View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Fins renew attempts to trade WR Mike Wallace - La Canfora 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Fins renew attempts to trade WR Mike Wallace - La Canfora
all of our problems start and end with Philbin.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:46 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

swerve13 wrote:
all of our problems start and end with Philbin.

He's not great but if the offensive line was capable we win at least 2 more games and kick the Bengals butt in the playoffs again

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I don't see it happening. Yeah he had a mini clash with our staff but what happened the week right after? He got 100 + and a td and didn't say a word. The only way I see him leaving is if he takes to the media to complain.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:02 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Rich wrote:
In my view, there are 3 primary reasons why the deep ball did not work.

1. Pass protection - In going back and looking at a lot of those missed deep throws, Tannehill was not able to step into them because he was facing pressure right up the middle. That would explain why many of them were underthrows.

2. Playcalling - Sherman's penchant for abandoning the run created these situations where defenses were able to tee off. Very few scenarios were created in which playaction passing would have exploited Wallace's deep speed.

3. Lack of Chemistry - It was reported that the Dolphins did not work on deep throws in practice, at least before and early on in the season. This is sheer negligence by all involed. A quarterback and receiver need that chemistry to be successful on those plays. This probably contributed to the few deep throws in which Tannehill did have adequate protection but seemed to hold onto the ball a bit and release it late. It's on the players, QB and WR, to get together and work on this and on the coaches to make sure it is happening.

I could walk on the field tormorrow and run some full speed plays and eventually hit Wallace in stride. RT doesn't throw an accurate deep ball. It is a part of his game that sucks. Maybe it will come with work or maybe he needs a big bodied post up type of WR.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:22 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
I could walk on the field tormorrow and run some full speed plays.

For about a minute before the offensive line fails to protect you and your weakened, elderly body is crushed into fine dust.

Give me a break, guy.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:23 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
I could walk on the field tormorrow and run some full speed plays.

For about a minute before the offensive line fails to protect you and your weakened, elderly body is crushed into fine dust.

Give me a break, guy.

I think my point is well taken. How many perfectly thrown TD passes did RT make to Wallace? They went through 24 weeks of training together. C'MON man!!!! That is pathetic. RT sucks at the deep ball.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:29 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
I think my point is well taken. How many perfectly thrown TD passes did RT make to Wallace? They went through 24 weeks of training together. C'MON man!!!! That is pathetic. RT sucks at the deep ball.

Maybe he does, but I challenge you to go back and look at all his deep attempts and count how many he was actually able to step into.

If he is already bad at it, he isn't going to have a higher chance of success at it if he can't mechanically perform the throw properly.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:30 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Maybe he does, but I challenge you to go back and look at all his deep attempts and count how many he was actually able to step into.

If he is already bad at it, he isn't going to have a higher chance of success at it if he can't mechanically perform the throw properly.

Okay so it isn't Ryan's fault. Poor Ryan had no time to throw. It was always the OL...I get it. I remember some games he could've ate a sack lunch back there and still overthrew Wallace by 10yds

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:41 am

btw, the great ones rarely miss the wide open WR downfield. RT rarely connects. Therein lies the difference.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
btw, the great ones rarely miss the wide open WR downfield. RT rarely connects. Therein lies the difference.

The great ones rarely miss...

Ok, let's play that game.

What is the downfield accuracy of the great QBs?

Peyton Manning - 48%
Drew Brees - 40%
Tom Brady 39%

I guess rarely missing means hitting less than half to you.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:48 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Okay so it isn't Ryan's fault. Poor Ryan had no time to throw. It was always the OL...I get it. I remember some games he could've ate a sack lunch back there and still overthrew Wallace by 10yds

I didn't say it wasn't his fault. But it isn't ONLY his fault. There are a lot of factors that led to the deep ball not working for this team...

In fact, Mike Wallace himself admitted that he should have done more to work with Tannehill on deep throws.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:49 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

When Tannehill finally did hit Wallace in stride, the dude dropped it.

Not a perfect pass here, by any means... but man he gets paid to catch that...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Oh and Tannehill got hit stepping into the throw and looks like he injured his knee on that play...

Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

I didn't say it wasn't his fault. But it isn't ONLY his fault. There are a lot of factors that led to the deep ball not working for this team...

In fact, Mike Wallace himself admitted that he should have done more to work with Tannehill on deep throws.

Yes there are a lot of factors. But the truth is he was terrible last year at hitting Wallace. You can find a Wallace drop...congrats...I can find 10TD's RT missed a wide open wallace. If he hits half of those, teams would've been forced to defend it. Toward the end of last season, RT to Wallace was a self check...as a matter of fact, BB chose to double Hartline.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:25 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I simply do not understand these rumors. The problem with Mike Wallace is "Ryan Tannehill", if Ryan Tannehill is getting sacked, and under-throwing Wallace and over-throwing Wallace, do you trade a great receiver...? Oh, like we traded Brandon Marshall?

Funny it is when Big Ben is throwing, how great Mike Wallace can be.

The Dolphins should have stayed with Matt Moore the last 3 seasons and brought in a new QB slowly.

d-1

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:39 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:
When Tannehill finally did hit Wallace in stride, the dude dropped it.

Not a perfect pass here, by any means... but man he gets paid to catch that...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

If you re-watch the tape, Mike Wallace had to slow down and made a great 360 to readjust and try to make a great catch, not a very easy thing to do.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:47 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphans1 wrote:
If you re-watch the tape, Mike Wallace had to slow down and made a great 360 to readjust and try to make a great catch, not a very easy thing to do.

Ya, I remember that throw. Wallace at one point was streaking deep after he broke away from Drayton Florence. The linebacker to the left wasn't going to catch him and Mike Mitchell was sitting deep like an outfielder in baseball against the wall. Tanny chose not to drop it into that giant slate of yardage between them. When the pass finally came out it was underthrown and Wallace had to twist/contort himself after going full speed in an attempt to make a circus catch.

Btw, to anyone blaming the O-line, Ryan had a relatively clean pocket for 5 seconds on that play before the rusher came free right at the end. If he gets the ball off in anticipation of Wallace splitting that zone, he doesn't get hit. darn those guys, why didn't they give him 20 seconds to throw?

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:55 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

And the Steelers OL has sucked too....just saying.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:12 pm

dolphans1 wrote:
I simply do not understand these rumors. The problem with Mike Wallace is "Ryan Tannehill", if Ryan Tannehill is getting sacked, and under-throwing Wallace and over-throwing Wallace, do you trade a great receiver...? Oh, like we traded Brandon Marshall?

The Dolphins should have stayed with Matt Moore the last 3 seasons and brought in a new QB slowly.

d-1

Careful, you're bordering on Sacreledge around here. I suggested this immediately after we drafted RT.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
And the Steelers OL has sucked too....just saying.

Ya, talk about rotating parts with that O-line. Every year it seems like they're besieged by injuries.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:29 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

NFLJunkie wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:

d-1

Careful, you're bordering on Sacreledge around here. I suggested this immediately after we drafted RT.

Hey, I get it, but I always post how I feel, and to prove it, I have been banned from FH and DD boards for having harsh opinions about the teams direction, but every time I am am right. I have posted there for years, but at FH it got really ridiculous. Didn't matter what I posted, I got a No Thanks.

I hope Ryan Tannehill works out, but what I've learned from Don Shula is; you put the best players on the field you can win with today.

I really believe if Matt Moore or Pat Devlin played last year we easily make the playoffs.

And....., really read into what I am saying here, not soon after all the shake-up in Miami, we hear from Coach Philbin that Tannehill will be on a shorter leash, which by the way, makes me like Coach Philbin better than I ever have. He feels he can win now with Moore, which is what I have been saying all along. Ryan Tannehill is a project in the works, in my opinion.

Last year was one of my worst as a Dolphins fan, because I knew we would make the playoffs, especially in our last 2 games, I knew we would get in. Well Ryan Tannehill showed me all I have and want to see of him, at least for now.

I hope Ryan Tannehill gets better, if that's even possible and let me explain why I feel this way - typically a great player makes all those around him a lot better and not the other way around, and of late, all we've been hearing is, if Tannehill had a better OL or better receivers, or a better runningback, or better offensive coordinator, etc., etc. [Excuses]

Don't get me wrong, you need a supporting cast, but losing those two last games was a telling sign for me. [red-flag]

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I am in no way insinuating that Pat Devlin is better, but it would be nice to have seen what he could do in a real regular season game and time prior running with the 1st team. However, we will never know because that will not happen.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:03 pm

I think RT is the guy. I just don't want him to end up like David Carr who started up well then faded quickly because he was sacked 120 times in 2 seasons. Those beatings add up. Moore had more experience and would've been a great stop-gap until RT was ready. I just hope the damage isn't already done.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
I just don't want him to end up like David Carr who started up well then faded quickly because he was sacked 120 times in 2 seasons

I completely agree Gary and IF Miami does not fix this line with all the money they had to spend, people will look back and wonder why didn't they spend the money on Howard and Beadles to sure up the line for the next 5 years.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
I am in no way insinuating that Pat Devlin is better, but it would be nice to have seen what he could do in a real regular season game and time prior running with the 1st team. However, we will never know because that will not happen.

I've never understood any of the Pat Devlin fascination. He's camp fodder. He's a guy you trust to have around the team to be there to run scout or help in training camp getting rep work in with lower tier guys (someone's gotta throw them the ball).

He's what you call a company man, but that's about where it begins and ends with him.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock, your right, Pat Devlin is a camp fodder when it comes down to it. I should have rephrased it, I would have been "curious" to see if a guy like this could make it in a true NFL game vs just preseason and generally with non first stringers.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:36 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

RT will be the guy and this will be the season that ends all doubt and makes all the QB's since Marino and before him just a trivia question. We have 2 greats in Lazor & Hickey , the first to design proper plays for him & the second to surround him with the right guys. Cannot wait for this season. Expect great things. Honestly .... this is a contending team.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:43 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
RT will be the guy and this will be the season that ends all doubt and makes all the QB's since Marino and before him just a trivia question. We have 2 greats in Lazor & Hickey , the first to design proper plays for him & the second to surround him with the right guys. Cannot wait for this season. Expect great things. Honestly .... this is a contending team.

Didn't see this post coming at all.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:44 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Finhead34 wrote:

I agree, and on FH I raised the issue, if we were the Patriots, we never would have gone with Brady over Drew Bledsoe.

I felt Devlin was better during preseason than Tannehill, the year before Moore was better, so in essence, we completely wasted 2 winnable years on project Tannehill, only to arise with blamming the OL, receivers and so on.

What bothers me is all the haters who attack you if you have an idea or an opinion.

It has to be family members of the team that's posting, I bet it is.

Tannehill is a good person and I wish him the best, I just want better production and no excuses.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:21 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

dolphans1 wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

I agree, and on FH I raised the issue, if we were the Patriots, we never would have gone with Brady over Drew Bledsoe.

I felt Devlin was better during preseason than Tannehill, the year before Moore was better, so in essence, we completely wasted 2 winnable years on project Tannehill, only to arise with blamming the OL, receivers and so on.

What bothers me is all the haters who attack you if you have an idea or an opinion.

Tannehill is a good person and I wish him the best, I just want better production and no excuses.

Wait............. Delvin doing good against grocery story bag boys and 3rd string lifers in the preseason means something to you? Tannehills a project who had 4,000 yards last year. You couldn't even name the last year we had that and you're complaining? And seriously why the hell is Delvin brought up when he will never even play an NFL game on any team ever?

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:25 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphans1 wrote:

They didn't go with Brady over Bledsoe. Bledsoe was knocked out for high majority of the season, while Brady was leading them to something like an 8-3 record. Now consider NE was 5-13 in Blesoe's last 18 starts. It was a no-brainer.

I'm sure if Tanny went down & Delvin came in & Miami went 8-3 under him while struggling under Tanny, then Tanny would be replaced just like Bledsoe

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:32 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Yes, that means something to me, its called production. Devlin beat the Saints and showed me guts and glory. the Saints destroyed a Ryan Tannehill led offense.

I have not seen any of that from Ryan Tannehill, at all. (greatness, guts and glory)

I'm I saying Devlin is a sure thing, NO, but we will never find out if he sits on the bench.

Like I've said before, if we were the Patriots, we ride Drew Bledsoe over Tom Brady into the Indian Ocean, before benching the Franchise QB.

d-1

ag_fin_90 wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Wait............. Delvin doing good against grocery story bag boys and 3rd string lifers in the preseason means something to you? Tannehills a project who had 4,000 yards last year. You couldn't even name the last year we had that and you're complaining? And seriously why the hell is Delvin brought up when he will never even play an NFL game on any team ever?

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:34 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Dphins4me wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:

They didn't go with Brady over Bledsoe. Bledsoe was knocked out for high majority of the season, while Brady was leading them to something like an 8-3 record. Now consider NE was 5-13 in Blesoe's last 18 starts. It was a no-brainer.

I'm sure if Tanny went down & Delvin came in & Miami went 8-3 under him while struggling under Tanny, then Tanny would be replaced just like Bledsoe

There's some part truth to some of what you wrote and some not so truths. I wont get into all the facts, because I did so over on the other board and spent a lot of time going back and forth.

But in summary, Bledsoe was supposed to be the man, and Brady the over achiever and I guarantee you, if we were the Patriots then, and FH followers, they never would have benched Bledsoe and casted him off.

Bledsoe was benched.

d-1

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphans1 wrote:
Yes, that means something to me, its called production. Devlin beat the Saints and showed me guts and glory. the Saints destroyed a Ryan Tannehill led offense.

I have not seen any of that from Ryan Tannehill, at all. (greatness, guts and glory)

I'm I saying Devlin is a sure thing, NO, but we will never find out if he sits on the bench.

Like I've said before, if we were the Patriots, we ride Drew Bledsoe over Tom Brady into the Indian Ocean, before benching the Franchise QB.

d-1

D-1 you can't be serious with this response. Ryan Tannehill has been inconsistent and I'm not personally willing to call him the future of the franchise quite yet. However, you're going to highlight a preseason game vs. the Saints that Devlin played in? Did you not watch the NE game and Pitt game towards the end of 2013 in which Tannehill showed plenty of guts/glory?

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:39 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

dolphans1 wrote:

d-1

[/quote]
Can you even name 1 of the Saint players that Pat Devlin played against? And you're comparing one of the greatest all time qbs to Devlin right this second............ seriously are you at Ultra right now getting your brains fried? If you are I will not criticize you

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:41 pm

I just dont understand how you can say you have seen nothing from Tannehill.

Even suggesting Devlin might be a better option I just dont think is realistic.

Its year 3 of the guy we drafted in round one at the QB position. While I would say he has been better than average I have no problem making this the make or break year. 2 non playoff seasons & last years collapse ..... this season should tell the tale but I think he come thru big time.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:53 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I love your post and the Ultra-(Light) comment, pretty funny, but seriously, no I could not name any of the the Saints players nor our player who picked off Tom Brady in the end-zone to give us an excellent chance to make the playoffs.

Lets stay with the facts, nearly every game we played last year could have gone either way, the last 2 games, games we lost to 2 grocery bag QB's (hey no knock on the grocery clerks, there's some gems there too, Kurt Warner.) on the Bills and the Jets.

Ryan Tannehill could have showed us some guts and glory and he failed to 2 scrubs.

These are facts.

I wanted to bench Tannehill at half time during Bills game and before the Jets game, because of our lack of judgement and being hard headed, we wasted a whole season over egos in trying to save upper management and coaches jobs, just to prove Tannehill was the right draft choice.

Beyond logic to me.

d-1

ag_fin_90 wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:

d-1

Can you even name 1 of the Saint players that Pat Devlin played against? And you're comparing one of the greatest all time qbs to Devlin right this second............ seriously are you at Ultra right now getting your brains fried? If you are I will not criticize you[/quote]

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:54 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

FINesse wrote:
I just dont understand how you can say you have seen nothing from Tannehill.

Even suggesting Devlin might be a better option I just dont think is realistic.

Its year 3 of the guy we drafted in round one at the QB position. While I would say he has been better than average I have no problem making this the make or break year. 2 non playoff seasons & last years collapse ..... this season should tell the tale but I think he come thru big time.

I just see it in all his games he's played in, the number of picks versus TD ratios, holding onto the ball to long and those glaring 2 huge losses with the playoffs on the line, to two sub-par teams.

d-1

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:59 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

dolphans1 wrote:
I love your post and the Ultra-(Light) comment, pretty funny, but seriously, no I could not name any of the the Saints players nor our player who picked off Tom Brady in the end-zone to give us an excellent chance to make the playoffs.

Lets stay with the facts, nearly every game we played last year could have gone either way, the last 2 games, games we lost to 2 grocery bag QB's (hey no knock on the grocery clerks, there's some gems there too, Kurt Warner.) on the Bills and the Jets.

Ryan Tannehill could have showed us some guts and glory and he failed to 2 scrubs.

These are facts.

I wanted to bench Tannehill at half time during Bills game and before the Jets game, because of our lack of judgement and being hard headed, we wasted a whole season over egos in trying to save upper management and coaches jobs, just to prove Tannehill was the right draft choice.

Beyond logic to me.

d-1

ag_fin_90 wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:

d-1

Can you even name 1 of the Saint players that Pat Devlin played against? And you're comparing one of the greatest all time qbs to Devlin right this second............ seriously are you at Ultra right now getting your brains fried? If you are I will not criticize you
[/quote]

So............ he out duels 2 hall of fame and multiple time Super Bowl winning qbs in back to back weeks and a half into the next game you want him gone? You realize that its the entire team and coaching staff who should be blamed too right?

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

You said the same thing at Finsiders about Thigpen. I guess it's just your "shtick."

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next