View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Knowshon Moreno 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Its a small red flag considering its on an offensive coordinator whos making some decisions when the new one may not agree and theres barely any teams that use just 1 rb. The crazy thing is I said that I want 3 rbs that all get used so I still dont get why using Miller is that bad of an idea. None of the rbs will be great but they all bring aspects that can help a team win

Sure, you can use Miller as a situational guy or depth. I don't have a problem with that. Just saying that he kind of blew his chance to be a feature guy and has proven he's not really that great of a 3rd down back. That sort of leaves him as a backup or depth.

But I'll go back to my original post when I asked if Miller will be deemed an Ireland mistake and eventually cut? I'm not ruling it out at this point.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:41 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Not every player just breaks out in their first 2 years, some take some time and I saw signs that Lamar can be good but maybe not great. Hell Moreno wasn't that good in the beginning and then completed his game so why cant Lamar? Give the kid a chance its just his third year and draft a rb who can possibly replace him if he isnt the guy because ill tell you right now if we sign a rb its not long term

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I just watched some film on Carlos Hyde. I love the way the guy runs. I would consider trying to trade back to the end of round one (Carolina?) and take him there because I doubt he gets past Houston in rd 2. I don't usually go for RB in the 1st, but he's a big, physical runner that would get stronger through the game. Get our RT in the second and OG depth later. Not totally sold, mind you, but intrigued.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:54 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:
the dude is a basket case. Did anyone else see him crying on the sidelines during the games? The announcers tried to say hes a very emotional player but that doesn't add up. In fact its weird.

WTF are you talking about Steve? I don't see anyone crying...

HA Haaaaaa! Might wanna get a doctor or two to look at that, Slick

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Makchell wrote:
He looked like he took a pee out of his eyes.

LOL That's what I thought!

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:01 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'm going with eye drops

Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:51 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
I'm going with eye drops

Dang, maybe his imaginary girlfriend broke up with him.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:10 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

ag_fin_90 wrote:
Not every player just breaks out in their first 2 years, some take some time and I saw signs that Lamar can be good but maybe not great. Hell Moreno wasn't that good in the beginning and then completed his game so why cant Lamar? Give the kid a chance its just his third year and draft a rb who can possibly replace him if he isnt the guy because ill tell you right now if we sign a rb its not long term

While I disagree with your assesment I have been reading that Miami did not get into the free agent market for running backs at all. Appears Miller will still have a spot on the team.

I just hope they spend a draft pick on a guy who hits the hole hard and doesn't show so much hesitation.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:59 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No thanks. He's a poor man's Ronnie Brown (tap dances in the backfield a lot). While he is an upgrade over Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller, I'd rather see us add a back or two in the draft.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:28 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 8m
According to a league source, Knowshon Moreno will be visiting the Dolphins. He wants to play here, apparently

Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:42 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Von Miller returned a fumble 60 yards for a touchdown and then strip-sacked Brady to force another turnover in the first quarter, setting up Knowshon Moreno's 2-yard TD run. Moreno finished with a career-high 224 yards on 37 carries.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=331124017

Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:08 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

wkloiber13 wrote:
No thanks. He's a poor man's Ronnie Brown (tap dances in the backfield a lot). While he is an upgrade over Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller, I'd rather see us add a back or two in the draft.

I could be wrong, but I do believe with losing that 7th round pick to the Ravens, Miami now has only 6 picks. Unless they can trade down to pick up some draft picks, they need to take one back ONLY. And even then, I would take just one back.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I do believe with losing that 7th round pick to the Ravens, Miami now has only 6 picks. Unless they can trade down to pick up some draft picks, they need to take one back ONLY. And even then, I would take just one back.

We should have gained a pick for Jonathan Martin when we traded him to the 49ers, which I'm guessing is a 7th, and that should give us 7 picks if I'm not mistaken. If we get a compensatory pick, which I think is unlikely considering Ireland's reckless spending spree last year, Miami will have 8 picks. We could likely add another pick if we chose to trade away Daniel Thomas, leaving us with 9 picks. If we have that many picks, I'd love to see us invest in a runningback and quarterback in the later rounds. Two players I really would like to see in Miami as projects are Kapri Bibbs (RB-CSU) and Jeff Mathews (QB-Cornell).

Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

the martin 7th rounder is in 2015 I think that's what I saw.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Moreno is not just an upgrade as a runner, he's an upgrade in the passing game both as a receiver and a huge upgrade in pass pro. As for Thomas, I doubt anyone will want to give up even a 7th round pick for him, so if we sign Moreno I hope we cut him and draft a RB for depth. Anybody know what the cap hit for cutting Thomas would be, if any?

That scenario makes drafting a RB a luxury instead of a need. Sign another offensive line starter before the draft, and it starts looking more and more like BPA.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:42 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

k-dash wrote:
Moreno is not just an upgrade as a runner, he's an upgrade in the passing game both as a receiver and a huge upgrade in pass pro. As for Thomas, I doubt anyone will want to give up even a 7th round pick for him, so if we sign Moreno I hope we cut him and draft a RB for depth. Anybody know what the cap hit for cutting Thomas would be, if any?

That scenario makes drafting a RB a luxury instead of a need. Sign another offensive line starter before the draft, and it starts looking more and more like BPA.

THIS.........And I do see a Ravens site reporting it is a 7th round pick in 2015.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:45 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
k-dash wrote:

THIS.........And I do see a Ravens site reporting it is a 7th round pick in 2015.

I agree and its a 7th rounder in 2015 if martin makes the Niners opening day roster

Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ok, that makes sense. So we likely have no 7th rounder this season.

If our GM thinks that Mason and Hyde will be off the board when we pick in the 2nd round, then I'm ok with them signing Moreno to a team friendly contract. He'd be a good back to pair with Miller. He'd also provide a nice boost to the passing game.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I said this before, but I really think Hyde will be gone long before we pick in the 2nd. We might trade back in the first to pick up some additional picks and take him in the first, but otherwise he'll be gone. I am not sold on Mason.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:57 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

ag_fin_90 wrote:
I agree and its a 7th rounder in 2015 if martin makes the Niners opening day roster

They will cut him knowing no one will claim him, then resign him the next week.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:36 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

wkloiber13 wrote:
Ok, that makes sense. So we likely have no 7th rounder this season.

If our GM thinks that Mason and Hyde will be off the board when we pick in the 2nd round, then I'm ok with them signing Moreno to a team friendly contract. He'd be a good back to pair with Miller. He'd also provide a nice boost to the passing game.

I just hope Lazor will use RBs in the passing game! Thats something we havent seen in a few years.

& I'd rather have Tre than Knowshon

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2