View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Some players still left at positions of need for Miami 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Interesting Players Still out there
RB
Johnathen Dywer; Joe McKnight; anthony Dixon; Laugerettte Blount; Charles Scott
WR
Mike Williams; Carlton Mitchell; Danario Alexander; Dezmon Briscoe; Jeremy Williams
TE
Dorin Dickerson, Anthony McCoy; Andrew Quarless; Dennis Pitta; Aaron Hernandez; Garret Graham
OL
Bruce Campbell; Sam Young
DL
Everson Griffen; Corey Wooten; Ricky Sapp; Thaddeous Gibson; Brandon Lang; a lot of guys still out there
LB
Eric Norwood; Jamar Chaney; Micah Johnson
CB
Dominque Franks; OA Akawasi; Donovan Warren; Parrish Cox; SydQuan Thompson
S
Reshad Jones; Myron Rolle; Larry Asante; Kam Chancellor
Return Guys
Jacoby Ford; Sam Sheilds; Trindon Holliday

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:36 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Interesting Players Still out there
there are a lot of names on that list that I like.
:runwiththeball:

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:50 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Re: Interesting Players Still out there
Lots good names..

i like it in this order...

Like to see Fins go TE--- Hernandez, Dickerson but if following the Senior Bowl trend - Anthony McCoy could be a pick..lol

or perhaps take a RB - Dwyer, Blount

or add another OLB- Ricky Sapp

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:52 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Some players still left at positions of need for Miami
This is just a few players of the players that are still on the board that could address needs for Miami.

TE - Dorin Dickerson, Pitt, Anthony McCoy, USC, Dennis Pitta, BYU, Aaron Hernandez, FL, Andrew Quarless, Penn State, Jeff Cumberland, Illinois, Scott Sicko, New Hampshire, Mickey Shuler, TE, Penn State

NT- Cam Thomas, UNC, Al Woods, LSU, Jeff Owens, UGA, Kade Weston, UGA, Aleric Mullins, UNC, Jay Ross, East Carolina, Ekom Udofia, Stanford

DE/OLB- Everson Griffen, USC, Ricky Sapp, Clemson, Thaddeus Gibson, Ohio State, Brandon Lang, Troy, Cameron Sheffield, Troy, George Selvie, USF, Lindsey Witten, UConn, Kevin Basped, Nevade, Adrian Tracy, William & Mary, George Johnson, Rutgers, Chris McCoy, Middle Tennessee State

FS- Reshad Jones, UGA, Akwasi Owusu-Anash, Indiana, PA, Robert Johnson, Utah, Quentin Scott, Northern Iowa, Kam Chancellor, Virginia Tech, Jonathan Amaya, Nevada

WR- Mike Williams, Syracuse, Marcus Easley, UConn, Carlton Mitchell, USF, Jacoby Ford, Clemson

CB- Dominque Franks, Oklahoma, Donovan Warren, Michigan, Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State, Alterran Verner, UCLA, David Pender, Purdue, Nolan Carroll, Maryland, A.J Jefferson, Fresno State

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:28 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Some players still left at positions of need for Miami
Thanks for merging the post. I missed MIA posts earlier.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I would like to see us get Myron Rolle and Dorin Dickerson. Dickerson is kind of a crap shoot....but his combine numbers were off the chart....he could end up being the best TE to come out of the draft.

Rolle's combine and pro-day numbers....there are disputes about these numbers. I think he ran a 4.61 on his pro day.

Pre-draft measureables
Ht Wt 40-yard dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20 ss 3-cone Vert Broad Bench press Wonderlic
6-2 * 215 lb * 4.68 * 4.15 * 6.94 * 36 * 10'04 * 21 reps *

And....he is smart, a Rhodes scholar.

Analysis

Read & React: Good anticipatory skills. Reads the action quickly and has the athleticism to close quickly. Appears cautious, at times, and would rather make the secure stop than go for the big play.

Man Coverage: Smooth backpedal, but has questionable straight-line speed. Good change-of-direction agility. Reacts quickly to the pass and closes in a hurry. Lacks top ball skills and has only one career interception.

Zone Coverage: Prototype size and straight-line speed for the position. Versatile defender. Lined up all over the field for the Seminoles and can handle multiple assignments due to his size, athleticism and intelligence. Reads the play quickly and is seemingly always around the ball.

Closing/Recovery: Good speed and instincts for coverage. Rarely out of position. Locates the ball quickly and shows a good burst to close. Competitive and will fight for the ball. Despite his tools, has never proven to be a consistent playmaker at the collegiate level (one career INT).

Run Support: Good run support defender. Not afraid to get his jersey dirty. Will take on and discard blockers to get to the ballcarrier. Sound open-field tackler.

Tackling: A sound tackler, but lacks the explosive physicality some teams prefer in the secondary. Wraps up securely.

Intangibles: Very intelligent and well-rounded young man. Hopes to perform medicine in underdeveloped countries one day. One of only 32 American students to be named a Rhodes Scholar, the most prestigious honor in all of college academics. Studied in Oxford, England for a one-year Master's degree in medical anthropology. Worked out with noted trainer Tom Shaw in an effort to remain in top shape while away from football.

NFL Comparison: Tank Williams, ex-Bills/Patriots

To get Rolle, I would imagine we would have to make a deal to move up. The Chargers screwed us pretty good in the 1st round trade and getting us to swap our 4th round spots.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Some pers still left at positions of need for Miami
Did Owusu-Ansah play some corner? If so, he could be a great value pick in the 5th.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:38 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

If Everson Griffin is still there at our pick I just can't see us passing on him again... that's tremendous value in the 4th round and we definitely still need some LB's...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Unless you're talking about a different Tank Williams, I think you mean ex-Titan/Viking.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:40 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Iowafin wrote:
Did Owusu-Ansah play some corner? If so, he could be a great value pick in the 5th.

Not just some, he IS a CB. The theory is that because of his height/weight/speed he can convert to FS and be a ball hawking guy.

I don't think he gets out of the 4th. Mike Mayock was saying there is a chance he sneaks into the 2nd, so I was surprised to see him fall past the 3rd. I guess playing at that small a school scared teams away.

He's also one heck of a return guy and every pick is taken back for 6 on D.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:41 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Iowafin wrote:

He did a Iowafin. He played at both CB and FS. I am a little surprised he dropped, but the shoulder probably is a concern. But I always love taking a kid that has played CB. He has the ability to cover and this kid also has good ball skills and he is a terrific return guy as well.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:43 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Jeremy Williams!!!!

I will attempt back-flips if we choose this kid.

I know that WR is NOT a position of need, but this kid looks good. Have been researching this kid for a while now, and every time I see film of him, I am pretty amazed. With Brandon Marshall and Patrick Turner on the roster already, adding Williams would give us 3 WR;s 6'4" or taller. Williams is a huge target that is more of a "stretch the field" type guy, whereas Marshall and Turner are more of a physical, short yardage and run after the catch type guys.

I hope Miami takes this guy!!!

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Jacoby Ford in particular is a bad butt! I think he could be a real player of value at this point.

Mod Edit: No cursing please.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:12 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Unless you're talking about a different Tank Williams, I think you mean ex-Titan/Viking.

I thought Tank Williams rode the pine in New England for a little while last year. I know he was a Titan and Viking for a while but believe he is now a journeyman who has landed on a few teams.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:08 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Seems like a lot of good players to fill needs, but the way things have been going, it doesn't look like the FO is checking here to see who to pick :grin:

I saw Rolle mentioned from FSU, I really hope not. He may be book smart, but he ain't that great on the field. Slow to read and react to plays. Most of the FSU fans I know (me not being one) are glad he's leaving.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:42 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

It depends on what these guys see and how they feel... Obviously they were all set at NT, a position us and all the experts felt we needed....

So FS is the next position I see as a need, but are they confident in who we have? Are they still thinking maybe bring in a vet FA thats floating around?
If so I think a guy like Hernandez (TE) is a good pick up for our offense...

And what about Ford (WR)? Would be an interesting pick... Not sure if I believe Ireland, but he sadi they are not fully satisfied that the WR position is full....

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]