View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 NFL Replay Dolphins vs Jets 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post NFL Replay Dolphins vs Jets
I watch every game every season but its hard to notice everything while you are watching a game live and when you watch it over when you already know the outcome.

Few things I noticed was:
1. Sean Smith and Vontae Davis definitely looked like 2 stud CB's at times but also made rookie mistakes. But I am and have been extremely impressed from what I saw from them last year. I'm curious to see if Will Allen will be the starter over either one. I can definitely see Vonate defending the slot WR but not Sean Smith. This will be a nice competition between the 3. I do think that Vontae is the overall best of the 3 tho. That play were he picked off Sanchez for the 2 point conversion looked effortless.

2. Paul Soliai was a monster in this game. I have seen posts were guys have questioned his ability but this man is a run stuffer and never gives up on a play. People say that Ginn won that game for us, but that play by Soliai to force a fumble was huge and definitely gave us a spark too. I've also seen guys saying he probably wont make the team... I highly doubt that.

3. Chris Clemons does not impress me. I think that Culver will be our week 1 starter unless Reshard Jones is the real deal. Clemons looks lost way too much. He also looked horrible tackling guys in open space. On that one play where Vonate went for the deflection and missed, Clemons waited back there to make that tackle and got burnt instead of closing in on the tackle. I hope Clemons can improve but I just don't see it.

Sun May 09, 2010 6:40 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: NFL Replay Dolphins vs Jets
How does that INT by Vontae not count as a pick on the stat sheet? Dumb....I had forgotten about it too. I was going nuts when I saw it, and my brother had to remind me that it wasn't live.

Soliai was definitely a beast. Made several plays, and abused single teams. Ferguson and Starks ABUSED Faneca and Mangold.

That play that you mentioned with Clemons, he didn't have a chance to make that play....I actually thought he played well. I like his down-hill style of play, and love his speed. He needs to become a little more natural though in his movements.

I had forgotten how soft Sean Smith was. Man...That guy needs to toughen up and put a body into somebody. He had one nice tackle on Edwards but that was it...he had a handful of extremely sketchy tackles, made and missed, and dropped the potential pick 6. Overall though, he's probably our best coverage corner. Vontae is the playmaker and will be a star very soon, but as of right now I think SS is our most polished cover guy, even ahead of Will Allen.

Kendal Langford is a beast man...just one of those guys that doesn't go noticed until you watch the game with a clean, objective mind. He makes tons of plays that gets lost by fans in the shuffle of an entire game/season.

Sun May 09, 2010 7:15 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Quote:
How does that INT by Vontae not count as a pick on the stat sheet?

I always thought the same thing and don't understand why the NFL does not record INT's in that stats. Does a sack or tackle get credited on a 2 point conversion?

On the flip side, I thought his game was good but nothing compared to the Monday Night Game @ home vs the Jets. I was there and boy it felt sweet to wave my Ronnie Brown jersey around while Jet fans sat their with bitter faces!!!

Last edited by TheCarver13 on Sun May 09, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 09, 2010 10:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TheCarver13 wrote:
Quote:
How does that INT by Vontae not count as a pick on the stat sheet?

I always thought the same thing. Does a sack or tackle get credited on a 2 point conversion?

No. The only that counts are the points on the scoreboard.

Sun May 09, 2010 10:18 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I could kick Bess square in the butt every time I see that darn fumbled punt. But it was a nice win overall.

Tue May 11, 2010 5:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]