View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Mock Draft Database 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Mock Draft Database
here is a HUGE list of mock drafts if you wanna take a look

most common pick it has us taking are

1 Terrance Cody Alabama DT
2 Rolando Mcclain Alabama ILB
3 Dez Bryant Ok. State WR

http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Mock Draft Database
I don't see a NT or WR being drafted #12 by ParLand, they generally take those positions later in the draft.

I could see them going with McClain though of course......

There are some other names floating around, after the combine the picture of potential picks at #12 will get clearer.......at this point I'm thinking they may trade down from #12 to get additional picks.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:39 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

If McClain is gone at 12, then I can definitely see them trading down unless they have fallen in love with somebody else.

I would not mind trading down to 20 or so, picking up Brandon Spikes (even though there is something about him I just don't like), and then going LB again in 2 of the next 3 rounds. Maybe picking up a Micah Johnson in round 3 if still available, and SC's boy Brandon Graham in the 2nd?

Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:32 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I would rather trade down in the first and grab sergio Kindle out of Texas then see if we can get spikes in the second, and if not get sean lee in the third. I agree with PR, there is just something about spikes that rubs me the wrong way and I don't know what it is

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:25 am

Iceberg85 wrote:
I agree with PR, there is just something about spikes that rubs me the wrong way and I don't know what it is

Even with that said, there is a side to him that you know Bill Parcells will fall in love with. His nastiness.

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:27 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Brandon Spikes is a playmaker. He can play the run, good in pass coverage and has shown that he can be a good blitzer as well and he definitely has the size at 6'3, 258 lbs that the regime likes. I don't think he has great speed and some have said he will not run a great 40 time, but look at his film and you will see he makes plays.

Since I am a Florida State fan, I don't mind talk and having swagger about yourself, but Brandon has been borderline dirty sometimes. The incident in the Georgia-Florida game was bush league to say the least. That being said, the kid is a balla.

I still believe even with it no being in his history, Parcells will take a hard look at Dez Bryant, especially if Rolando McClain is off the board. Miami does not need multiple WR, just ONE stud.

This draft is deep and you can get a Brandon Graham possibly in the 2nd round and a Micah Johnson in the 3rd round.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:01 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
I don't think he has great speed and some have said he will not run a great 40 time, but look at his film and you will see he makes plays.

Ya he got out ran by Tony Pike in their bowl game i have been watching more plays on spikes and McClain...McClain is a solid LB, very intelligent, I believe I have been hyping him a bit too much (haha) watching spikes play, he plays big and aggressive, and his swagger is like Joey Porter's And I think it can be controlled. If we take spikes, I want to trade down to get him 12 is way too high. Compile some picks to make a better draft.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iceberg85 wrote:

If it's between Cody and McClain, I'd think you have to go with McClain and HOPE that a big guy can be found later. Dez Bryant would just be a dumb pick.
You'd love to trade back to stockpile, but if a talent like McClain is there? I don't know...tough call. I want Cody too.

And Sergio Kindle.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:16 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iowafin wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:

If it's between Cody and McClain, I'd think you have to go with McClain and HOPE that a big guy can be found later. Dez Bryant would just be a dumb pick.
You'd love to trade back to stockpile, but if a talent like McClain is there? I don't know...tough call. I want Cody too.

And Sergio Kindle.

Now Iowa fin you can't have them all, you have to share with the other little franchises too

If McClain is there auto pick, if not trade back for a second and later 1st, get either spikes or kindle, with the second round pick get a DT if cody is still there or another DT and possible a OLB or MLB, whichever we didnt take in first

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:11 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I would definately look at Brandon Spikes in the later portion of the 1st round. The only kids I would look at for the 12th pick would be Rolando McClain or Dez Bryant. After that, trade down and get some additional picks.

At that point, Spikes, Cody or Kindle would be considerations.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:38 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iceberg85 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:

And Sergio Kindle.

Now Iowa fin you can't have them all, you have to share with the other little franchises too

If McClain is there auto pick, if not trade back for a second and later 1st, get either spikes or kindle, with the second round pick get a DT if cody is still there or another DT and possible a OLB or MLB, whichever we didnt take in first

Waaah! I don't wanna.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]