View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:48 pm



Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Reggie Bush 
Author Message
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 543
Post Reggie Bush
What a great game that kid had. Nice to see the saints orginization and the saint fans stick with him. The amount of hype he had coming in the league as the #2 overall pick he has come a long way. I bet their glad they didn't write him off or try to trade him off for nothing.


Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Reggie Bush
MTFan wrote:
What a great game that kid had. Nice to see the saints orginization and the saint fans stick with him. The amount of hype he had coming in the league as the #2 overall pick he has come a long way. I bet their glad they didn't write him off or try to trade him off for nothing.


I don't think anyone (except maybe Cam Cameron) would ever have written off a talent like Reggie Bush...especially in a wide open offense like Sean Payton has installed. Bush will never be a premier or every down back, but he certainly has what it takes to make an explosive play.

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Reggie Bush
I just realized I probably walked right into a "so we shouldn't give up on Ginn" statement...but it's quite the opposite. Ginn just doesn't cut the mustard as a football player. Bush can make guys miss, and even run over a DB...the only thing Ginn can run over is some hurdles. He's fast and belongs on a track, not a football field.

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:49 pm
Profile
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 543
Post Re: Reggie Bush
I absolutely was referring to Ginn. The same things were said about Bush his first couple years in the league.

Nice to see a franchise not give up on a guy that they picked #2, had a little patience and he put them in the NFC championship game.


Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:43 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3326
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Reggie Bush
Yea well, Reggie Bush can cut inside every now and then....

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:24 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Reggie Bush
Ski_Money wrote:
Yea well, Reggie Bush can cut inside every now and then....


:)
not only that, but Reggie Bush did NOT take New Orleans to a championship game. More like Drew Brees, his receivers, Darren Sharper and Sean Payton did. Put those guys in Miami, and Ted Ginn would still be mediocre.

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3326
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Reggie Bush
Mediocre means seldom gets open but catches the ball. What do you call it when it's seldom gets open and can't catch a cold while butt naked in anartica?

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Reggie Bush
Ski_Money wrote:
Mediocre means seldom gets open but catches the ball. What do you call it when it's seldom gets open and can't catch a cold while butt naked in anartica?


Well that is just down right terrible, but what elevates him to mediocre is the occasional ability to return a kick.

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3326
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Reggie Bush
Too bad there isn't 54 spots on the roster so we could keep a return man.

_________________
Image


Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 543
Post Re: Reggie Bush
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Yea well, Reggie Bush can cut inside every now and then....


:)
not only that, but Reggie Bush did NOT take New Orleans to a championship game. More like Drew Brees, his receivers, Darren Sharper and Sean Payton did. Put those guys in Miami, and Ted Ginn would still be mediocre.


Ski - yeah well, touche

Iowa - Bush had his best day as a pro in that game, yes Bush was one of the biggest reasons the Saints won that game, kid was unreal.


Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Reggie Bush
MTFan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Yea well, Reggie Bush can cut inside every now and then....


:)
not only that, but Reggie Bush did NOT take New Orleans to a championship game. More like Drew Brees, his receivers, Darren Sharper and Sean Payton did. Put those guys in Miami, and Ted Ginn would still be mediocre.


Ski - yeah well, touche

Iowa - Bush had his best day as a pro in that game, yes Bush was one of the biggest reasons the Saints won that game, kid was unreal.


If you want to believe that, go ahead. The score was 45-14. If you think Bush took them there, or was even a big reason, go right ahead.

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:13 pm
Posts: 30
Post Re: Reggie Bush
He played good against a bad defence AZ.

Tonight he did crap except for a broken play TD which was big for them LOL
but none the less not very productive.


Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 543
Post Re: Reggie Bush
Big Lu wrote:
He played good against a bad defence AZ.

Tonight he did crap except for a broken play TD which was big for them LOL
but none the less not very productive.



especially that muffed punt return. To bad the Vikes couldn't execute a handoff and make 'em pay.

They need to cut that guy or trade him for a 4th rounder.


Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:18 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Reggie Bush
MTFan wrote:
Big Lu wrote:
He played good against a bad defence AZ.

Tonight he did crap except for a broken play TD which was big for them LOL
but none the less not very productive.



especially that muffed punt return. To bad the Vikes couldn't execute a handoff and make 'em pay.

They need to cut that guy or trade him for a 4th rounder.


I surely hope you're joking.

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3326
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Reggie Bush
Is he refering to AP? Cut?

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:59 am
Profile
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 543
Post Re: Reggie Bush
Ski_Money wrote:
Is he refering to AP? Cut?


no Bush, and I was joking, a little


Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: Reggie Bush
I think Bush's thing, as with Ginn, is being afraid to play physical. The past couple games he (bush) has been lowering his shoulder and hitting guys, and it has helped him tremendously. It's been said over and over, but if Bush can learn to run some guys over and not be afraid to take hits, he can be one helluva rb.

_________________
Image


Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.