View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Dolphins among 4 teams in running for MJD 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Dolphins among 4 teams in running for MJD
This is from the NY Daily News.

ORLANDO -- The Jets are looking to add another offensive skill position piece to the puzzle, but general manager John Idzik may first have to fend off a pair of division rivals.

The Daily News has learned that the Jets, Patriots, Dolphins and Steelers are in the hunt to land veteran running back Maurice Jones-Drew. The teams are expected to meet with the Jones-Drew camp at league meetings this week.

The News reported two weeks ago that the Jets had serious interest in the former Jaguars running back. Jones-Drew, 29, visited the Steelers last week, but left without signing a contract.

A CBS Sports report last week indicated that Jones-Drew, who has spent eight seasons in Jacksonville, was looking for $3.5 million per year in a new deal, but two sources said that number is high. The Dolphins brought in Broncos free-agent running back Knowshon Moreno for a visit last week, but he left without a deal.

Two different sources told the News that Idzik’s hard-line stance cost the Jets an opportunity to sign their top running back target early in free agency. That player signed with another AFC team.

Jones-Drew, who has rushed for 8,071 career yards, would be a good find for Idzik & Co. on the secondary free agent market.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Dolphins among 4 teams in running for MJD
Guess it depends on who you believe... Armando on twitter:
Quote:
Dolphins have not talked to Maurice Jones-Drew about a visit or his desire to play in Miami, much less a contract. So if that's interest ...

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:25 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

k-dash wrote:
Quote:
Dolphins have not talked to Maurice Jones-Drew about a visit or his desire to play in Miami, much less a contract. So if that's interest ...

The ironic part about it is I saw the tweet that made me look into it on the Herald website.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:38 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
k-dash wrote:
Quote:

The ironic part about it is I saw the tweet that made me look into it on the Herald website.

Omar Kelly said the Dolphins are exploring many rbs and then came up with the articla on the Sun. Now I believe him because if you're going for Moreno you'll go for MJD who's a better rusher, better blocker, a locker room leader that we need also, smart, could tutor Miller/the rookie we draft, will be short term and cheap like Moreno and somebody swhos taking his time maybe for the right team

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:48 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFL network is posting the same thing; that 4 teams will meet with MJD's reps. I know he looked worn out last year, but I'd like to see him come and tutor Miller. If he plays on a team with an actual QB maybe he can bounce back. I've always loved watching him play.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:55 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

k-dash wrote:
NFL network is posting the same thing; that 4 teams will meet with MJD's reps. I know he looked worn out last year, but I'd like to see him come and tutor Miller. If he plays on a team with an actual QB maybe he can bounce back. I've always loved watching him play.

He brings even more then Moreno and we know he'll have a presence in the locker room and as a mentor to Miller and the rookie rb so this is the best move we can make especially since I think Denver will get Moreno back

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This I know... I'm out of patience for Daniel Thomas. Time to move on. Sign MJD, draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd and let them sort it out in preseason. With any kind of improvement on the line, that should add up to another W or 2.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFL Network is reporting that we're still working with Moreno on a deal. In my opinion, Moreno is a better fit. He's solid in pass protection and he's excellent catching the ball out of the backfield. In addition, he isn't over the hill like MJD.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:43 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It seems like he's been around forever, but MJD is only 29. I know that's up there for a back, but it's not like it's out of the question that he could have another year or two in him. That said, I'd be happy with either. MJD brings leadership I don't think Moreno offers, as well as more of a proven track record.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

always loved MJD, Im for it.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:31 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

He is most likely used up for a RB. Over 2K NFL touches. 3.4 YPC last yr. I would not expect much if they do sign him.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]