View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 There's no doubt - Miami is better now 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post There's no doubt - Miami is better now
Quote:

By ARMANDO SALGUERO
asalguero@MiamiHerald.com
How are the Dolphins different today than a month ago?

They're better, of course.

We'll have no proof of that until September at the earliest, and we won't know how that improvement compares to the 31 other NFL teams claiming significant improvement today.

But with the Dolphins, the upgrade is obvious enough to announce. And general manager Jeff Ireland did just that late Saturday.

``I feel pretty good about it,'' Ireland said after the NFL Draft had mercifully ended after a three-day marathon. ``At this point, we can go play and be competitive and put a pretty good football team on the field. We're a lot better team today than we were two months ago.''

If the plan the Dolphins followed is correct, it's hard to argue against Ireland's point.

These past few days alone, Miami added a starting defensive end in Jared Odrick, added a starting nose tackle in Randy Starks and added a starting left guard in John Jerry.

One has to believe they are right -- so far this front office has earned that kind of draft respect.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/24/1 ... z0m5BToCDT

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: There's no doubt - Miami is better now
We were a lot better the day we made the trade for Brandon Marshall. I think Koa Misi was a fine pick, but missing out on Kindle might be something we regret. His injury made that pick risky though, so the team didn't take a risk. I am not so sure about the rest of the draft..........it all depends on how the new defensive scheme works. I don't think we solved our problems at NT at all, but I think we are planning to scheme around that issue....Nolan has a fine record, so we can hope the magic hasn't worn off. Penciling John Jerry in as a starter already is just stupid.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:59 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
We were a lot better the day we made the trade for Brandon Marshall. I think Koa Misi was a fine pick, but missing out on Kindle might be something we regret. His injury made that pick risky though, so the team didn't take a risk. I am not so sure about the rest of the draft..........it all depends on how the new defensive scheme works. I don't think we solved our problems at NT at all, but I think we are planning to scheme around that issue....Nolan has a fine record, so we can hope the magic hasn't worn off. Penciling John Jerry in as a starter already is just stupid.

I basically agree with you. I like both the Odrick and Misi picks, as well the later depth with acquired at OLB. I am not sure though that anyone is penciling in Jerry as a starter at this point. He will be given a shot, but we were already deep at OG and I think he is going to have a tough time beating out the incumbents.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:03 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I like this draft.. Looking forward to see who comes in this week from the undrafted list.

I know not every pick is a sure thing, and that's the reason I see this draft as a good one. We went deep at OLB, we are trying to replace 2 vet pro bowlers in JT & JP, regardless of their age and level of play last year, loosing them is a hit...

I like the SS we got, and I love where we got him.

I am really hopeful for Edds too, he looks like a great cover OLB that could transition to ILB at times...

Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]