View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins reunite 'dread heads' 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins reunite 'dread heads'
Quote:
The Dolphins might have found a Davone Bess-like gem in Ryan Grice-Mullen, but is there room for both of them?

By JEFF DARLINGTON
jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com
He sprinted around the field with those same quick and compact steps, catching passes and returning punts while dreadlocks flowed from the back of his helmet.

For two years, Dolphins wide receiver Davone Bess has been easy to spot at the team's facility because of those very qualities. So this was nothing unusual. But it wasn't Bess.

But Grice-Mullen, who landed in Houston, tweaked his hamstring before he could prove the same type of worth as Bess.

``If you have an injury as a free agent, you're gone,'' Grice-Mullen said. ``That was the thing that hurt the most. It wasn't like I got released because I wasn't good enough. I just wasn't able to show my talent

Grice-Mullen said he understands the predicament -- but he also believes it can be viewed as more of an asset than a problem.

``I do definitely see that fit,'' Grice-Mullen said. ``One thing from playing at Hawaii, we're both versatile. We can play different spots. You can move us in the slot, and we can handle ourselves outside for small guys. We can both do the return game, too.''

Can Miami find room for two?

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/06/1 ... z0nAVtpSf2

Thu May 06, 2010 10:14 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Miami Dolphins reunite 'dread heads'
Surreee... need a return guy anyways!

Thu May 06, 2010 11:24 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I posted this bout 4 months ago haha but still good update

Thu May 06, 2010 6:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Grice-Mullen will definitely have an uphill battle to win a roster spot. I guess it all comes down to his special teams contributions. If he can provide a spark on special teams then we might keep him on as the 4th receiver. If he proves to be the best guy out there at returning kicks then that will be critical. With Bess having issues hanging on to the ball on punts, and the recent departure of Ted Ginn Jr., then G-M has an opportunity to seize those roles. I'm pulling for the guy, if he's as good as Bess then we've stolen another diamond in the rough!
:yay:

Thu May 06, 2010 10:06 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Being from Hawaii, I've watched Bess and RGM from the day they set foot on campus and I will tell that speed is the ONLY difference between the two. RGM got a bad deal when he got hurt. By the time Houston cut him, the Bears rosters were almost set.

These two would make a very dangerous tandem in the slot, especially in 4 or 5 wide sets. If RGM holds true to form, I think Camarillo becomes expendable.

Fri May 07, 2010 12:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

finfan808 wrote:
Being from Hawaii, I've watched Bess and RGM from the day they set foot on campus and I will tell that speed is the ONLY difference between the two. RGM got a bad deal when he got hurt. By the time Houston cut him, the Bears rosters were almost set.

These two would make a very dangerous tandem in the slot, especially in 4 or 5 wide sets. If RGM holds true to form, I think Camarillo becomes expendable.

You think he's that good? So you think Marshall, Bess, Hartline, and Grice-Mullen should be our wideouts? That sounds good to me so long as Grice-Mullen is as good as Bess, or maybe better. Which one is the better of the two in your opinion?

Fri May 07, 2010 1:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
You think he's that good? So you think Marshall, Bess, Hartline, and Grice-Mullen should be our wideouts?

Throw Camarillo in there and I agree. Grice-Mullen will be the kick returner/punt returner and come in sparingly on 5 receiver sets....our Domenik Hixon if you will.
Brandon Marshall-Plaxico Burress
Greg Camarillo-Amani Toomer
Davone Bess-Steve Smith
Brian Hartline-Kevin Boss

Looks like a super bowl receiving corps to me.

Fri May 07, 2010 1:43 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

wkloiber13 wrote:
You think he's that good? So you think Marshall, Bess, Hartline, and Grice-Mullen should be our wideouts? That sounds good to me so long as Grice-Mullen is as good as Bess, or maybe better. Which one is the better of the two in your opinion?

It's actually very very miniscule. Both are agile and very quick. Bess runs crisper and sharper routes and has a good base coming out of his cuts. RGM is an excellent route runner as well but when you stack him up next to Bess you can see that Bess is a little sharper. Their intellect is the same very hard working and very studious when it comes to film study and defensive coverages. In June Jones offense WR are required to read coverages and adjust routes on the fly. As you can see by their stats their final season in Hawaii they did it pretty darn good.

Davone Bess 108 receptions 1266 yards and 12 TD's
RGM 106 receptions 1372 yards and 13 TD's (2008 combine 40 time 4.44)

Sat May 08, 2010 4:08 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

In June Jones offense WR are required to read coverages and adjust routes on the fly. As you can see by their stats their final season in Hawaii they did it pretty darn good.

RGM 106 receptions 1372 yards and 13 TD's (2008 combine 40 time 4.44)[/quote]
Yeah just hope RGM wont turn out to be another A.Lelie

Sat May 08, 2010 4:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
In June Jones offense WR are required to read coverages and adjust routes on the fly. As you can see by their stats their final season in Hawaii they did it pretty darn good.

RGM 106 receptions 1372 yards and 13 TD's (2008 combine 40 time 4.44)

Yeah just hope RGM wont turn out to be another A.Lelie[/quote]

Lol...man, 214 catches for 25 td's. That is ridiculous.

Sat May 08, 2010 4:31 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I will say that Bess and RGM both seem to have a lot more hunger than A.Lelie did. It's just something about those smaller players.....like they have way more to prove to people that they belong here........Right PZ lol

Sat May 08, 2010 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]