View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:48 am



Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Cameron Wake 
Author Message
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Cameron Wake
I think Cam will be the next big thing. He got 1 year under his belt and I am sure he learned a lot. I will not be surprised if Wake gets 15 sacks this upcoming season. If Sean Smith and Vontae Davis step it up, our defense is going to be dangerous.


Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 312
Location: PA
Post Re: Cameron Wake
i hope that we address the fs issue here sooner or later.


Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Cameron Wake
Cameron Wake is well on his way to having a break out season. I think he will be used very similar to the way Mike Nolan used Elvis Dumerville last year in Denver. Will he get 15 sacks, we'll just have to wait and see. It's really tough to say how he'll hold up when asked to take on a full time role. Wake definitely has skills coming off the edge as a DE, but I'm not sure he's 100% there as an OLB.


Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21592
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Cameron Wake
wkloiber13 wrote:
Cameron Wake is well on his way to having a break out season.


In order to be well on your way to having a breakout season, you have to get started first.

Example: Wake has 3 sacks in his first three games. He is on his way to a breakout season.

Right now, Wake has 0 sacks. For all we know, he may lose the competition in camp for one of the starting OLB positions...

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:01 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 148
Post Re: Cameron Wake
One south florida newspaper the other day reported that Wake might not be starting week 1. They don't feel he is an everydown linebacker still. Has a lot of work to do


Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:20 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: Cameron Wake
Flipper wrote:
One south florida newspaper the other day reported that Wake might not be starting week 1. They don't feel he is an everydown linebacker still. Has a lot of work to do

Even so coming off the bench and getting sacks is not a bad thing. If he's not the starter they want him to be at lest he can come in a get in the back field, hell 10 sacks from the bench at half bad.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:04 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:07 pm
Posts: 59
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Post Re: Cameron Wake
I agree, he may not have the ideal coverage skills needed to be a 3 down linebacker, but the man is a nuisance for other times off the edge, no reason to let it go to waste

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Cameron Wake
BlameItonTheHenne wrote:
I agree, he may not have the ideal coverage skills needed to be a 3 down linebacker, but the man is a nuisance for other times off the edge, no reason to let it go to waste

Geridropa, is that you?


Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:01 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:07 pm
Posts: 59
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Post Re: Cameron Wake
other TEAMS, and no I used to be "Dolfan810" on the old site

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 51
Location: Chillicothe Oh.
Post Re: Cameron Wake
maybe they will let WAKE run 2 downs then bring in EDDES :yay:


Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
Post Re: Cameron Wake
I also am a believer that Wake is gonna beast it this year. I think hey got the jist of the NFL speed last year. He will develop his LB skills this off season and fine tune them, because he now knows that he can get to the QB in the nFL like he did in the CFL. As far as our CB's, I think Vontae will have a breakout year, but I think it's gonna take Sean another season, to really come online. He just looked too confused all last year.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:28 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 148
Post Re: Cameron Wake
MIAcubano13 wrote:
I also am a believer that Wake is gonna beast it this year. I think hey got the jist of the NFL speed last year. He will develop his LB skills this off season and fine tune them, because he now knows that he can get to the QB in the nFL like he did in the CFL. As far as our CB's, I think Vontae will have a breakout year, but I think it's gonna take Sean another season, to really come online. He just looked too confused all last year.


I haven't looked at the numbers in months but I believe Vonte was burned far more times than Smith was last year. Smith wasn't spectacular but solid. Vonte had a moment here or there but was toasted a lot more often

I have a feeling Will Allen takes his job back and Vonte moves to nickle back. I mean training camp will sort that out, but if Will is healthy I think he beats out Vonte


Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:43 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 216
Post Re: Cameron Wake
I actually believe Vontae will start next to Allen...

_________________
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive: http://www.onlygators.com


Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 am
Posts: 11
Post Re: Cameron Wake
I tend to concur with the belief that Vontae will start and Allen will move back in the starting line-up. Despite being bigger, and one would hope stronger, Smith was not as solid on run support during the season IMHO and still inferior to Allen (providing Allen is healthy). So what role does a good cover corner who struggles with run support play? Ding! That's right, nickel corner.

I would love to see Smith come out this year and show great improvement in run support and tackling because having his size out there to battle with Moss, Jacobs, etc. would be great. It would be fantastic if he came out this season ready to start ... either way, within the next couple of years, the Dolphins could have a solid group of CBs ... I like the stuff I have seen from Carroll as well. Could we have gotten a steal in the 5th simply because he had a broken arm and missed most of the season? I sure hope so.


Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Cameron Wake
diamonddodger wrote:
I tend to concur with the belief that Vontae will start and Allen will move back in the starting line-up. Despite being bigger, and one would hope stronger, Smith was not as solid on run support during the season IMHO and still inferior to Allen (providing Allen is healthy). So what role does a good cover corner who struggles with run support play? Ding! That's right, nickel corner.

I would love to see Smith come out this year and show great improvement in run support and tackling because having his size out there to battle with Moss, Jacobs, etc. would be great. It would be fantastic if he came out this season ready to start ... either way, within the next couple of years, the Dolphins could have a solid group of CBs ... I like the stuff I have seen from Carroll as well. Could we have gotten a steal in the 5th simply because he had a broken arm and missed most of the season? I sure hope so.


Let me guess...

You'd rather have Smith play against Moss et al because he is taller despite the fact that it was Davis who had 2 picks while covering Moss last season?

IMO, Davis clearly surged past Smith by the end of last season and will only continue to get much better. He may have been burnt more last season, but he takes chances and makes plays. His mistakes will be fewer and his big plays will be more. Smith did nothing from a playmaking point if view, and could not tackle at all.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Sun May 02, 2010 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Cameron Wake
Quote:
IMO, Davis clearly surged past Smith by the end of last season and will only continue to get much better. He may have been burnt more last season, but he takes chances and makes plays. His mistakes will be fewer and his big plays will be more. Smith did nothing from a playmaking point if view, and could not tackle at all.


I completely agree. Tho I really hope Sean Smith beats out Will Allen for the starting position this season.


Sun May 02, 2010 6:58 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.