View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Who will be the #2 WR? 

Who will be the #2 WR?
Greg Camarillo 21%  21%  [ 9 ]
Davone Bess 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Brian Hartline 67%  67%  [ 28 ]
Patrick Turner 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 42

Who will be the #2 WR? 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Who will be the #2 WR?
I think Hartline showed great potential last year, so for that reason he might get the nod over Camarillo. Of course he'll have to prove it week in and week out, and even if he does win the job in camp he will have to watch his back all season long. Camarillo is one of those guys you just can't count out. He's all heart and he plays every game like he's got something to prove.
As far as Hartline being the #2, I could see it happening. I think he will be second on the team in yardage at the end of the season. However, I think Bess will be second on the team in catches. I'm assuming Marshall will come in and lead in both categories.

Sun May 16, 2010 11:37 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

wkloiber13 wrote:
I think Hartline showed great potential last year, so for that reason he might get the nod over Camarillo. Of course he'll have to prove it week in and week out, and even if he does win the job in camp he will have to watch his back all season long. Camarillo is one of those guys you just can't count out. He's all heart and he plays every game like he's got something to prove.
As far as Hartline being the #2, I could see it happening. I think he will be second on the team in yardage at the end of the season. However, I think Bess will be second on the team in catches. I'm assuming Marshall will come in and lead in both categories.

I actually think Bess may be second in yardage. And second with catches. But, I think Hartline will have plenty of big plays.

Mon May 17, 2010 10:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex wrote:
I'm done arguing the point. I thought it was a well known fact he was a slow WR. His routes are exceptional and so are his hands and intelligence.

Someone said to define what you mean by slow, because I think that's what I'm caught up on.
Quote:
BTW, Iowa.. I love how you choose the higher of the times Bess posted. Because his other was 4.59. Only Turner is slower.. And Turner is HUGE.

I just went with the first combine time I found in a search. The difference between a 4.59 and a 4.60 on a handheld timer is, well, .01

Quote:
And I don't know where you get that he plays faster then Hartline from lol. Maybe off the line and in quickness. But, Hartline is bigger, faster and more of a deep threat then Camarillo. The stats prove that.

The stats do not prove that Hartline is bigger or faster. Hartline- 6'1" 186, Camarillo 6'1" 190 so if anything, Greg is bigger. I haven't seen Hartline do anything that Camarillo hasn't/can't do.

Quote:
Frankly, I'm not concerned with what you think.. If you want to think he's fast. Then go ahead. Lol. I'm not stopping you. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Like I said before, define what is slow. I don't think he's fast, but he is certainly not slow. I don't see Camarillo run and go "Wow he's fast!" But I certainly don't say he has bricks for feet, because he doesn't look or run slow. He glides.

Mon May 17, 2010 12:54 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I said I was done!! The stats do prove. Look at their 40's lol. Oh and BTW.. Hartline is 6'2.

From MiamiDolphins.com .. and wikipedia.. and various other sources.

83 Greg Camarillo WR 6-1 190 28 4 Stanford
82 Brian Hartline WR 6-2 186 23 R Ohio State

What Hartline can do that Greg can't.. Is get more yards per catch. He is more consistently a deep threat. He is a bit faster. He is taller. Longer reach. He is younger. He hasn't torn his ACL. (Knock on wood) He scores more often. Also, an FYI.. That weight on Hartline isn't accurate.. He's been saying all off season how is trying to get stronger and add muscle. To be more physical. But, even if he hasn't yet. He is still bigger.. or taller.. What have you.. With more of a reach.

Camarillo is the better route runner. Has the edge in hands too. Though Hartline seems to be pretty good in that category as well. He is also more experienced.

Mon May 17, 2010 1:11 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Lets face it, next to Marshall they all are the #2 (wr)...who ever shows the most when they're out there wins the spot....till next week and they get out played in practice or in the game.

Mon May 17, 2010 2:09 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

bet you anything that it'll camarillo. speed aside, the guy has great hands and runs great routes. I do see this changing as the season progresses though. i see hartline continue to be a slot guy (along with bess) and see him eventually winning over the position from camarillo. my only basis for this argument is that if i were a coach, i'd like to give a guy like hartline a bit more time to mature before just handing him the trophy

Tue May 18, 2010 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2