View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Hickey has huge inclination to go for high character players 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Hickey has huge inclination to go for high character players
Quote:
Dennis Hickey has a huge inclination to go for high character players. If a player is perceived to be a thug, gang-banger or have a drug issue that could knock them off Miami's board. I could see Zack Martin being a fit." - Charlie Campbell

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014rumorsteams_1.php

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Hickey has huge inclination to go for high character players
So he signs Courtlan Finnegan?

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Manhattan wrote:

Do a little research on the guy, and comment later.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:17 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Finnegan is chippy on the field and even he said he needs to curtail that when he was interviewed with the Phinsiders.

That said, he a great locker room guy and has NEVER had any off the field incidents.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:21 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Manhattan wrote:

I bet you think Incognito is the worst type of player in the locker room but if we get a pro bowler who had a bad arrest record you'd never say a word smh. Seriously I want somebody to show me 1 person outside of this message board that says Finnegan is a low character player and ill show multple people who say he's a very good locker room guy

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:26 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I remember when Philbin came aboard. Character guys were all we heard. Any new front office guy whether it be a GM or coach will always say we are looking for character guys to lead.
Parcells , Ireland , Sparano ....guys have to have the "make up". We all fell in love with that.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:19 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

ag_fin_90 wrote:
Manhattan wrote:

I bet you think Incognito is the worst type of player in the locker room but if we get a pro bowler who had a bad arrest record you'd never say a word smh. Seriously I want somebody to show me 1 person outside of this message board that says Finnegan is a low character player and ill show multple people who say he's a very good locker room guy

No i dont think any of that and the entire league voted him as one of the dirtiest how is that "high character"? no man who gets voted one of the dirtiest rightfully or not is a high class person. Doesnt matter if you can show me multiple people who say hes high class when many others disagree. Why would so many have a personal vendeta against a guy? Blow smoke all you want he was not a high character signing

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:11 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Manhattan wrote:
No i dont think any of that and the entire league voted him as one of the dirtiest how is that "high character"? no man who gets voted one of the dirtiest rightfully or not is a high class person. Doesnt matter if you can show me multiple people who say hes high class when many others disagree. Why would so many have a personal vendeta against a guy? Blow smoke all you want he was not a high character signing

The thing for me is he's on the wrong side of 30 now and his physical skills are in decline. It's likely he's going to become increasingly more dependent on all the little dirtball on-field tactics that he's been known for, running the risk of stupid penalties that end up hurting the D. There's a fine line between fiery competitor and agitator.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:44 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
The thing for me is he's on the wrong side of 30 now and his physical skills are in decline

I have the same concerns Rock. However, you "hope" that maybe by being healthy that will make a big difference. Champ Bailey is 35 years old and will be 36 going into the 2014 and he can still start and play at a high level (When healthy). Definitely not comparing the two, but perhaps Finnegan can play a couple more years if his body is all healed up, It is my understanding that he has been pretty banged up the past two seasons. No arguing that Hickey is taking a gamble on him and especially for the guaranteed money.

However, I would like to see Jamar Taylor win the starting corner job opposite Grimes and Finnegan play in the Nickel Package.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:47 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

What is done is done with Finnegan. I actually like the move and it could just be a 1 year contract if he doesn't regain his edge.

What is more important to me is does Hickey draft Michigan OT Taylor Lewan if he falls to the Dolphins at #19. Also, how does that affect Notre Dame OT Zach Martin's stock? Does it rise and make him unreachable for the Dolphins?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/ ... -3-charges

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]