View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
 April 27: 30 for 30 - Run Ricky Run 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post April 27: 30 for 30 - Run Ricky Run
Don't forget to set your DVR's, this looks to be the best of the 30 for 30 series (yes, even better than The U). Tune in tonight at 8:00 pm est.

Here's some new clips if you missed them yesterday:

http://30for30.espn.com/film/run-ricky-run.html

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:45 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Tonight: 30 for 30 - Run Ricky Run
is it on regular ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPN "The Ocho"???????

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:24 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

It's gonna be on all of them at some point. They are replaying it about a million times this week

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:10 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I thought this was fantastic, fills in some holes about ricky for me, my mom was baffled by how intelligent he is. Great story

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:35 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Iceberg85 wrote:
I thought this was fantastic, fills in some holes about ricky for me, my mom was baffled by how intelligent he is. Great story

Yeah man. Same for me. I don't think anyone is really going to be able to genually fully understand the guy, but he's a great human being. He's going to school, and plans on going to medical school within the next year...while playing football. Amazing.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This felt like closure for years of spoiled hopes and dreams. Good flick.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:54 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Dude was molested as a child. Explains almost everything to me!

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:56 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Ski_Money wrote:
This felt like closure for years of spoiled hopes and dreams. Good flick.

Same here. You went thru the highs with Ricky in Miami, the lows and now to see what he has made himself just makes you happy for him.

I definitely think Ricky left a possible Hall of Fame career behind him, but he is a better man for what he has gone thru and what he is now. That is the important thing.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

As much as I hate to say this, if he had gone to another team from N.O. he may have been that HoF RB.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:16 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I enjoyed the show overall. I thought they focused a little too much on his initial retirement from football, and as a Dolphin fan who has heard about that stuff repeatedly, I would have liked to hear more about his experience in Canada, and the events that led him to find a love for football again. I also thought the show took the easy way and avoided the issue of Ricky needing money to support his children, something that would have also shed light on his return to the game. Anyway, as a a huge Ricky Williams fan I enjoyed the piece, especially the way it called out the media for their irrational take on his retirement.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I wish we could watch it online. I don't have all those extra ESPN channels.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:20 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

fonzy wrote:
I enjoyed the show overall. I thought they focused a little too much on his initial retirement from football, and as a Dolphin fan who has heard about that stuff repeatedly, I would have liked to hear more about his experience in Canada, and the events that led him to find a love for football again. I also thought the show took the easy way and avoided the issue of Ricky needing money to support his children, something that would have also shed light on his return to the game. Anyway, as a a huge Ricky Williams fan I enjoyed the piece, especially the way it called out the media for their irrational take on his retirement.

I think it was focused so much on that initial retirement because thats when he started having his life recorded...

That was some crazy stuff about his dad.. I never knew about that..

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:46 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

It takes a lot of courage to put that kind of personal information out there for the world, and Ricky was the last person I would expect that from. The guy has made huge strides on improving himself both mentally and physically.

My favorite part was when he realized and told Sean that if he could just get his head straight he had the ability to be the best football player in the league. It seems as though he has his head on straight finally, I can't wait to see him and RB dominate this year.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:52 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

joeschmoe wrote:
It takes a lot of courage to put that kind of personal information out there for the world, and Ricky was the last person I would expect that from. The guy has made huge strides on improving himself both mentally and physically.

I wouldn't call it courage. Ricky has lost a ton of money, has kids all across the country. I think he needed the money and thats why now all these years later he let this be released. To make a few pennies

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:22 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Flipper wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

I wouldn't call it courage. Ricky has lost a ton of money, has kids all across the country. I think he needed the money and thats why now all these years later he let this be released. To make a few pennies

I don't think so, he started recording this before he was told he would have to pay the money back. Ricky is obviously not the guy to do things for money. Even so, is he really making money off this? Did UM get paid for their movie? I remember UM wanting nothing to do with their 30 for 30.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:28 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Proof that Ricky doesn't do it for the money:

Quote:
Williams hopes to raise between $10,000 and $20,000 from the premiere, with proceeds going to benefit the Ricky Williams Foundation.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ricky-williams-featured-in-espn-30-for-30-doc-2010-4#ixzz0mOsCWEqf

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:41 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

joeschmoe wrote:
Proof that Ricky doesn't do it for the money:

Quote:
Williams hopes to raise between $10,000 and $20,000 from the premiere, with proceeds going to benefit the Ricky Williams Foundation.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/ricky-williams-featured-in-espn-30-for-30-doc-2010-4#ixzz0mOsCWEqf

Very cool.. :yay: :yay:

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:54 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

joeschmoe wrote:
Flipper wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

I don't think so, he started recording this before he was told he would have to pay the money back. Ricky is obviously not