If they feel he'll be fresh for the last half of the season, then yeah, go ahead and keep a roster spot for him. But if someone else shines and be a contributor for not just 16 games, but also the future, cut Ferguson to make room.

_________________
Image


Fri May 28, 2010 1:50 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 2703
Location: MA.
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
What does that matter...He wont cost a roster spot until he returns

He's not gonna be cut anytime soon


Sat May 29, 2010 8:38 am
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Notes: Dolphins minicamp
kev1321 wrote:
What does that matter...He wont cost a roster spot until he returns

He's not gonna be cut anytime soon


Bingo. Bango.

_________________
Image


Sat May 29, 2010 11:44 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.