View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Homophobic Phins Pass on taking player in draft 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Homophobic Phins Pass on taking player in draft
Quote:
ST. LOUIS (CBS St. Louis/AP) — Michael Sam believes he should’ve been taken sooner in the draft.

The Rams selected the former University of Missouri defensive standout with the 249th pick in the seventh round, which was the seventh-to-the-last pick in the 2014 Draft. The openly gay football player, who was SEC Defensive Player of the Year, thought a team should have chosen him during the first three rounds.

“From last season alone, I should’ve been in the first three rounds. SEC Defensive Player of the Year, All-American,” Sam said during a conference call, adding that other teams chickened out on selecting him. ...

And you know what I feel like I’m a (Jadeveon) Clowney, a first draft pick. ...

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/05/12/ ... ee-rounds/

Mon May 12, 2014 12:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Homophobic Phins Pass on taking player in draft
I'm lost ..... where does the article talk about the Dolphins?

Mon May 12, 2014 12:38 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Seriously how many threads will there be on a day 3 guy who was getting drafted late no matter what he said/did. Yes he's gay but nobody should be stupid enough to think he's the first ever gay player get over it. It makes me sick that this is such a big deal, everybody has seen multiple gay people in their life so why is this such news now?So darn annoying

Mon May 12, 2014 12:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'm sure every guy in round 7 thought he should have gone top 60.

Mon May 12, 2014 1:05 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

The guy ran a 4.91 40 and did 17 reps.

Teams are looking for more.

Mon May 12, 2014 1:16 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Probably just the moustache trying to show how much better his organization is than the Fins. Sure hope he still has those silver pimp sunglasses. Classy.

Mon May 12, 2014 1:19 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

This has nothing to do with the Fins.

Mon May 12, 2014 1:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:

He said that the other teams (which would include the Phins) passed on him because they were chicken.

On this site there is a thread with the title "Fins player homopobic tweet after Michael Sam Selection"

The title was given based on tweets
Quote:
Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 3m

#Dolphins safety Don Jones has deleted his tweets that said "OMG" and "horrible" after the Michael Sam kiss.

Quote:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 1m

RT @AdamHBeasley: It's been trying weekend for @MiamiDolphins players & Twitter<How team hasn't educted players on this is typical Dolphins

and a moral value assigned.

So here is an article that in it a player accused all of the other teams(of which the Phins are one) for not picking him early in the draft because they were chicken. When you are chicken you are scared of something. Which is the definition of an phobia. Here in my opinion is a more accurate accusation of homophobia, against the Phins and all of the other teams except the Rams, than the one assigned to the Phins player who tweeted omg and horrible.

If it is newsworthy that a Phin player has been accused of homophobia then I thought it might be newsworthy that the Phins and the rest of the nfl except the rams have also been accused of homophobia.

Mon May 12, 2014 2:45 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The guy got drafted........he needs to shut up now and prove he was worth the pick.

Mon May 12, 2014 5:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

So here is an article that in it a player accused all of the other teams(of which the Phins are one) for not picking him early in the draft because they were chicken. [/quote] The agenda is being laid out. No matter how this plays out, it will not end well for the NFL. If he gets cut, then its because he is gay. If he plays 10 yrs in the NFL & is put in the HOF for his play. Then he will be telling us how he was treated different. Its a lose/lose for the NFL outside the money for his jersey.

Mon May 12, 2014 5:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
Its a lose/lose for the NFL outside the money for his jersey.

Great point........I'm sure in certain circles his jersey will be quite popular.

Mon May 12, 2014 5:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Nobody wants to risk a high draft pick on a player that could potentially stirr up problems and cause a major distraction for their team. Sam is the ultimate distraction for a football team. The Rams only took him because it's a low risk high reward type of deal with him at that point in the draft. If the media attention or his actions ever interfere, they can simply cut him.

Tue May 13, 2014 1:27 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Rock Sexton wrote:

He said that the other teams (which would include the Phins) passed on him because they were chicken.

On this site there is a thread with the title "Fins player homopobic tweet after Michael Sam Selection"

The title was given based on tweets

Quote:

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 3m

#Dolphins safety Don Jones has deleted his tweets that said "OMG" and "horrible" after the Michael Sam kiss.

Quote:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 1m

RT @AdamHBeasley: It's been trying weekend for @MiamiDolphins players & Twitter<How team hasn't educted players on this is typical Dolphins

and a moral value assigned.

So here is an article that in it a player accused all of the other teams(of which the Phins are one) for not picking him early in the draft because they were chicken. When you are chicken you are scared of something. Which is the definition of an phobia. Here in my opinion is a more accurate accusation of homophobia, against the Phins and all of the other teams except the Rams, than the one assigned to the Phins player who tweeted omg and horrible.

If it is newsworthy that a Phin player has been accused of homophobia then I thought it might be newsworthy that the Phins and the rest of the nfl except the rams have also been accused of homophobia.

The title is very misleading. Sam just isn't that good of a football player, I know it's hard to believe.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:20 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

The title is very misleading. Sam just isn't that good of a football player, I know it's hard to believe.

I think that this title is also misleading: "Fins player homopobic tweet after Michael Sam Selection".

It accepts a premise that I think is wrong and perpetuates a falsehood imo.

Tue May 13, 2014 11:18 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

100% agreed. Horrible reporting..when does slander come in?

Tue May 13, 2014 12:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]