View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Day 2 Opinion 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Day 2 Opinion
I'm really disappointed in this draft. I've been behind just about everything these guys have done, but this has been baffling.
You need a NT, OLB and you go with a DE?
Koa Misi was an excellent pick and I love it.
Then you take an OG? When there are tons of OLBs there, Cam Thomas is there...jeez, OG? What a waste.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:35 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Day 2 Opinion
Miami Fans ---> Image

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That's just it. Since Parcells has come in, I don't recall making much of a fuss about anything. I've liked everything they've done, but 2 of their 3 picks I'm just not sure what the heck they're doing.
And I'd like to just say "well they know what they're doing," but when I've done that it certainly has not worked out:
Eddie Moore, Jason Allen, Jamar Fletcher, Pat White, anything Cameron/Mueller ever did...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Re: Day 2 Opinion
hang in there iowa, we will be ok. :yay:
bad draft? look at clevelands picks
i live in cleveland and keep up with them too, just not like my dolphins.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:49 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

It's a pretty safe draft so far. I would have liked Miami to have been a little more risky with their picks, and take advantage of all the talent. I realize you need players, but how can you be so safe man?? A 34 DE in round 1, and a OG in round 3?? Doesn't get safer than that.

Safety and NT still huge needs that they need to address very early tomorrow.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:52 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I did not expect OG this early, but at least Miami took one of the very best OG in the draft. I interested in seeing how the rest of the draft plays out for Miami.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Why do you keep saying that NT is a major need still?
We might add someone else late in the draft, but for the most part, I believe we drafted our NT of the future in the first round. We aren't going to have the 'traditional 34 NT'.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Im gonna have faith in the FO, because they do all the extensive scouting and all the interviews. They obviously know what they are doing and have some kind of strategy. I'm just confused like the rest of you on how they are going about the picks. I would have figured they would of taken a S by now. Surprised they passed up on Major Wright after all the things Mike Nolan had to say about him. Maybe as we discussed before the FO feels comfortable with Culver or Clemons at FS.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Phin wrote:
We might add someone else late in the draft, but for the most part, I believe we drafted our NT of the future in the first round. We aren't going to have the 'traditional 34 NT'.

We'll see man, but what if the new D does not work out?? Having no true NG is risky man....

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Phin wrote:

We'll see man, but what if the new D does not work out?? Having no true NG is risky man....

Well its going to take a while to know if the new system will work, and by that time Fergy will be back and we still have Solai. We will be fine bro.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:03 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i think mike nolan will get the d in shape. he probably has some different ideas for the defense.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:06 pm

Phin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Phin wrote:

Well its going to take a while to know if the new system will work, and by that time Fergy will be back and we still have Solai. We will be fine bro.

And for 2011? NT's take a while to develope. Soliai is not the answer there, and Ferg has 8 games left in his career, (at least regular season games).

This is going to be interesting. Miami is certainly not afraid to try out some new things. Some have worked out so far, and some haven't. We'll see how this little experiment comes out.

I will say this. Koa Misi was 100% a Jeff Ireland pick. No way Parcells drafts a finesse pass rusher like Misi. I'm also interested to see what kind of big OLB's we draft here. Right now Miami has several weak side OLB's, and a guy like Anderson who can play on the left, but is better on the right as well. Right now Miami is looking very thin and small at OLB.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Phin wrote:

Soliai sucks.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The sky is falling.
Come on guys, relax, these aren't Ted Ginn or Eddie Moore picks here. Have some faith.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
The sky is falling.
Come on guys, relax, these aren't Ted Ginn or Eddie Moore picks here. Have some faith.

How do you know? Besides, I'm not saying the sky is falling, it's just frustrating that there are not only playmakers on the board, but at need positions and they passed for some guard.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

im having faith. But the Pats sure are making some great moves.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MIAcubano13 wrote:
im having faith. But the Pats sure are making some great moves.

Other than Rob Grankowski, I'm giddy at how horrible their draft has been.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

taylor price is pretty good. jermaine cunningham is good. brandon spikes will turn out to be good. I dont care what the forty time is, these guys are all going to be players. I guess im just a little nervous, due to the fact that things are not going as we thought. Im just freaking out a bit

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MIAcubano13 wrote:
taylor price is pretty good. jermaine cunningham is good. brandon spikes will turn out to be good. I dont care what the forty time is, these guys are all going to be players

In your opinion.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:27 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I like Brandon Spikes and Jermaine Cunningham, but Taylor Price has inconsistent hands, Brayalon Edwards type hands. They are certainly doing what they do in regards to garnering additional picks.

Can the capitalize on those picks? That is the question that will be answered.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Iowafin wrote:
MIAcubano13 wrote:
taylor price is pretty good. jermaine cunningham is good. brandon spikes will turn out to be good. I dont care what the forty time is, these guys are all going to be players

In your opinion.

I'm with iowa. I like the positions that NE attacked, but not the players. I don't like Cunningham as a 34 OLB, and I think they reached for Spikes. Price won't make the team, and if he does it was purely becase of his draft position.

I do like the McCourty pick as they did need a tackling corner with Marshall now in the division.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:30 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
MIAcubano13 wrote:

In your opinion.

I'm with iowa. I like the positions that NE attacked, but not the players. I don't like Cunningham as a 34 OLB, and I think they reached for Spikes. Price won't make the team, and if he does it was purely becase of his draft position.

I do like the McCourty pick as they did need a tackling corner with Marshall now in the division.

As a Gators fan I disagree completely and I think all those teams that passed up on Spikes because of his "slow 40 time" will be crying heavily when he dominates in New England. Just sayin...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]