View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 NT Paul Soliai knows it’s now-or-never time to make his mark 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post NT Paul Soliai knows it’s now-or-never time to make his mark
Quote:
Dolphins fourth-year defensive tackle Paul Soliai is no dummy.

“Paul knows the challenges that are ahead of him. He reads the newspaper like everybody else,” said his new agent, David Canter of Miramar

But Soliai must also prove he is worthy of the extra playing time. Canter said Soliai feels refreshed this offseason and is getting his “second-chance opportunity.”

“Making a change sometimes can be the greatest thing ever for a player,” Canter said. “Hiring an agent that’s local, someone that’s going to be on top of him on a regular basis, someone that’s going to motivate him, having the confidence of his wife behind him in the decision, in all honesty I think it’s kind of a refreshing.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... -dolphins/

Thu May 06, 2010 10:07 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: NT Paul Soliai knows it’s now-or-never time to make his mark
Hopefully he can make some improvements and do it quickly......this may be a now or never for him as a dolphin, especially if a rookie NT proves to be worth more of a look.

It will be a fun battle to watch this summer. :war:

Thu May 06, 2010 10:45 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Lets see if this lights a fire under his huge Azz....and he really starts to produce out there, and not just show up in spurts.

Thu May 06, 2010 1:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If Soliai wants to make this team he had better be in the gym all day long because the staff will cut him in a heartbeat if he has more weigh issues. I could never figure out why they keep him around, it just sounds to me like his work ethic is terrible. He has the type of size/strength that just can't be taught but at some point he's going to have to do it himself if he wants to be a starter. It does take some guys a couple of years before the light goes on, maybe it's his time?

Fri May 07, 2010 1:22 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

From what I've seen of Soliai, this is his last year. He'll be replaced next year with someone more conisistent. I have to admit to being pretty disappointed in his development.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
From what I've seen of Soliai, this is his last year. He'll be replaced next year with someone more conisistent. I have to admit to being pretty disappointed in his development.

He was a fourth round Cam Cameron/Randy Mueller draft pick. I was disappointed with Soliai until I remembered just that fact. Nobody from that draft amounted to much of anything except Fields. I think it's amazing Soliai has lasted this long to tell you the truth. I thought he would have been traded or cut after last season. I do agree that this is his last year with us though, and I also agree that someone more consistent will be brought in next year or possibly right away if the right guy shows up at camp.

Fri May 07, 2010 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]