View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
 Dolphins May look to move Pat White to WR 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dolphins May look to move Pat White to WR
Two conflicting reports, or, if you put them together, moving White to WR would be the kiss of death.

Quote:
Dolphins May look to move Pat White to WR
Tue, 04 May 2010
www.kffl.com

The Miami Dolphins could consider moving QB Pat White to wide receiver if he does not show improvement in his passing accuracy this season, reports Brian Biggane, of the Palm Beach Post.

RotoWorld wrote:
Pat White's passing was "borderline terrible on the practice field last year," according to the Palm Beach Post. The Dolphins are stuck in a holding pattern with last year's second-round bust. He's fallen to No. 4 on the depth chart at quarterback, and early indications suggest he won't be utilized in the Wildcat formation as much this season. The Fins are deeper at receiver now, too, and have given no indication that a position switch is coming.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... _teams=MIA

Wed May 05, 2010 3:59 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Dolphins May look to move Pat White to WR
The Dolphins have demonstrated the willingness to cut their losses.

Pat White may not make the roster.

Wed May 05, 2010 4:07 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Yep , sounds like the beginning of the end.

Wed May 05, 2010 5:08 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Didn't our team break the one rule of rookie quarterbacks by changing his throwing motion? I'm not campaigning to save the Pistol or anything but they should give him some time. & I figure Thygpen will be traded by the end of preseason so we'll have room

Wed May 05, 2010 5:28 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Pat White's chances of making this team totally hinges on Chad Pennington's recovery. If Pennington starts off on PUP, White gets saved. If Penningon is our #2, then White might lose his spot on the roster. I don't see Miami cutting Thigpen

Wed May 05, 2010 6:33 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Rich wrote:

Agreed, I felt that way once they resigned Pennington.

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed May 05, 2010 9:01 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I honestly think that keeping Pennington at #3 on the depth chart would give Miami options with the Wildcat. Thigpen is a much better Wildcat QB then White. Thigpen is a much better QB overall then White period.

Keeping Pennington as the number 3 would allow the offense to still utilize the Wildcat, although I think I've seen enough.

Wed May 05, 2010 9:29 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Well either White makes the roster as a WR (doubtful) or he is gone. No way will he beat out the three other qbs we have on roster. Of course there is always the possibility of us trading away one of our qbs, I don't see that happening now. I'd say White is as good as gone.

Wed May 05, 2010 10:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I admit it. I fully supported this pick when they made it. Even though it's only been 1 season, he inspired practically no confidence. He looked like a scared child out there when he played and couldn't pass for sh*t. If they jettison him, I'm fine with that.

Wed May 05, 2010 10:29 am

The Hen wrote:
Rich wrote:

Agreed, I felt that way once they resigned Pennington.

I felt that way on April 27th, 2009.

Wed May 05, 2010 12:45 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
I admit it. I fully supported this pick when they made it. Even though it's only been 1 season, he inspired practically no confidence. He looked like a scared child out there when he played and couldn't pass for sh*t. If they jettison him, I'm fine with that.

Pat Whtie was a luxery pick for a team who couldn't afford any luxery picks.

Wed May 05, 2010 12:52 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:

I felt that way on April 27th, 2009.

LOL.

Wed May 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Funny, I think alot of the pre Training Camp reporting is skewed by the Brandon Marshall trade, as if suddenly the Sparano led dolphins are going to become a passing team..

That is not going to happen, the entire offense is designed to run the ball, the WildCat is a part of that scheme, Thiggy nor Pennington are going to be running the WC anytime soon, that leaves Pat White.

I'd love to hear what basis those articles are written on other than the writer's own opinions.

Wed May 05, 2010 5:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

padre31 wrote:
I'd love to hear what basis those articles are written on other than the writer's own opinions.

Probably the basis that he can't play quarterback.

Wed May 05, 2010 5:13 pm

padre31 wrote:
Funny, I think alot of the pre Training Camp reporting is skewed by the Brandon Marshall trade, as if suddenly the Sparano led dolphins are going to become a passing team..

That is not going to happen, the entire offense is designed to run the ball, the WildCat is a part of that scheme, Thiggy nor Pennington are going to be running the WC anytime soon, that leaves Pat White.

The Wildcat was designed to compensate for the offense's lack of explosive plays.

If there are signs of that changing this season, I think you'll see the Wildcat less and less.

Wed May 05, 2010 5:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
padre31 wrote:

The Wildcat was designed to compensate for the offense's lack of explosive plays.

If there are signs of that changing this season, I think you'll see the Wildcat less and less.

Yes.
I don't think it will ever go away as a 1st down goaline offense.

Wed May 05, 2010 5:22 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
padre31 wrote:

Who knows? And that is my point, the writer is merely pulling information out of his bunghole, mixing it with innuendo, and there are no facts to back up anything they wrote.

Why else did we add two Guards who are much better run blockers in Incognito and Jerry other than Sparano plans on continuing to run the ball heavily? And keep in mind John Jerry knows how to block for Wildcat plays as Ole Miss ran them under the "Wild Rebel" offense while he was there.

And Jerry played RT at Ole Miss so when they go to the unbalanced line for the WC the "Guard" will in fact be a tackle as well, to me that means the WC will be very much a part of the 2010 offense.

Last edited by padre31 on Wed May 05, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:04 pm

padre31 wrote:
Who knows? And that is my point, the writer is merely pulling information out of his bunghole, mixing it with innuendo, and there are no facts to back up anything they wrote.

I don't see where the writer said the Wildcat would go away or be used less. He said Pat White would. And that is more than pulling something out of your bunghole and the rest of the stuff you said. It's called deductive reason.

The guy sucked really bad on the field.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:07 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
padre31 wrote:

I don't see where the writer said the Wildcat would go away or be used less. He said Pat White would. And that is more than pulling something out of your bunghole and the rest of the stuff you said. It's called deductive reason.

The guy sucked really bad on the field.

White was also a Rookie who played a total of 50 plays yet he should be tossed overboard?

Foolish imho.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 pm

padre31 wrote:
White was also a Rookie who played a total of 50 plays yet he should be tossed overboard?

I saw with my own two eyes at a few training camp practices that Pat White in 1 on 1 or 7 on 7 drills couldn't hit the ocean if he were in the middle of the Atlantic on a floating piece of balsa wood. He possesses ZERO accuracy. Even if you are a rookie, you show some rudimentary ability to complete a pass in camp drills. Pat White could not do this. He does not possess the size to run with power. We already saw him get killed once. The only thing he possesses is raw athletic ability. I saw absolutely NOTHING at any time, preseason, regular season or camp, that showed even a small glimpse of quarterbacking skill.

Even the greenest rookie QB who possesses some QB talent shows the ability to complete a 5 yard pass. White could not accomplish this monumental feat.

Quote:
Foolish imho.

Arrogance on your part in mine.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:22 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
padre31 wrote:

I saw with my own two eyes at a few training camp practices that Pat White in 1 on 1 or 7 on 7 drills couldn't hit the ocean if he were in the middle of the Atlantic on a floating piece of balsa wood. He possesses ZERO accuracy. Even if you are a rookie, you show some rudimentary ability to complete a pass in camp drills. Pat White could not do this. He does not possess the size to run with power. We already saw him get killed once. The only thing he possesses is raw athletic ability. I saw absolutely NOTHING at any time, preseason, regular season or camp, that showed even a small glimpse of quarterbacking skill.

Even the greenest rookie QB who possesses some QB talent shows the ability to complete a 5 yard pass. White could not accomplish this monumental feat.

Quote:
Foolish imho.

Odd, I saw positives out of White during the regular season, the Staff did as well..why else was he the WC Qb on the 2pt conversion for the tie with 25 seconds to go?

Wed May 05, 2010 6:43 pm

padre31 wrote:

No, It leaves your starting QB....(Henne as a wideout.)

If Thigpen and Chad are the backups. Pat white will have to play else where.

I can't see them having 52 players and a Pat White. I just can't. IMO, there is no way he beats out Thigpen.

Lets' hope Ronnie is back healthy for camp. :stiffarm:

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Wed May 05, 2010 6:47 pm
Profile YIM

padre31 wrote:
Odd, I saw positives out of White during the regular season, the Staff did as well..why else was he the WC Qb on the 2pt conversion for the tie with 25 seconds to go?

Positives would imply improvement. Everytime White came in, drives stalled. It got so bad they STOPPED PLAYING HIM until they had no choice against Pittsburgh. I'm not sure which season you saw.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:48 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
padre31 wrote:

Positives would imply improvement. Everytime White came in, drives stalled. It got so bad they stopped playing until they had no choice against Pittsburgh. I'm not sure which season you saw.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/pat ... log/638337

Not so, most games he had one carry, and a part of the reason why the WildCat was shelved had to do with the defense giving up points in the 1st half, when you are down by 10 pts, 17 pts, the WC is off the table.

5 passes, including the opening day 55 yd bomb that went over Ginn's head is by no means a reasonable amount of time to say one way or another concerning Pat White in Miami.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:58 pm

padre31 wrote:
Not so, most games he had one carry

Man, that's a mindblowing share of the load. :hithead:

Quote:
and a part of the reason why the WildCat was shelved had to do with the defense giving up points in the 1st half, when you are down by 10 pts, 17 pts, the WC is off the table.

Wildcat and Wildpat are two different things.

Quote:
5 passes, including the opening day 55 yd bomb that went over Ginn's head is by no means a reasonable amount of time to say one way or another concerning Pat White in Miami.

Which is why he has one more training camp to show even marginal improvement.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:02 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The Hen wrote:
padre31 wrote:

No, It leaves your starting QB....(Henne as a wideout.)

If Thigpen and Chad are the backups. Pat white will have to play else where.

I can't see them having 52 players and a Pat White. I just can't. IMO, there is no way he beats out Thigpen.

Lets' hope Ronnie is back healthy for camp. :stiffarm:

Perhaps, then again Thiggy was peddled out of KC for a 5th rd pick for a reason, and Pennington's shoulder may never be strong enough to throw the ball again at an NFL level.

Once again, at best, no one knows, that is what Training Camp is for.

I do suspect that Dolfans have the wrong idea about the Acquistion of Brandon Marshall, we acquired two Guards who are better at run blocking than pass blocking, one with a WildCat background who can also play Tackle, and yet Sparano is going to change his spots and begin throwing the ball all over the field?

Wed May 05, 2010 7:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Pat White sucked. The end.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:03 pm

padre31 wrote:
yet Sparano is going to change his spots and begin throwing the ball all over the field?

Straw man. Where in his post does Hen say this? Where do the quotes in the first post say this?

Wed May 05, 2010 7:04 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Mindblowing?

Stats don't lie Rich.

I will agree with you on one thing, Pat White has to show much more as a passer in Training Camp than he did last TC.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Pat White sucked. The end.

You're wrong. The Dolphins will not begin throwing the ball all over the field.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:06 pm

padre31 wrote:
Stats don't lie Rich.

That argument is a double-edged sword when it comes to your defense of Pat White.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:07 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
padre31 wrote:
yet Sparano is going to change his spots and begin throwing the ball all over the field?

Straw man. Where in his post does Hen say this? Where do the quotes in the first post say this?

Far from a non sequitur, that is strictly my own view as I've repeated, I did not attribute that to Hen.

My statement does withstand scrutiny, we acquired Incognito and Jerry and Dimitri Tsoumpas, all three run blocking Guards, and yet the WC and WildPat, which are a part of the power running game will be abandoned due to Marshall's acquistion?

Hardly, we still will run the ball as the primary means of offense, and that means the WC and WP.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:08 pm

padre31 wrote:
Far from a non sequitur, that is strictly my own view as I've repeated, I did not attribute that to Hen.

Why counter arguments by dismissing a point no one is making?

Quote:
My statement does withstand scrutiny, we acquired Incognito and Jerry and Dimitri Tsoumpas, all three run blocking Guards, and yet the WC and WildPat, which are a part of the power running game will be abandoned due to Marshall's acquistion?

The WildPat is part of the "power" running game.

That's amusing.

If Henne and Marshall develop chemistry, you will see the gimmickery decrease or disappear. It would make zero sense to take your best offensive weapon out of the gameplan to put in a player with a high rate of uncertainty in as the focal point.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:14 pm

Rich wrote:
padre31 wrote:
Stats don't lie Rich.

That argument is a double-edged sword when it comes to your defense of Pat White.

A big stat, is his awesome 5 attempts for zero completions.

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 pm
Profile YIM

padre31 wrote:

Hardly, we still will run the ball as the primary means of offense, and that means the WC and WP.

I don't think we signed those guys just for the wildcat. You can aquire good lineman for....well...........

just running the ball without a gimmick.

I for one also think they will use the wildcat, here and there....But it doesn't mean the wildpat. Marshall can be a real headache in a wildcat formation. With Ronnie and Ricky in there. Pat White is not needed.

Pat will have to show quickly that he can compete with Thigpen, as a QB. Not a gimmick guy.

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Wed May 05, 2010 7:22 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rich wrote:
padre31 wrote:

Why counter arguments by dismissing a point no one is making?

Quote:

The WildPat is part of the "power" running game.

That's amusing.

If Henne and Marshall develop chemistry, you will see the gimmickery decrease or disappear. It would make zero sense to take your best offensive weapon out of the gameplan to put in a player with a high rate of uncertainty in as the focal point.

Or, the WildCat will create matchup headaches as Defenses with Brandon Marshall at Wr.

Quote:
He told Jennings that they were thinking about Pat White, although at the time White wasn’t a large blip on their radar.

“He spoke really highly of him,” Parcells said. “His father was a football coach there. We talked at length about him. Funny, isn’t it? I was just taking in a baseball game. You never know.”

Parcells put that information into his onboard computer and, of course, along with what he had seen of White in the Senior Bowl. When White was still there with the 44th pick in the second round of the NFL draft, the Dolphins snatched him up.

“We don’t know where it’s going,” Parcells said of White and the “WildPat.” “He demonstrated qualities that are rare in a collegiate player. I don’t know what it was, but at the end of the day it seemed his team wound up winning.

“Physically, he is not a prototypical NFL quarterback. His height is not prototypical of an NFL quarterback. His weight is not prototypical of an NFL quarterback. But his athletic abilities are superior.”

Parcells knows it won’t come easily for White. He’s watching him struggle early.

http://cnhinews.com/node/2092

That is what Parcell's had to say about White in 2009, they knew going in what White lacked and yet they took him anyway.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:23 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The Hen wrote:
padre31 wrote:

I don't think we signed those guys just for the wildcat. You can aquire good lineman for....well...........

just running the ball without a gimmick.

I for one also think they will use the wildcat, here and there....Pat will have to show quickly that he can compete with Thigpen, atleast.

I can agree, White has to show more this Training Camp, I'm not 100% on the "or else" portion of that statement, however I do feel White has more pressure on him this year.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:25 pm

The Hen wrote:
Rich wrote:
padre31 wrote:
Stats don't lie Rich.

A big stat, is his awesome 5 attempts for zero completions.

Yeah but he averaged a massive 2.9 yards per carry last year, (excluding that one run against NE)...

Wed May 05, 2010 7:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Sorry Padre31, I'm with the rest of the guys. It might be time to let Pat White go. He was supposed to be an explosive playmaker that would make our offense even more confusing for opposing defenses. Instead he has proven to be so inadequate as a quarterback that his passing ability scares nobody. It looks as if opposing defenses treat him like a regular runningback. If my memory serves me right Ronnie Brown has a higher passer rating than Pat White! I think it's time to shelf the kid. You put him on the practice squad until he proves he can actually be a contributor. If someone else picks him up, then so be it.
:boo:

Wed May 05, 2010 7:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]