View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Patriots TE drops in the draft due to failed drug tests 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Patriots TE drops in the draft due to failed drug tests
Multiple failed drug tests? Welcome to the Patriots and out of the NFL in couple years. Rumor has it that he failed it at the combine ... but I would think that if that happened then he wouldn't have been drafted at all.

David Hyde wrote:
1. Another issue for Florida. Tight end Aaron Hernandez dropped in the draft due to several failed drug tests for marijuana, according to a Boston Globe story.
"He had multiple positive tests, so he either had issues or he’s dumb,'' a source told The Globe. "One or two tests? Fine. But four, five, six? Come on, now you’ve got an addiction. He’s not a bad kid. He just has an issue.’’

Some more work needs to be done in reporting this. The story says he didn't test positive at the NFL Combine and tested positive only once at Florida. So where did he flunk, "four, five, six" times?

Hernandez was expected to be drafted as high as the first round. New England took him in the fourth round.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Patriots TE drops in the draft due to failed drug tests
Percy Harvin and Mario Manningham each failed tests and it hasn't stopped them. Not really a big deal anymore

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:20 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

It's a shame they can't stay away from a stupid recreational drug when millions of dollars are on the line.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:52 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Flipper wrote:
Percy Harvin and Mario Manningham each failed tests and it hasn't stopped them. Not really a big deal anymore

Really? Ask Ricky Williams if it not a big deal or Santonio Holmes.

Thu May 06, 2010 10:19 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

It seems that smoking pot is not look at being as bad as it once was. Like in the 80's & 90's if you smoked then you were kicked of teams and it would be real hard for you to get drafted. Plus they might not have tested as often as they do now. Now teams are looking at pot like oh well thats not that bad as long as it didn't effect his play on the field. We all know the pats don't care about him smoking off the field,I mean hell R.Moss came out and said he does it in the off season and they still picked him up. And you mean to tell me that most of the players in the 60's & 70's didn't get high,and alot of those guys are in the hall of fame.

Thu May 06, 2010 10:30 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The NFL still frowns on it. Ricky got suspended for a year because he tested positive for Mary Jane and Holmes will sit now for 4 games. If he test positive again, he will miss an entire season.

Fri May 07, 2010 6:06 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Regardless of my personal attitude towards marijuana, you subscribe to a set of rules when you play in the NFL, don't break them. If i was lining up for 10 million bucks because I could get drafted in the first round, no plant in the world could stop me

Fri May 07, 2010 9:32 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

enJeppesen wrote:
Regardless of my personal attitude towards marijuana, you subscribe to a set of rules when you play in the NFL, don't break them. If i was lining up for 10 million bucks because I could get drafted in the first round, no plant in the world could stop me

Hey isn't marijuana legal in Denmark?

Sat May 08, 2010 7:34 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
enJeppesen wrote:

Nope, but it is fairly loosely regulated(fines are about 200 bucks up to an uninclosed amount of posession, they deem whether or not it is for distribution) and it doesnt carry any particular social stigma...We also have the 'world famous' Christania which is known for its open sale of marijuana...it gets raided frequently by the cops, though : )

Wed May 12, 2010 12:22 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

enJeppesen wrote:
phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
enJeppesen wrote:

Nope, but it is fairly loosely regulated(fines are about 200 bucks up to an uninclosed amount of posession, they deem whether or not it is for distribution) and it doesnt carry any particular social stigma...We also have the 'world famous' Christania which is known for its open sale of marijuana...it gets raided frequently by the cops, though : )

So they don't really regulate it, but they will bust the same house over & over again......seems like they would make more money if they made it legal and just made ppl pay taxes on it....JMO...why keep busting the same house wasting taxes money, putting them in jail only to let them back out and go back an bust them all over.

Wed May 12, 2010 2:46 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Right now, its a political thing. The current government ran election on clearing 'Pusherstreet' as its called, in part anyway(even though Marijuana is the ONLY drug allowed there), and just like in the US it would bring in a lot of tax revenue to 'legalize' it : )

Portugal decriminalized marijuana and saw their consumption on a per capita basis drop afterwards. Meh, lets see, its not like the current regulation has us jumping through prohibition-like hoops : )

Thu May 13, 2010 6:06 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

enJeppesen wrote:
Right now, its a political thing. The current government ran election on clearing 'Pusherstreet' as its called, in part anyway(even though Marijuana is the ONLY drug allowed there), and just like in the US it would bring in a lot of tax revenue to 'legalize' it : )

Portugal decriminalized marijuana and saw their consumption on a per capita basis drop afterwards. Meh, lets see, its not like the current regulation has us jumping through prohibition-like hoops : )

Ok....it just seemed like a waste of time to bust some1, then they get out and you go bust them all over again. I've always thought that if it was legal the gov would make as much money on the sale of it as say, liquor,smokes, and in some states prostitution. I think there are a lot of ppl out there who smoke it but just wont come out and say they do, but if it was legal they would deff make money off of it. If it did become legal it would be like when the prohibition law was dropped, there were a lot "closet drinkers" then it was legal, it now it's not wrong to say you drink. I think it will take a long time before it really became "main stream". Alcohol,tobaco, were once seen as a taboo they both went legal and "main stream" know they are worth billions.....JMO

Thu May 13, 2010 12:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]