Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12000
Location: Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Dolphins Unlikely to Sign Adalius Thomas
Tue Apr 27, 2010
www.ffmastermind.com

The Boston Globe reports while Dolphins DC Mike Nolan likes free-agent LB Adalius Thomas as a player, the club's steadfast commitment to its youth movement on the roster will almost certainly prevent Miami from going after Thomas.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:16 am 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
It would be rough considering how many LB's we drafted and how many LB's we have on the roster right now. It would be nice to have a veteran leader, but I believe the guys we have on our roster like Charlie Anderson, etc. have waited long enough and it's there time to step into that veteran leadership role and hopefully succeed.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 148
He hasn't been good in years. But we are very young at that position. Adding a vet at that position might not be bad


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5501
Location: Columbia, SC
Thomas has not put up the numbers he did with the Ravens, but he has been solid for the Patriots. Obviously the falling out with Bellichik spelled the end of his tenure in New England.

Personally, I would not mind either way. He knows Nolan's defense and could help the young kids, but Miami is dedicated to the youth movement, which is fine by me also.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 148
The main reason for the "falling out" is because he showed up a few minutes late for a meeting when the area was hit with about 4 ft of snow overnight and the roads were slow.

Belichick never forgave him (and a couple others) for that. I know he didn't produce on the field but that is kinda stupid on Belichick's end


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5501
Location: Columbia, SC
Flipper wrote:
The main reason for the "falling out" is because he showed up a few minutes late for a meeting when the area was hit with about 4 ft of snow overnight and the roads were slow.

Belichick never forgave him (and a couple others) for that. I know he didn't produce on the field but that is kinda stupid on Belichick's end


Yeah, I remember what started the beginning of the end in regards to the winter storm they had. I think Adalius was 8 minutes late arrving in what was described as a very bad storm. I think he even called ahead to let the team know he was going to be late.

From there, things continued to deteriate.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
According to ESPN, the Phins are open to brining Thomas in if he were to play for a reasonable contract. He seems to be intrigued due to the fact that we play the Pats twice a year. I guess he really wants to get back at them. I would not mind having him around and watching him take out the Pats one at a time.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 148
MIAcubano13 wrote:
According to ESPN, the Phins are open to brining Thomas in if he were to play for a reasonable contract. He seems to be intrigued due to the fact that we play the Pats twice a year. I guess he really wants to get back at them. I would not mind having him around and watching him take out the Pats one at a time.


That is a MIAMI HERALD story, ESPN just linked to it.

Armando reported that


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
Flipper wrote:
MIAcubano13 wrote:
According to ESPN, the Phins are open to brining Thomas in if he were to play for a reasonable contract. He seems to be intrigued due to the fact that we play the Pats twice a year. I guess he really wants to get back at them. I would not mind having him around and watching him take out the Pats one at a time.


That is a MIAMI HERALD story, ESPN just linked to it.

Armando reported that


Again, common sense. If the contract is reasonable he's like our little own Jason Taylor. We get a guy with an axe to grind ...... not to mention who's versatility and familiarity with the defense we can use to a great degree. Keep in mind NONE of the linebackers currently on the roster have any experience in it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
MIAcubano13 wrote:
According to ESPN, the Phins are open to brining Thomas in if he were to play for a reasonable contract. He seems to be intrigued due to the fact that we play the Pats twice a year. I guess he really wants to get back at them. I would not mind having him around and watching him take out the Pats one at a time.


So he's a veteran with a chip on his shoulder and a hatred for Belichick. Sounds good to me. So long as he doesn't steal a roster spot away from any of our hight draft picks I'm fine with it.
:yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 148
I bet we offer a 1 year deal loaded with incentives. Cause WHEN the salary cap returns next year they aren't gonna want this then 33 year old around making any serious money.

If we also pay Thomas more than what we offered JT, it will come off as bad business and be a PR nightmare. I'm not so sure about us adding Thomas. I hope we do, I'm just not sure we will


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 216
You want to see what Mike Nolan can do as the new DC? Give him someone like Adalius Thomas. This is a no-brainer to me.

_________________
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive: http://www.onlygators.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
Flipper wrote:
I bet we offer a 1 year deal loaded with incentives. Cause WHEN the salary cap returns next year they aren't gonna want this then 33 year old around making any serious money.

If we also pay Thomas more than what we offered JT, it will come off as bad business and be a PR nightmare. I'm not so sure about us adding Thomas. I hope we do, I'm just not sure we will


Who cares about JT anymore?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 6186
onlygators wrote:
You want to see what Mike Nolan can do as the new DC? Give him someone like Adalius Thomas. This is a no-brainer to me.


Same with me.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 216
Rock Sexton wrote:
Who cares about JT anymore?

Who is "JT?"

_________________
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive: http://www.onlygators.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5501
Location: Columbia, SC
Well, it is quite obvious that he is not going to get big money and everyone wants him at a bargin price, the Jets included.

I think Miami get's him because of the chance to come in and help a group of developing young OLB, play and contribute and most importantly, a chance to get after New England twice a year.

He may not be the player he was while with the Ravens, but Bellichik did not use him the same way Nolan or Ryan did while at Baltimore. He has the size at 6'2, 270 lbs to be a factor in the run game, but the wheels to cover and bring pressure off the edge. That is the main reason why New England wanted him, because he was so versatile for a man of his size.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r