View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Phinsfansc Miami Mock Draft 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Phinsfansc Miami Mock Draft
Alright guys, we are now a few weeks away from the draft and the usual is ongoing for the NFL as we work our way to the draft. As Alexander O'Neal would say, "It's Lying Season". This team is interested in this player of this team is targeting this player.

I am going to post this on the front page on Saturday, but I wanted to post it here 1st and give you guys something to debate about.

1) C.J Mosely, ILB, Alabama - I know Mak will have a heart attack seeing this, and we ALL know Miami has needs on the offensive line still. That said, the OL personnel is much deeper than the personnel at ILB. I think Mosely can be a difference maker and the Dolphins linebacker play was dismal in 2013. Does no good to have a very good pass rush when teams can gash you with the run game. The Dolphins were 20th against the rush in 2013 and have been in decline the last 2 years.

2) Cody Latimore, WR, Indiana - WR Brandon Gibson & Brian Hartline are coming off of knee injuries and there is a concern about there availability for camp. Miami also needs that big Red Zone threat WR. Latimore fits that mode and more. He has solid speed, is a solid route runner and has very good hands.

3) Jack Mewhort, ORT, Ohio State - The Dolphins address the ORT need with a big, physical OLT that will convert to ORT in Mewhort.

4) Dri Archer, RB/WR/PR, Kent State - The Dolphins and the Bengals have shown a lot of interest in this versatile, explosive little blazer. Rushed for over 1400 yards his junior year and had 99 career catches and 4 return touchdowns. 4.26 40 speed, and more importantly, plays to his timed speed. Tremendous speed and big play ability. Gives Bill Lazor a dangerous weapon to work with. I know the Dolphins have looked at Towson RB Terrance West as well.

5) Trai Turner, OG, LSU - The Dolphins add another big, talented piece to the offensive line with this mauler from LSU.

6) Antone Exum, CB/S, Virginia Tech - Has played CB, but has the size to convert to S, which some think he will eventually end up at. Credit to Mark, aka swerve13 for this pick. Has the ability to play in the slot, as he was a CB at VT.

7) Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State - 5 star recruit coming out of Georgia, he verbally committed to Georgia. Was dismissed from the team for felony weapons charge. That why this big, talented back is at this point in the draft.

I will do another one the week of the draft. Everything is still very fluid and a lot still can change.

Last edited by phinsfansc on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:43 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Phinsfansc Miami Mock Draft
darn now this may be my favorite mock draft

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Tony, I hope Mosely is there for the Dolphins pick! I would love to have him as a starting backer.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:40 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Finhead34 wrote:
Tony, I hope Mosely is there for the Dolphins pick! I would love to have him as a starting backer.

J.P, aka Phins Rock does not post on the site anymore, but we stay in touch a good bit. He think Mosely may not be there, and that could happen. Most mocks I have seen have him being there though.

He did stun me a little bit with thought of Archer possibly going 1st-2nd round. I have seen him in the 3rd-4th round. That said, it only takes one team, but I know the Dolphins do have interest in him.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I love this draft; I even picked Archer in my own VERY early mock a couple of weeks ago. If I were to do one today it would look pretty much like yours. My only concern was the Lattimore pick. I would feel compelled to take a OT in the first 2 rounds, but I get it completely. Nice job.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:01 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

k-dash wrote:
I love this draft; I even picked Archer in my own VERY early mock a couple of weeks ago. If I were to do one today it would look pretty much like yours. My only concern was the Lattimore pick. I would feel compelled to take a OT in the first 2 rounds, but I get it completely. Nice job.

Thanks k. Miami very well could go OL in the 1st or 2nd round. Would not shock me at all, especially if Taylor Lewan or more likely, Zack Martin were there in the 1st round.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:19 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

This draft would fill every need that we have literally

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think the Latimor pick is actually the best of this mock. I love th at guy. Reminds me of Marshall. We,re missing that kind of receiver in this small offense. Alas i dont think hes going to last long in this draft. Todd Mcshay thinks he could now go at the end of round 1, and definitely the top of round 2. Good job Tone as usual. Why isnt JP posting anymore? Is it career related?

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:56 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
I think the Latimor pick is actually the best of this mock. I love th at guy. Reminds me of Marshall. We,re missing that kind of receiver in this small offense. Alas i dont think hes going to last long in this draft. Todd Mcshay thinks he could now go at the end of round 1, and definitely the top of round 2. Good job Tone as usual. Why isnt JP posting anymore? Is it career related?

Yes it is. J.P wants to become an NFL scout, and he thinks it might be a conflict of interest for him to be posting on a Dolphin fan site.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Gotcha, i kind of remember him telling me that.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Nice work Tony. If that happened I think a lot of people would be pleased.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:11 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

jammer wrote:
Nice work Tony. If that happened I think a lot of people would be pleased.

Thanks Dan. Mark, I agree, there has been buzz about Latimore getting into the late 1st possibly. Miami had Martavus Bryant in for a visit, so he could be an option. Not as consistent as Latimore, but more explosive and similar size.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:16 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I'd be pretty happy with that draft as well.

If any of you listen to Sirius / XM after work you've probably heard a few of the Pat Kirwan / Jim Miller mock drafts ...

Last night, Miller traded our pick to the chiefs for #23 overall and a 3rd rounder - and ended up drafting Safety Calvin Pryor with that 23rd pick.

Can't say I'd be opposed to that scenario either.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:29 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

IamPZ wrote:
I'd be pretty happy with that draft as well.

If any of you listen to Sirius / XM after work you've probably heard a few of the Pat Kirwan / Jim Miller mock drafts ...

Last night, Miller traded our pick to the chiefs for #23 overall and a 3rd rounder - and ended up drafting Safety Calvin Pryor with that 23rd pick.

Can't say I'd be opposed to that scenario either.

If Manziel and Bridgewater are still on the board at 19, AND, Miami is willing to take an early 2nd Rd + 3rd Rd + a 6th Rd for the pick (which is like .75 on the dollar) then I think there is a really good chance they can trade down.

A team like Cleveland, who has multiple 3rd rounders I believe, would have 3 first round picks if they made this offer. Or, Miami could ask for the 26th and either a 3rd or 4th Rounder in return. A lot of possibilities.

It all depends on if there is someone Hickey/Philbin love at 19 and if teams think a QB is worth jumping up to get.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:10 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

according to the chart if we trade it will more than likely be for an extra 3rd round pick, which would be great. I really doubt it will be the Chiefs since they already are missing their 2nd round pick. But Cleveland's definitely possible, so is Houston and Jacksonville.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The trade down scenarios are intrigueing. Omar did his "trade-down mock" today and had us picking up two 2nds, two 3rds and a 6th round pick from SF. (They have a ton of picks and an already-stacked roster.)

Hard not to like his picks, too. What a haul that would be, and still apparently SF wins the trade on point value, although with a draft this deep the point system is obviously skewed.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-sevenround-dolphins-mock-draft-the-trade-down-version-20140425,0,7743298.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+%7C+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29

Barring a trade, though, I like your draft the best of all I've seen yet, Phinsfansc.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:51 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Nice write up Tony, I'd be happy with that. I wanted to say thanks as well for putting in the time on doing a mock draft.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:52 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Makchell wrote:
Nice write up Tony, I'd be happy with that. I wanted to say thanks as well for putting in the time on doing a mock draft.

Thanks Anthony......This is something I enjoy doing and wish I could follow my dreams of doing this like J.P is doing. That said, this is a fun time of the year for NFL fans hoping their teams bring in personnel that will help them get to the next level.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:58 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I enjoy doing and wish I could follow my dreams of doing this like J.P is doing

Why not Tony? It's never too late.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

k-dash wrote:
The trade down scenarios are intrigueing. Omar did his "trade-down mock" today and had us picking up two 2nds, two 3rds and a 6th round pick from SF. (They have a ton of picks and an already-stacked roster.)

Hard not to like his picks, too. What a haul that would be, and still apparently SF wins the trade on point value, although with a draft this deep the point system is obviously skewed.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-sevenround-dolphins-mock-draft-the-trade-down-version-20140425,0,7743298.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+%7C+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29

Barring a trade, though, I like your draft the best of all I've seen yet, Phinsfansc.

I saw the Omar trade breakdown too and I cant lie it got me hyped. Now with SF they will make a trade imo because they are loaded with draft picks and need a wr badly with Boldin turning 34 and Crabtree in a contract year. OBJ, Cooks, and Lee will all be there for us while Derek Carr can easily be there for us so if a team wants to trade up it may be a bidding war for our 19th pick. Im really excited now

Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Makchell wrote:
I enjoy doing and wish I could follow my dreams of doing this like J.P is doing

Why not Tony? It's never too late.

Maybe Anthnoy, I am not sure. Put it like this, I would have loved to be as young as JP and being pursuing that dream at his age.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:07 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The trade scenarios are getting pretty intriguing, and I would love to see it happen.

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The Niners are not giving up an entire draft for the 19th pick. It's not that great of a pick. I read that if they move up it will include their 1st rounder and a couple more picks to get into the top 10 to grab an elite WR or pass rusher. Possibly for Mike Evans or Khalil Mack.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:25 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

swerve13 wrote:
The Niners are not giving up an entire draft for the 19th pick. It's not that great of a pick. I read that if they move up it will include their 1st rounder and a couple more picks to get into the top 10 to grab an elite WR or pass rusher. Possibly for Mike Evans or Khalil Mack.

Give up their entire draft for a wr in the deepest class of all time or a guy who "could" be a great pass rusher but is limited in film and could very easily be better as a olb in the pros? I dont think they're that dumb, if it was a wr ost likely it'd be for Beckham because they dont have a deep ball threat right now and if its a pass rusher I think Anthony Barr who is a perfect 3-4 olb pass rushing fit

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:17 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Mack is way, way better than Barr. Most are saying Barr will be a bust. And a good amount of evaluators like Mack more than Clowney.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:09 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
2) Cody Latimore, WR, Indiana - WR Brandon Gibson & Brian Hartline are coming off of knee injuries and there is a concern about there availability for camp. Miami also needs that big Red Zone threat WR. Latimore fits that mode and more. He has solid speed, is a solid route runner and has very good hands.

If the Dolphins do draft a WR by the 2nd round, I think we'll have an exciting group of receivers for the first time since the Shula years ... especially if all are healthy.

ESPN Insider gave Latimore a 1 Grade on the following:

ESPN Insider wrote:
Height-Weight-Speed 1
Tall WR with good bulk. Did not run 40 at Combine but turned in good times at Pro Day (mid-4.4 range by multiple scouts). Hand-span (9 5/8') and arm length (32 5/8') are both slightly better than average.

Ball Skills 1
Big catching radius. Strong hands. Very good natural hand-eye coordination. Strong taking ball away from defenders on contested ball. Excels at quickly transitioning upfield after catch. Very natural adjusting to ball over shoulder. Impressive body control for size.

Competitiveness 1
Battled through foot injury most 2013 season (suffered early Michigan State game). Absolutely no fear over middle. Focus in traffic. Competitive runner after catch. Tough, physical and aggressive. Above average effort as stalk blocker. Gets in position, uses big frame to wall off, and does a decent job of driving legs to sustain. Strong upper body (23 reps on BP was most of WRs at Combine).

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/34758

Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]