View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Dolphins Unlikely to Sign Adalius Thomas 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Tue Apr 27, 2010
www.ffmastermind.com

The Boston Globe reports while Dolphins DC Mike Nolan likes free-agent LB Adalius Thomas as a player, the club's steadfast commitment to its youth movement on the roster will almost certainly prevent Miami from going after Thomas.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:10 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Dolphins Unlikely to Sign Adalius Thomas
It would be rough considering how many LB's we drafted and how many LB's we have on the roster right now. It would be nice to have a veteran leader, but I believe the guys we have on our roster like Charlie Anderson, etc. have waited long enough and it's there time to step into that veteran leadership role and hopefully succeed.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:16 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

He hasn't been good in years. But we are very young at that position. Adding a vet at that position might not be bad

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:57 am
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

Thomas has not put up the numbers he did with the Ravens, but he has been solid for the Patriots. Obviously the falling out with Bellichik spelled the end of his tenure in New England.

Personally, I would not mind either way. He knows Nolan's defense and could help the young kids, but Miami is dedicated to the youth movement, which is fine by me also.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:14 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The main reason for the "falling out" is because he showed up a few minutes late for a meeting when the area was hit with about 4 ft of snow overnight and the roads were slow.

Belichick never forgave him (and a couple others) for that. I know he didn't produce on the field but that is kinda stupid on Belichick's end

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 am

Flipper wrote:
The main reason for the "falling out" is because he showed up a few minutes late for a meeting when the area was hit with about 4 ft of snow overnight and the roads were slow.

Belichick never forgave him (and a couple others) for that. I know he didn't produce on the field but that is kinda stupid on Belichick's end

Yeah, I remember what started the beginning of the end in regards to the winter storm they had. I think Adalius was 8 minutes late arrving in what was described as a very bad storm. I think he even called ahead to let the team know he was going to be late.

From there, things continued to deteriate.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:52 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

According to ESPN, the Phins are open to brining Thomas in if he were to play for a reasonable contract. He seems to be intrigued due to the fact that we play the Pats twice a year. I guess he really wants to get back at them. I would not mind having him around and watching him take out the Pats one at a time.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:34 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

MIAcubano13 wrote:
According to ESPN, the Phins are open to brining Thomas in if he were to play for a reasonable contract. He seems to be intrigued due to the fact that we play the Pats twice a year. I guess he really wants to get back at them. I would not mind having him around and watching him take out the Pats one at a time.

That is a MIAMI HERALD story, ESPN just linked to it.

Armando reported that

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Flipper wrote:
MIAcubano13 wrote:

That is a MIAMI HERALD story, ESPN just linked to it.

Armando reported that

Again, common sense. If the contract is reasonable he's like our little own Jason Taylor. We get a guy with an axe to grind ...... not to mention who's versatility and familiarity with the defense we can use to a great degree. Keep in mind NONE of the linebackers currently on the roster have any experience in it.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MIAcubano13 wrote:

So he's a veteran with a chip on his shoulder and a hatred for Belichick. Sounds good to me. So long as he doesn't steal a roster spot away from any of our hight draft picks I'm fine with it.
:yay:

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I bet we offer a 1 year deal loaded with incentives. Cause WHEN the salary cap returns next year they aren't gonna want this then 33 year old around making any serious money.

If we also pay Thomas more than what we offered JT, it will come off as bad business and be a PR nightmare. I'm not so sure about us adding Thomas. I hope we do, I'm just not sure we will

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:26 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

You want to see what Mike Nolan can do as the new DC? Give him someone like Adalius Thomas. This is a no-brainer to me.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Flipper wrote:
I bet we offer a 1 year deal loaded with incentives. Cause WHEN the salary cap returns next year they aren't gonna want this then 33 year old around making any serious money.

If we also pay Thomas more than what we offered JT, it will come off as bad business and be a PR nightmare. I'm not so sure about us adding Thomas. I hope we do, I'm just not sure we will

Who cares about JT anymore?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

onlygators wrote:
You want to see what Mike Nolan can do as the new DC? Give him someone like Adalius Thomas. This is a no-brainer to me.

Same with me.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:16 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
Who cares about JT anymore?

Who is "JT?"

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:19 pm

Well, it is quite obvious that he is not going to get big money and everyone wants him at a bargin price, the Jets included.

I think Miami get's him because of the chance to come in and help a group of developing young OLB, play and contribute and most importantly, a chance to get after New England twice a year.

He may not be the player he was while with the Ravens, but Bellichik did not use him the same way Nolan or Ryan did while at Baltimore. He has the size at 6'2, 270 lbs to be a factor in the run game, but the wheels to cover and bring pressure off the edge. That is the main reason why New England wanted him, because he was so versatile for a man of his size.

Sat May 01, 2010 8:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]