View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Cameron Wake 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Cameron Wake
I think Cam will be the next big thing. He got 1 year under his belt and I am sure he learned a lot. I will not be surprised if Wake gets 15 sacks this upcoming season. If Sean Smith and Vontae Davis step it up, our defense is going to be dangerous.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:12 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Cameron Wake
i hope that we address the fs issue here sooner or later.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Cameron Wake is well on his way to having a break out season. I think he will be used very similar to the way Mike Nolan used Elvis Dumerville last year in Denver. Will he get 15 sacks, we'll just have to wait and see. It's really tough to say how he'll hold up when asked to take on a full time role. Wake definitely has skills coming off the edge as a DE, but I'm not sure he's 100% there as an OLB.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:48 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

wkloiber13 wrote:
Cameron Wake is well on his way to having a break out season.

In order to be well on your way to having a breakout season, you have to get started first.

Example: Wake has 3 sacks in his first three games. He is on his way to a breakout season.

Right now, Wake has 0 sacks. For all we know, he may lose the competition in camp for one of the starting OLB positions...

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:01 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

One south florida newspaper the other day reported that Wake might not be starting week 1. They don't feel he is an everydown linebacker still. Has a lot of work to do

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:20 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Flipper wrote:
One south florida newspaper the other day reported that Wake might not be starting week 1. They don't feel he is an everydown linebacker still. Has a lot of work to do

Even so coming off the bench and getting sacks is not a bad thing. If he's not the starter they want him to be at lest he can come in a get in the back field, hell 10 sacks from the bench at half bad.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree, he may not have the ideal coverage skills needed to be a 3 down linebacker, but the man is a nuisance for other times off the edge, no reason to let it go to waste

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

BlameItonTheHenne wrote:
I agree, he may not have the ideal coverage skills needed to be a 3 down linebacker, but the man is a nuisance for other times off the edge, no reason to let it go to waste

Geridropa, is that you?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

other TEAMS, and no I used to be "Dolfan810" on the old site

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

maybe they will let WAKE run 2 downs then bring in EDDES :yay:

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I also am a believer that Wake is gonna beast it this year. I think hey got the jist of the NFL speed last year. He will develop his LB skills this off season and fine tune them, because he now knows that he can get to the QB in the nFL like he did in the CFL. As far as our CB's, I think Vontae will have a breakout year, but I think it's gonna take Sean another season, to really come online. He just looked too confused all last year.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:28 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

MIAcubano13 wrote:
I also am a believer that Wake is gonna beast it this year. I think hey got the jist of the NFL speed last year. He will develop his LB skills this off season and fine tune them, because he now knows that he can get to the QB in the nFL like he did in the CFL. As far as our CB's, I think Vontae will have a breakout year, but I think it's gonna take Sean another season, to really come online. He just looked too confused all last year.

I haven't looked at the numbers in months but I believe Vonte was burned far more times than Smith was last year. Smith wasn't spectacular but solid. Vonte had a moment here or there but was toasted a lot more often

I have a feeling Will Allen takes his job back and Vonte moves to nickle back. I mean training camp will sort that out, but if Will is healthy I think he beats out Vonte

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:43 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I actually believe Vontae will start next to Allen...

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:15 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

I tend to concur with the belief that Vontae will start and Allen will move back in the starting line-up. Despite being bigger, and one would hope stronger, Smith was not as solid on run support during the season IMHO and still inferior to Allen (providing Allen is healthy). So what role does a good cover corner who struggles with run support play? Ding! That's right, nickel corner.

I would love to see Smith come out this year and show great improvement in run support and tackling because having his size out there to battle with Moss, Jacobs, etc. would be great. It would be fantastic if he came out this season ready to start ... either way, within the next couple of years, the Dolphins could have a solid group of CBs ... I like the stuff I have seen from Carroll as well. Could we have gotten a steal in the 5th simply because he had a broken arm and missed most of the season? I sure hope so.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

diamonddodger wrote:
I tend to concur with the belief that Vontae will start and Allen will move back in the starting line-up. Despite being bigger, and one would hope stronger, Smith was not as solid on run support during the season IMHO and still inferior to Allen (providing Allen is healthy). So what role does a good cover corner who struggles with run support play? Ding! That's right, nickel corner.

I would love to see Smith come out this year and show great improvement in run support and tackling because having his size out there to battle with Moss, Jacobs, etc. would be great. It would be fantastic if he came out this season ready to start ... either way, within the next couple of years, the Dolphins could have a solid group of CBs ... I like the stuff I have seen from Carroll as well. Could we have gotten a steal in the 5th simply because he had a broken arm and missed most of the season? I sure hope so.

Let me guess...

You'd rather have Smith play against Moss et al because he is taller despite the fact that it was Davis who had 2 picks while covering Moss last season?

IMO, Davis clearly surged past Smith by the end of last season and will only continue to get much better. He may have been burnt more last season, but he takes chances and makes plays. His mistakes will be fewer and his big plays will be more. Smith did nothing from a playmaking point if view, and could not tackle at all.

Sun May 02, 2010 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Quote:
IMO, Davis clearly surged past Smith by the end of last season and will only continue to get much better. He may have been burnt more last season, but he takes chances and makes plays. His mistakes will be fewer and his big plays will be more. Smith did nothing from a playmaking point if view, and could not tackle at all.

I completely agree. Tho I really hope Sean Smith beats out Will Allen for the starting position this season.

Sun May 02, 2010 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]