View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ] 
 My Dolphin Mock Draft version 2.0 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Post My Dolphin Mock Draft version 2.0
In my latest mock up I have Miami trading down from 19 to 26 with Cleveland and gaining a 3rd rounder from them (pick #83) and the Dolphins still being able to land Zack martin at 26.

Rd. 1 (26)
Zack Martin-G/T-Notre Dame

The Dolphins trade down and get their guy anyway. With Baltimore taking Calvin Pryor and Arizona taking Dee Ford in my latest Mock, Martin was still available at pick 26. Martin will initially play right tackle for Miami but down the line could kick back into guard. This pick would almost solidify the line that was such a weakness last year.
*-This pick could just as easily be Morgan Moses if in fact Martin is already taken. Either way we trade down and still get our right tackle to bookend with Brandon Albert.

Rd. 2 (50)
Chris Borland-MLB-Wisconsin

Undersized, short-armed fiery middle linebacker. Sound like anyone we know? Yup, he is the Zach Thomas of this draft. Almost all the draft analysts have compared Borland to Zach.

Kiper says:
Quote:
"If you look at him purely from a physical and athletic standpoint, you wouldn't consider Borland a first-round pick, but the tape tells another story," Kiper wrote. "Borland isn't just a clean-up tackler, he's an instinctive attacker of the backfield and a relentlessly instinctive player who can get on the field right away and make plays. I know there are teams that have a first-round grade on him." Every evaluation of Borland notes his instincts, which help him mask his limitations. He shows impressive pop and uses good technique to get separation.

Rd. 3 (81)
Terence West-RB-Towson

With our own 3rd round pick we get a back that our scouts and coaches have been sniffing around. West admitted awhile back that Dolphins running backs coach [Jeff Nixon] "likes me a lot".
West has gained alot of draft momentum lately, passing by bigger named backs from bigger schools. He plays a physical style we need.

Quote:
Towson RB Terrance West should "get mentioned among Carlos Hyde, Bishop Sankey and the other top backs in this year's draft," according to NFL.com's Charles Davis.
Davis is presumably speaking to the public, here, as many experts have been espousing West's virtues for months now. "He has the tools to be an effective workhorse in the NFL," Davis wrote. West is a one-cut, downhill runner who flashes good vision and power, which was apparent as he slapped down 2,578 yards and 41 touchdowns last season. The 5-foot-9, 225-pounder ran an impressive 4.54 second 40-yard dash in Indy. Apr 17 - 7:34 PM
Source: NFL.com

Rd. 3 (83)
Donte Moncrief-WR-Ole Miss

With the 3rd round pick we get from Cleveland we bring in another kid we've been kicking the tires on. Moncrief gives us another vertical burner for Lazor's new offense. Defenses will struggle to counter Moncrief, Wallace, Hartline and Clay. Especially now that Tannehill will have much improved pocket protection. This would be a great value pick

Rd. 4 (116)
Michael Schofield-G/T-Michigan

Schofield has had a fine showing all throughout the draft process, starting at the Senior Bowl where he handled edge rushers very easily.

Quote:
The Dolphins have "told people they like" Michigan OT Michael Schofield.
Fellow tackle Taylor Lewan stole all the pub, but Michigan's right-side protector is an impressive prospect in his own right who shouldn't be forgotten. ESPN's Mel Kiper called Schofield underrated: "I think maybe round three, round four. Michael Schofield can be a starting right tackle in this league." Miami also reportedly likes Lewan. Apr 6 - 9:48 PM
Source: Miami Herald

Rd. 5 (155)
Antone Exum-CB-Virginia Tech

A huge physical corner at 6'1" 224, Exum is a quality depth corner who some think could easily switch to safety

Rd. 6 (190)
Russell Bodine-C/G-UNC

Another pick used to finally fill out the line that was so disastrous last year. Bodine would be a great value for us here. Bodine can play any interior spot and also gives insurance behind Pouncey. He's a mean SOB that plays to the whistle and his power is through the roof (led all linemen with 42 bench reps).

Rd. 7 (234)
Joe Don Duncan-TE-Dixie St.

With our final pick we add an athletic tight end with upside. Has soft hands and a large catch radius. Needs to improve his blocking.

Undrafted free agent possibilities:
Stephen Morris-QB-Miami
Nickoe Whitley-FS-Miss. St.
Shamar Stephen-DT-Uconn
David Hurd-OT-Arkansas
Cody Hoffman-WR-BYU
Erik Lora-WR-E. Illinois

Last edited by swerve13 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:27 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: My Dolphin Mock Draft version 2.0
This would be an A+ draft if you do 1 thing imo. 1. Switch Borland with ASF so we can get the #2 te that we need who can block and is really good as a receiver to help Clay. After that I mean this draft is really impressive

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Agfin, I'd also crack a corona if we take Sefarians-Jenkins in the 2nd

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Great job swerve, probably the best mock I have seen so far. Those first 4 picks would be killer, but it is a little wishful thinking having Martin fall to the 26th pick.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:57 pm

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Great job swerve, probably the best mock I have seen so far. Those first 4 picks would be killer, but it is a little wishful thinking having Martin fall to the 26th pick.

Thanks buddy, I appreciate that. I agree I hadn't planned on us getting Martin after the trade back, but it just happened. I actually do a full mock draft and just give Miami who is available at the time. It's very possible Martin would not be there. But we could also take Moses, Kouandjio or Juwuan James at that pick. They are all in the conversation depending on who you listen to.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:01 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'd also crack a corona

That beer sucks....try a lemon Shandy instead, you won't need a lime and it tastes so much better. Seriously though, thanks for doing the draft, it looks great!!

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:07 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
I hadn't planned on us getting Martin after the trade back, but it just happened. I actually do a full mock draft and just give Miami who is available at the time. It's very possible Martin would not be there.

You are the reigning Mock Draft champ, so apparently you know a thing or two. I'm right with you, it would be a great value to get Martin @ 26 after most have him gone before 19.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Makchell wrote:
I'd also crack a corona

That beer sucks....try a lemon Shandy instead, you won't need a lime and it tastes so much better. Seriously though, thanks for doing the draft, it looks great!!

you talkin Leinenkugels Mak? I'm a Sol or Corona guy in the warm months.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:16 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Nice job, but there is no way that Zach Martin lasts to pick #26.

I laughed when I read NFL.COM's analysis on him: "Weaknesses - Is short with Tyrannosaurus rex arms". Zach was that way as well.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:17 pm
Profile WWW

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
I hadn't planned on us getting Martin after the trade back, but it just happened. I actually do a full mock draft and just give Miami who is available at the time. It's very possible Martin would not be there.

You are the reigning Mock Draft champ, so apparently you know a thing or two. I'm right with you, it would be a great value to get Martin @ 26 after most have him gone before 19.

It's a very difficult draft to nail down. Anything can happen this year. I am predicting alot of trades in my mock. Hard to place where the quarterbacks will end up. I even went against my bet with Rich and sent Manziel to Tampa at #7. Manziel can go anywhere from #3 to Jacksonville to Dallas at 16. He's the most polarizing player in this draft.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Big Dave wrote:

I laughed when I read NFL.COM's analysis on him: "Weaknesses - Is short with Tyrannosaurus rex arms". Zach was that way as well.

well Dave, they're all predicting Martin to go at 19. But thats because we are currently sitting at 19.
But if we move back to 26, the 6 teams in between 19 and 26 are as follows:

20. Arizona-top need is a pass rusher for their 34 defense. I gave them Dee Ford.
21. Green Bay-Doesnt need a lineman, at least not this high. I gave them C.J. Mosley.
22. Philadelphia-needs a pass rusher and receiver. Gave them Odell Beckham.
23. Kansas City-Maybe the one team in this range who could take Martin, but I gave them Brandin Cooks to fill their biggest need.
24. Cincinnati-top needs are defense. Went with Bradley Roby.
25. San Diego-top needs are also defense. Gave them Louis Nix.

by the way I have Cleveland moving up to 19 to take Derek Carr

So that's how I came to dropping Martin (who is really a guard) to 26th.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:36 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

swerve13 wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

well Dave, they're all predicting Martin to go at 19. But thats because we are currently sitting at 19.
But if we move back to 26, the 6 teams in between 19 and 26 are as follows:.

That's very interesting. I like your mock and I hope you are correct.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I certainly like most of the players I see in your mock Mark. Miami has certainly shown interest in Terrance West and now it out their that the Dolphins are interested in Cyrus Kouandjio @ #19. Nothing like lying season.

I think the QB's are going to be key to trades, and I think Derek Carr and Teddy Bridgewater are in play. A lot of talk of Bridgewater now dropping into the teens or lower.

Michael Schofield is a player I have talked with JP about and think he would be a solid ORT. I actually had a chance to meet his family at the Sugar Bowl in 2011. Brother is just as big as him.

Dri Archer is a player I think Miami has legitimate interest in as well. Probably will do another mock for Miami in a week or so.

Nice job Mark.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:01 pm

Big Dave wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

But if we move back to 26, the 6 teams in between 19 and 26 are as follows:.

That's very interesting. I like your mock and I hope you are correct.

The key to Martin dropping is the Ravens. They definitely could take him at 17. They are what is between Martin and us at 19. Ravens and Fins are the two fits for Martin. I could also see Andy Reid having interest. But there are tons of talented skill players to make teams avoid taking Martin. Lately alot of Baltimore media are saying safety for the Ravens top pick.

Last edited by swerve13 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:07 pm

phinsfansc wrote:
I certainly like most of the players I see in your mock Mark. Miami has certainly shown interest in Terrance West and now it out their that the Dolphins are interested in Cyrus Kouandjio @ #19. Nothing like lying season.

I think the QB's are going to be key to trades, and I think Derek Carr and Teddy Bridgewater are in play. A lot of talk of Bridgewater now dropping into the teens or lower.

Michael Schofield is a player I have talked with JP about and think he would be a solid ORT. I actually had a chance to meet his family at the Sugar Bowl in 2011. Brother is just as big as him.

Dri Archer is a player I think Miami has legitimate interest in as well. Probably will do another mock for Miami in a week or so.

Nice job Mark.

Thanks alot Tone, That's awesome that you met Schofield's family! I agree, very tricky draft to predict this year. And I wouldn't cry if we did wind up picking Cyrus. He started out as a 1st round caliber tackle. I can also see why you like Mosley. He'd also be an outstanding pick at 19.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:12 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Also look at the rumors that the Cardinals will be interested in Carr now with palmer having an up and down past year while he's 34 years old. Also consider that they look to be on the rise and their 2nd round pick is too late to say "let's draft our franchise guy here" imo so to me whether it's a smoke screen by the Dolphins to get Cleveland to trade up or what it makes me confident that the trade will be there for us

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:16 pm

That's what I had in mind Agfin. Cards are a threat to take a falling Carr or Bridgewater. Plus teams like Houston, Jacksonville and Oakland might look to trade back into round 1 to jump in front of Cleveland at 26 to get Carr and Bridgewater.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:23 pm

some recent draft tidbits on Rotoworld today

Quote:
Coach John Harbaugh confirmed the Ravens have not had any contract talks with free agent RT Eric Winston.
The Ravens currently have just Ricky Wagner as an in-house replacement for Michael Oher, but 30-year-old Winston wouldn't be much of an upgrade despite his ties to OC Gary Kubiak. ESPN's Jamison Hensley expects Baltimore to target a right tackle early in the draft.

Quote:
Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage has declined an invitation to attend the NFL Draft.
Savage has generated significant buzz in recent weeks, so the fact he received an invitation confirms just how high his stock is among NFL decision makers. He's scheduled to visit or work out for as many as 25 teams before the draft. SI's Peter King considers Savage a potential fit for the Texans at No. 33 overall.

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Cleveland Browns are in College Station, Texas to work out Johnny Manziel today, and will visit with him in Cleveland later this week.
Although the Browns did not attend Manziel's pro day, they will have a huge opportunity this week to find out if Manziel is the perfect fit for their organization. The Browns have been linked to Manziel for some time and have been rumored to have strong interest. With both the Texans and Jaguars having Manziel on their radar, Manziel could potentially be off the board when Cleveland is on the clock. Cleveland owns the No.4 and No. 26 selections and could possibly go elsewhere with their first pick and snag a quarterback with their second pick in the first. Brian Hoyer is the only potential starter on the Browns current roster, so the need for the Browns to take a quarterback in the first round is imperative. Apr 19 - 2:02 PM
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Like I said earlier......Polarizing player.

Quote:
Monday Morning Quarterback's Greg Bedard believes Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel "is not doing himself any favors in the eyes of NFL decision makers by continuing to be visible off the field."
"Manziel has been spotted at the Final Four and The Masters just in the past couple of weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if the Kentucky Derby is next. For most players, no one would care. But after his Summer of Johnny last year, Manziel isn't just any player," Greg Bedard wrote. "If you think this isn't being talked about and dissected in NFL front offices, you're being idealistically naïve." Manziel discussed this very issue with ESPN’s Jon Gruden, saying he "didn’t say no enough and should have said no (more). I should have stayed in my realm and stayed in College Station and hung out." Call us "idealistically naïve" if you must, but a lowered grade based on Manziel being "visible off the field" says more about the evaluator -- and the evaluator's opinion of his coaching staff -- than it does the prospect.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:00 pm

and now this little interesting nugget.

Quote:
The Palm Beach Post reports the Dolphins have had discussions about replacing third-year WR Rishard Matthews.
This conflicts with earlier reports that the Dolphins view Matthews as a candidate for the slot receiver job over Brandon Gibson (knee surgery). Barring an upgrade in the draft, Miami's top four wideouts should be Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, Gibson, and one of Matthews, Damian Williams, and Armon Binns.

I think we should be looking to do better than Matthews, Gibson or even Hartline. This is a strong receiver draft. Maybe take 1 or 2 in hopes that they can replace current guys when they get too expensive.

some options in the 3rd round are guys like Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Paul Richardson, Martavis Bryant, Davante Adams.

or guys like Bruce Ellington, Kevin Norwood, Jared Abbrederis in the 4th.

Good receivers are gonna fall, teams would be smart to scoop up whats left in the following round.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:02 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

you talkin Leinenkugels Mak? I'm a Sol or Corona guy in the warm months.

Close, I was reffering to Curious Traveler's Shandy which is so good IMO. Add a shot of Bacardi Limon and there's a summer beer! Again, man, awesome mock, thanks.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:13 pm

I'll have to find and try that Mackey. Thanks man.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:19 pm

More criticism for our boy Ebron

Quote:
UNC TE Eric Ebron drops too many passes to be considered a top 15 prospect by CBS Sports' Rob Rang.
Rang ranks him as the class' No. 20 overall player. "Ebron possesses a jaw-dropping combination of size and athleticism that has earned comparisons to 49ers star Vernon Davis," Rang wrote. "Like Davis, however, Ebron struggles with consistency, relying too much on his athleticism rather than dedicating himself to learning the finer techniques of the position. Some team may very well gamble earlier on Ebron's incredible upside than my ranking indicates, but he drops too many easy passes for a spot in the top 15 for me." Ebron (6-foot-3, 250 pounds) possesses top-end playing speed along with great lateral movement, but his inconsistent hands definitely need work. If it's a matter of concentration, team/coaching fit is going to be of paramount importance.
Source: CBS Sports

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Quote:
Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl and Steve Muench said during a "NFL Draft Blitz" segment that Virginia T Morgan Moses is a "sleeper franchise left tackle."
"I think he's going to go pretty quick in that first round," Weidl said. Muench agreed, and pointed to Moses' work against GTU's Jeremiah Attaochu as evidence: While the explosive Attaochu abused Virgina's right tackle, whenever the Yellow Jackets' star lined up over Moses he was erased. Scouts Inc. draft guru Todd McShay moved Moses up to No. 14 overall earlier this month, and NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock is a known fan. His stock is rising.
Source: ESPN.com

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I liked this draft a lot. I think getting Martin @ 26 is a little bit of wishful thinking but I understand your thought process, and agree that another RT will be there at that time. I hope it plays out like this! NICE job!

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Monday Morning Quarterback's Greg Bedard believes Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel "is not doing himself any favors in the eyes of NFL decision makers by continuing to be visible off the field."
"Manziel has been spotted at the Final Four and The Masters just in the past couple of weeks.

Somehow attending the Final Four is looked upon as a bad image by NFL scouts? What. The. F@#&?

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:43 pm

This would be something to see the Pats pass on huge needs at receiver and tight end to take a QB at the end of round 1.

Quote:
The Patriots are "incredibly high" on Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage and "will consider using a pick to acquire the signal caller during the draft," reports draft insider Tony Pauline.
Pauline said he's known about New England's interest in Savage since the combine, and adds that "some in the organization" are calling Savage "Tom #2." If you need to ask who Tom #1 is, you're in the wrong place. "I’m told Savage impressed the franchise during combine interviews, especially when former Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano was on hand," wrote Pauline. "Evidently Savage took responsibility for the 2011 situation when he left the Rutgers football program, which was then headed by Schiano. Both the Patriots and Schiano were impressed by Savage’s maturity in discussing his departure." The analyst believes evaluators sweetened to Savage when they divided his 2013 game tape into halves, putting great faith in his potential based on the decreased mistakes and improved accuracy in the latter half. Extrapolations like that can be terribly dangerous, but the Patriots have identified magic in unlikely places before.

Source: Monday Morning Quarterback

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:07 am

Quote:
ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay calls Ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief "one of the most impressive workout freaks that you've ever seen at the wide receiver position."
"Moncrief did not play all that well this past year," McShay added. "But if you're a metrics guy, he's the first pick of the draft." Moncrief is a rocked-up 6-foot-2 and 221 pounds with 4.40 wheels. NFL Films' Greg Cosell mentioned Moncrief and Josh Gordon in the same breath back in March. Moncrief is projected as a day-two pick, but some team could fall in love with his potential.

Fri May 02, 2014 1:07 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay calls Ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief "one of the most impressive workout freaks that you've ever seen at the wide receiver position."
"Moncrief did not play all that well this past year," McShay added. "But if you're a metrics guy, he's the first pick of the draft." Moncrief is a rocked-up 6-foot-2 and 221 pounds with 4.40 wheels. NFL Films' Greg Cosell mentioned Moncrief and Josh Gordon in the same breath back in March. Moncrief is projected as a day-two pick, but some team could fall in love with his potential.

This is from Mike Mayock of the NFL Network off the Miami Herald site, the Sports Buzz section.

Miami’s second round pick is 50th.

### Mayock said not only is Martin his No. 4 offensive tackle, but “he would be my No. 1 center or No. 1 guard. He will be the fourth offensive lineman off the board, somewhere between 9 and 13. He’s too good, too safe, and there are too many teams with offensive line needs. About as safe a player as there is in this draft.”

### On receivers: “Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans are my first two. Odell Beckham and Brandin Cooks the next two; they’ll be gone plus or minus 20. And Kelvin Benjamin and Marqise Lee come into play after that.”

### He said Clemson receiver Martavis Bryant’s “physical skill set is so awe-inspiring he’s probably going to go in round two. He has some maturity issues that have to be addressed.” The Dolphins brought in Bryant for a visit.

“Paul Richardson from Colorado; he flies. [LSU’s] Jarvis Landry is one of my favorite players in the draft; not [very] fast but one of toughest players in this draft, a value in the third round.”

Mississippi's Donte Moncrief, who visited the Dolphins, "drops the ball too much" but "teams that focus on West Coast offenses make the most sense for him." (The Dolphins will have some West Coast elements.) Mayock calls Moncrief a third- or fourth-rounder.

### Forget getting North Carolina tight end Eric Ebron at 19. Mayock expects him to be drafted between seventh and 13th.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Fri May 02, 2014 1:59 pm

I think he's wrong on Ebron from what I'm seeing now. He'll fall into that 15 to 20 range just like EIfert did.

Fri May 02, 2014 8:18 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I just don't like zach Martin. He has short arms and Id rather take the best player and not need. I think dennard can be a lockdown corner for years and if he's there then you take him. If we do have to take a lineman I want Suafilo the guard.
1 Dennard, CB/Suafilo, OG
2 Bishop Sankey, RB
3 Billy Turner, OT
4 Devin Street, WR
5 Trai Turner, OG
6 Marqueston Huff, S
7 Wesley Johnson, T

Sat May 03, 2014 4:39 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Makchell wrote:
I'd also crack a corona

Any beer that needs to have fruit to make it palatable sucks. Come on over to Germany and I'll show you a good beer. Going to Fruhlingsfest in Stuttgart tomorrow can't wait. Basically a miniature Oktoberfest in the spring. 26 of us going will be a blast.

Sat May 03, 2014 5:16 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Manhattan wrote:
I just don't like zach Martin. He has short arms and Id rather take the best player and not need. I think dennard can be a lockdown corner for years and if he's there then you take him. If we do have to take a lineman I want Suafilo the guard.
1 Dennard, CB/Suafilo, OG
2 Bishop Sankey, RB
3 Billy Turner, OT
4 Devin Street, WR
5 Trai Turner, OG
6 Marqueston Huff, S
7 Wesley Johnson, T

Dennard would be a great pick but he should be gone by 19. I'm sold on the guy everybody in BIG 10 country knows who he is for sure. There may be positions of greater need but at 19 he would probably be BPA.

Sat May 03, 2014 8:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If we traded back like Swerve13 suggested, this is how I would go about it:
1st - Morgan Moses - OT - Virginia
2nd - Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Washington
3rd - Donte Moncrief - WR - Mississippi State
3rd - Tre Mason - RB - Auburn
4th - David Yankey - OG - Stanford
5th - Craig Loston - SS - LSU
7th - Spencer Long - OG - Nebraska
UDFA - Ronald Powell - OLB - Florida
UDFA - Jeff Mathews - QB - Cornell
UDFA - Kapri Bibbs - RB - Colorado State

Tue May 06, 2014 11:23 pm

I will be completely disgusted if we draft Yankey.

Quote:
An anonymous NFL scout called Stanford OG David Yankey undraftable.
"I must not know what the heck I'm doing," the scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "He's one of the most disappointing guys I saw. I see that guy get pushed around, then he ran 5.5 at the combine. You've got to be kidding me. Free agent." Yankey, considered by some the top OG prospect during the season, has seen his stock deflate since it ended. He's consistent at being inconsistent," another scout said. "There's a lot of want there, but I just think he's nonathletic. He's a stiff guy. That bothers me. But you know what? There's so many in the league like that. I don't like him." A third scout was more complimentary: "A real battler. Generally a good anchor. Gets careless with head duck and will lunge. A Stanford kid will do what he needs to do to be successful." May 3 - 7:39 PM
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Quote:
NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes that Stanford OG David Yankey is not a top tier prospect.
"I wasn't a big fan of Yankey when I studied him. Slow feet, struggles to redirect in space. I don't think he's a top tier prospect," Jeremiah tweeted. Yankey's disappointing outing at the combine did not help his draft stock any. Jeremiah also tweeted that he hasn't "talked to one scout/exec that would take David Yankey in the first 3 rounds." ESPN's Louis Riddick also chimed in and stated that Yankey "was one of the most over-valued prospects all fall/winter in this '14 draft." It's interesting that NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock's No. 1 guard is taking some heat as of late, look for Yankey's name to be called in the second-round of the draft. Apr 3 - 2:36 AM
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Tue May 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Quote:
A Stanford kid will do what he needs to do to be successful

Including tattling on his entire team.
:haha

Tue May 06, 2014 11:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]