View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 draft 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post draft
we came in the draft kinda level with the jets and patriots,they've both improved!NE has been active ,now thru the draft they're getting proven players to step right it to help get them thru the playoffs!our front office has drop the ball more than ginn did all season!Our draft im seeing maybe a C

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: draft
I mean no offense, but I just am so tired of so many people who are now declaring our draft an abject failure, especially those that claim that our FO has blown all of our drafts. :hithead:

Drafted: Long, Henne, Hartline, Langford, Davis, Smith, Carpenter... those are just the starters, not including Thomas, Clemons, Merling, and others who provide quality depth.

Free agents / trades: Marshall, Dansby, Starks, Ferguson, Pennington, Fasano, Grove, Bess, etc.

Do you guys remember what a mess our roster was before they got here? 1 - 15?

Quit crying that the sky is falling and let's see how this plays out!

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:48 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

k-dash wrote:
I mean no offense, but I just am so tired of so many people who are now declaring our draft an abject failure, especially those that claim that our FO has blown all of our drafts. :hithead:

Drafted: Long, Henne, Hartline, Langford, Davis, Smith, Carpenter... those are just the starters, not including Thomas, Clemons, Merling, and others who provide quality depth.

Free agents / trades: Marshall, Dansby, Starks, Ferguson, Pennington, Fasano, Grove, Bess, etc.

Do you guys remember what a mess our roster was before they got here? 1 - 15?

Quit crying that the sky is falling and let's see how this plays out!

i agree. it may be a few years before we know how the pats and jets did.
lets wait and see how things look in a few months.
Mike Nolan is going to bring the best out in the defense.

its funny, here in cleveland, people are upset with their draft as well.
not everyone gets their perfect player.
so, lets start the season already :stiffarm:

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:01 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I'm tired of people grading a draft. Any draft. Grade a draft from 3 years ago.
How can you give a draft a C when it's not even done yet?

I am supportive of the picks. I mean, this is their job to know these players. How can I judge their picks?

I think Miami had an advantage over 30 teams when they coached the Senior Bowl. They got to know them on a level that a scout, combine, second hand source could never know.

What we go through every year is "the novice fan" knows the first round but since they don't see the sexy pick or have a limited knowledge; they bash the team. It really takes away from a great few days.

I mean everybody wants to praise a team that gets value, doesn't reach, or accumulates more picks. But I want quality and would rather have three excellent players then 8 duds.

With the Blogs, NFL network, Twitter; we are all "experts".
My point is what do we know?
Stop bashing and don't forget to think of Marshall when you grade the draft.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:04 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

k-dash wrote:

Carpenter was undrafted

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MTFan wrote:
k-dash wrote:

Carpenter was undrafted

This does not impact my point at all. He was still selected by our FO, right?

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:31 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

fan house view of rounds 2-3

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/24/2010 ... d-3/#cntnt

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:38 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

k-dash wrote:
MTFan wrote:
k-dash wrote:

Carpenter was undrafted

This does not impact my point at all. He was still selected by our FO, right?

i was not disagreeing with you, in fact, i agree with you, atleast I'm telling myself to agree with you

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:39 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I dont know what truedolphinfan84 is talking about? I think we have had the best draft out of our division. We as i see it right now our D is gonna be one fast mean and aggresive D so far. We have guys that are going to be fresh and still get after the QB Pansy drafted 2 te couple of tackles a punter for god shakes and your freaken out wow!!!!! I like our draft every singal pick i see a guy that is gonna improve our D!!!!! Great job Bill in Bill We Trust!!!!!

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:42 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I'am just disapointed we haven't found our safetie of the future and a new TE (I want cumberland in the 7eme round but I haven't illusion on that pick).

JMO

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:45 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Did you miss the Reshad Jones pick?

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
i was not disagreeing with you, in fact, i agree with you, atleast I'm telling myself to agree with you

Lol. Always a wise thing to do! :grin:

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

If you're so impressed with the Jets and Pats then go be a fan of one of those teams...

I could honestly do without all the peeps here kissing their tails.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:02 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

IamPZ wrote:
If you're so impressed with the Jets and Pats then go be a fan of one of those teams...

2nd that

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:10 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

IamPZ wrote:

first of all my point of view of the draft and how they handled it!by the way i've probably been a fan longer than you!

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Great Draft. We needed Defense and by God we got Defense. Once, we get a little balance on both sides of the ball which I think will start coming together this year, then the sexy picks will begin. We are getting anxious but we are still rebuilding. This FO came and flip this team completely around in 2 seasons so far. Let this draft add to their magic and perhaps next year we will take a risk on a sexy pick and everyone will be happy.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:11 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

The only thing certain about this draft is the uncertainty of whether the pcks will be good ones. It is about 50% detailed research and the 100% is dumb luck. ... Pun intended Iowa. In Parcell's/Ireland we trust. These guys have a proven track record and there's no reason to think they got sloppy here. Last year I was bellyaching about taking two CB's so high in the draft. I think this year I try to keep my pie-hole shut. Okay...so that won't last as long as the submit button.

Odrick - The film on this kid looks exciting. It is hard to watch without getting amped up.
Misi - just for Iowa's sake...there's not a lot to not like.
Jones - Many had him ranked higher.
Brandon Marshall - you have to factor him into the draft....which already makes it a B to start out with. If 1 or 2 of these roookies make an immediate impact by starting.... it moves to an A.

Dislikes:
No NT. How long did Cody sit out there? I realize they're going to try and move Starks inside but that could potentially take Miami's best DE and neutralize him by turning him into an average NT. Solai is already that.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I expected us to go all defense in this draft...and that is pretty much what happened. I am surprised with some of the picks, but it is clear our defensive scheme is being revamped and restructured...so that explains why many of the picks don't fit what we expected. All I can say is our defense better improve dramatically this year after all the attention we focused on it over the last two seasons. We have put off some major needs on offense for most of the last two years. We got our big #1 receiver, but our two top RB's are either aging or often hurt. We also still don't have a TE capable of putting pressure on the defense in the passing game.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]