View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 My current Mock Draft for Miami 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: My current Mock Draft for Miami
Quote:
Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports that UNC TE Eric Ebron "did not look good" at his Pro Day.
"Told Eric Ebron/TE/North Carolina did not look good at pro-day...dropped a number of passes and generally looked poor in drills," Pauline tweeted. Ebron is a player with with natural hands who has the ability to make spectacular catches with ease, but his hands just aren’t as good as publicized with a 11.43% drop rate, which should not be overlooked.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This is another guy who alot of scouts like that we should consider in round 2.

Quote:
Cameron Fleming, OT (6-foot-5, 325 pounds) — Fleming had a 25 1/2-inch vertical jump and 8-foot-1 broad jump. Fleming stood on his times from the NFL Scouting Combine in the 40-yard dash, three-cone drill and short shuttle. Fleming might not be a capable left tackle in the NFL, but he will be a very good right tackle in the league and a likely 10-year starter at the position. That quality will make Fleming a second-day draft pick, probably in the 40-50 range.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:46 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think Miami needs to go ILB in the first round. Someone nasty against the run. After that, we need O linemen and a red zone, security blanket kind of guy at WR or TE. I think running back is still a need, but the Moreno signing probably means not till next year.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
A team official told the Miami Herald the Dolphins "would be thrilled" to land Michigan OT Taylor Lewan at the No. 19 pick.
He'd be a day-one starter at right tackle for the Fins. Unfortunately, Lewan is expected to be drafted before No. 19, and could go as early as the top ten. The Herald's Barry Jackson hints the Dolphins' top first-round target is Lewan, with Notre Dame's Zach Martin close behind. Miami has needs at both right guard and right tackle after remaking their left side in free agency.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:36 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
A team official told the Miami Herald the Dolphins "would be thrilled" to land Michigan OT Taylor Lewan at the No. 19 pick.
He'd be a day-one starter at right tackle for the Fins. Unfortunately, Lewan is expected to be drafted before No. 19, and could go as early as the top ten. The Herald's Barry Jackson hints the Dolphins' top first-round target is Lewan, with Notre Dame's Zach Martin close behind. Miami has needs at both right guard and right tackle after remaking their left side in free agency.

Miami certainly has a need on the OL still. That said, tis is the season for misinformation.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:37 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
This is another guy who alot of scouts like that we should consider in round 2.

Quote:
Cameron Fleming, OT (6-foot-5, 325 pounds) — Fleming had a 25 1/2-inch vertical jump and 8-foot-1 broad jump. Fleming stood on his times from the NFL Scouting Combine in the 40-yard dash, three-cone drill and short shuttle. Fleming might not be a capable left tackle in the NFL, but he will be a very good right tackle in the league and a likely 10-year starter at the position. That quality will make Fleming a second-day draft pick, probably in the 40-50 range.

Interesting. I had Cameron in my 1st mock draft for Miami in the 6th round. Now folks are thinking he could be a possible 2nd round pick.......

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:42 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Fleming was in the 3rd round range all along and then ascended into the 2nd round.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

I think TE is a "buzz" position right now in the NFL and because of it TE's are being over drafted, I don't see the next J Graham in Ebron, but Ebron will be over drafted, we already have a pass catching TE and another in development with Eggy, imo Ebron is closer to Clay than he is to J Graham, but every body is going to chase the white whale at TE right so he'll be over drafted when in truth what we do need is someone who can block at the position, Hopefully Sims comes along this year but I would personally pass on Ebron, I don't see a superstar TE in him, it's no slam dunk anyway, I would stay away as we have more pressing needs and he isn't in the elite NFL TE mould imo.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:16 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finster the problem with this draft class is that there is no depth at the tight end position, so naturally Ebron's value and Amaro and Niklas and Sefarians values are all driven up. After those 4 it is very weak.

I've been waiting for breakout candidates to surface from small schools and such but they haven't.
So if you need a tight end this year grab one early. I wouldn't mind trading back and using our top pick on Amaro.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:57 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
Fleming was in the 3rd round range all along and then ascended into the 2nd round.

Mark, if he was originally there when I did the mock, I would have considered him at that point.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:02 pm

swerve13 wrote:
Finster the problem with this draft class is that there is no depth at the tight end position, so naturally Ebron's value and Amaro and Niklas and Sefarians values are all driven up. After those 4 it is very weak.

I've been waiting for breakout candidates to surface from small schools and such but they haven't.
So if you need a tight end this year grab one early. I wouldn't mind trading back and using our top pick on Amaro.

I agree 100%, and that's why I stay away from TE especially this year, just like I would have stayed away from DE last year at the top, it was a weak class.

I'm also all for trading down in this draft, if I could I would trade down twice right out of the first round and pick up 2 or 3 extra picks in the 2nd-5th rounds in this very deep draft and add as many bodies as I could building this team for the future.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Mark, if he was originally there when I did the mock, I would have considered him at that point.

I've read from multiple outlets the past 6 weeks that this is the guy everyone is sleeping on Tony.

Quote:
Scouts have mentioned Stanford T Cameron Fleming as the offensive linemen "people" are sleeping on, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.
"He’s been mentioned as a potential top 45 choice the past few days," Pauline wrote last Friday. "Most scouts have Fleming staying put at the right tackle spot he lined up at with the Cardinal." Fleming, along with David Yankey and Kevin Danser, left the Stanford football program this season, but the best prospect along that offensive line will be Andrus Peat. Feb 26 - 11:07 AM
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finster wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

I agree 100%, and that's why I stay away from TE especially this year, just like I would have stayed away from DE last year at the top, it was a weak class.

I'm also all for trading down in this draft, if I could I would trade down twice right out of the first round and pick up 2 or 3 extra picks in the 2nd-5th rounds in this very deep draft and add as many bodies as I could building this team for the future.

I don't agree with Ebron being a top 10 overall prospect, yet I have no problem with Miami taking him at 19. Ebron works the whole field well, makes alot of key catches. Could be an Antonio Gates type.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:18 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I see that he Cameron is now rated as a 4th round pick by NFL Draft Prospects, the CBSSports.com site. I do like him as a player. Smart, tough, physical. I would have no problem with taking him in the 4th round.

In regards to taking a TE, I just not sure Miami will look to take one. A big WR, possibly, but I just don't see Miami taking a TE.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

unless Sims is a legit NFL caliber tight end, I think we still need one. Clay is an h-back.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:

If this is the truth, and Lewan is our guy, I hope we pull the trigger and trade up to get him. It only took a 2nd round pick for us to go from 12th to 3rd overall last year. If Miami can give up a 3rd to get into the top ten and land Lewan, I'm all for it. I think that would be an excellent move. Lewan would be our starting right tackle for the next four years. When Albert's contract is up, Lewan would slide over to the left side and we'd draft another right tackle. It's as simple as that.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:31 pm

wkloiber13 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
Quote:

If this is the truth, and Lewan is our guy, I hope we pull the trigger and trade up to get him. It only took a 2nd round pick for us to go from 12th to 3rd overall last year. If Miami can give up a 3rd to get into the top ten and land Lewan, I'm all for it. I think that would be an excellent move. Lewan would be our starting right tackle for the next four years. When Albert's contract is up, Lewan would slide over to the left side and we'd draft another right tackle. It's as simple as that.

Seeing as how this draft is so deep I seriously doubt we can get that type deal again, last year was a weak draft which is why we moved up so cheaply.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:18 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

If this is the truth, and Lewan is our guy, I hope we pull the trigger and trade up to get him. It only took a 2nd round pick for us to go from 12th to 3rd overall last year. If Miami can give up a 3rd to get into the top ten and land Lewan, I'm all for it. I think that would be an excellent move. Lewan would be our starting right tackle for the next four years. When Albert's contract is up, Lewan would slide over to the left side and we'd draft another right tackle. It's as simple as that.[/quote]

Seeing as how this draft is so deep I seriously doubt we can get that type deal again, last year was a weak draft which is why we moved up so cheaply.[/quote]
I love Lewan but hell no im not trading up for him this year. We can get 2 or 3 guys in the 2nd that would do us well at rt even though Lewans the guy I want the most. Now on rotoworld im reading some scouts are worried about him. Gives him praise as high as he can be better then Jake Long but at the same time think that he isn't that strong physically. Now I havent seen him taken in the top 10 so if thats true then I can see a way that he slips to us but im hopeful

Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:32 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I mentioned Bryant for us a while back. Would be happy to add him.

Quote:
The Dolphins invited Clemson WR Martavis Bryant to visit team headquarters for a pre-draft visit.
No word yet on if the invitation has been accepted or when the meeting would take place. Bryant is a strict vertical weapon with imposing measurements at 6-foot-5 and 200 pounds with forty times in the mid 4.3s. He's been compared to Justin Hunter and the late Chris Henry.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ag_fin_90 wrote:
I love Lewan but hell no im not trading up for him this year. We can get 2 or 3 guys in the 2nd that would do us well at rt even though Lewans the guy I want the most. Now on rotoworld im reading some scouts are worried about him. Gives him praise as high as he can be better then Jake Long but at the same time think that he isn't that strong physically. Now I havent seen him taken in the top 10 so if thats true then I can see a way that he slips to us but im hopeful

Trading up to get Lewan isn't simply a move to get a RT. It's a move to give us bookend tackles to protect Tannehill for the next four years. In addition, you're drafting your left tackle of the future. If I'm not mistaken, the Dolphins left an out at the end of Albert's contract. They can let Lewan start at RT for the next three or four years, and then when Albert's contract is up or he is cut, the Dolphins can slide Lewan over and make him the LT. In Lewan you're getting much more than a RT. You're getting a player that can play either tackle position at a very high level. Remember, in the NFL you're always one play away. Albert goes down, Lewan is a safety net to ensure Tannehill doesn't get blasted like he did last year.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'd rather sit tight and take Martin or Moses than trade up again for an inconsistent Lewan.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:04 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
I'd rather sit tight and take Martin or Moses than trade up again for an inconsistent Lewan.

I'm seeing more people say that if you watch Lewan's games he's not that impressive in run blocking.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2