View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:15 am



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Red Dead Redemption 
Author Message
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Red Dead Redemption
Game of the Year in one week. I love GTA and I love westerns, can't wait.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=red%20de ... a16ab925f2


Wed May 12, 2010 3:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
whoops. Why can't I move topics anymore


Wed May 12, 2010 3:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 320
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Looks awesome. I'll have to save my pennies.


Wed May 12, 2010 3:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Moved it for you ggippo. Not sure what happened to your Mod powers though...LOL.


Wed May 12, 2010 3:27 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Phins Rock wrote:
Moved it for you ggippo. Not sure what happened to your Mod powers though...LOL.

His powers where given to the real "Draft Guru" Mel Kipper Jrrrrrrrr.....lol :grin:

_________________
Image


Thu May 13, 2010 1:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:02 pm
Posts: 46
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Been waiting for this game for a long time can't wait to pick it up. It's going to have to be incredible to take game of the year from God Of War 3 though.

_________________
Image


Thu May 13, 2010 5:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Have not played GOW 3 unfortunately had to sell my PS3. It looks better than the last GTA and the last GTA is the best reviewed game of all time. So I have high expectations.


Fri May 14, 2010 6:22 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 149
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1432 ... 65?show=hi

9.7/10 from IGN. Amazon can't get this game to me soon enough.


Mon May 17, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Looks like fun. I am waiting on APB to come out soon! Totally stoked for that game.

_________________
Image


Sat May 22, 2010 6:27 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
This game hasn't left my ps3 since I bought it last week. Multiplayer is awesome, single player is awesome, the graphics look great and everything flows great. It gets a 5/5 from me.

_________________
Image


Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Couple of my friends are trying to get me to buy this, but I've never been a GTA gamer.


Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3838
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Went out and bought it the other day... epiccccc!!!

FYI - I'm on Modern Warfare 2 on both PS3 and 360 now so hit me up!!! "IamPZ" is my gamer tag as well!


Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:02 pm
Posts: 46
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
I can't believe I've had this game 2 weeks and still haven't had the chance to play it.


Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:33 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3838
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
TxDolfan wrote:
I can't believe I've had this game 2 weeks and still haven't had the chance to play it.


:embarrassed: :hithead: :hithead: :hithead:


Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:07 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Phins Rock wrote:
Couple of my friends are trying to get me to buy this, but I've never been a GTA gamer.


The thing about GTA is it starts slow. Red Dead starts a little slow too. But both games become exponentially more fun the longer you play them.

Red Dead is more of a cousin to GTA and not a brother. Its very different. I love the targeting system of Red Dead and wish GTA would adopt it.


Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:12 am
Profile
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 am
Posts: 3647
Location: Sweet Home ALABAMA!
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
What is the targeting system like on it? I haven't played a Grand Theft Auto game since... PS2 I guess... I had fun playing it, just never played any on PS3 and whatnot...

So, I'm thinking I should give this a shot... *shrug*


Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Coots wrote:
What is the targeting system like on it? I haven't played a Grand Theft Auto game since... PS2 I guess... I had fun playing it, just never played any on PS3 and whatnot...

So, I'm thinking I should give this a shot... *shrug*


The video shows the dead eye targeting system towards the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdQioEDq77M


Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:14 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8949
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Just got a PS3 and this is the first game I bought (well I got others but I bought this at the same time as I got the system). I must say, this game is AMAZING!! In addition to being a great game, it's like watching a movie at the same time. The dialogue and the acting (simulation) is absolutely spectacular. I could watch someone play this game and enjoy it like it was a western movie. Outstanding!


Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
Phin wrote:
Just got a PS3 and this is the first game I bought (well I got others but I bought this at the same time as I got the system). I must say, this game is AMAZING!! In addition to being a great game, it's like watching a movie at the same time. The dialogue and the acting (simulation) is absolutely spectacular. I could watch someone play this game and enjoy it like it was a western movie. Outstanding!


Speaking of games that play like movies, you should play uncharted 1 & 2. My wife actually gets into watching me play this game. I'm on chapter 14 in part 2 and I'm still on the edge of my seat everytime I turn it on. The online play is one of the best out right now as well.

_________________
Image


Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3838
Post Re: Red Dead Redemption
joeschmoe wrote:
Phin wrote:
Just got a PS3 and this is the first game I bought (well I got others but I bought this at the same time as I got the system). I must say, this game is AMAZING!! In addition to being a great game, it's like watching a movie at the same time. The dialogue and the acting (simulation) is absolutely spectacular. I could watch someone play this game and enjoy it like it was a western movie. Outstanding!


Speaking of games that play like movies, you should play uncharted 1 & 2. My wife actually gets into watching me play this game. I'm on chapter 14 in part 2 and I'm still on the edge of my seat everytime I turn it on. The online play is one of the best out right now as well.


Agreed... I beat both and would instantly play them again... amazing gameplay and cinematics.

Overall short game though, I'd recommend renting them


Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:29 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.