View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Martin's Lawyers Refused to Speak with Union, Says NFLPA 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Martin's Lawyers Refused to Speak with Union, Says NFLPA
I can't wait for Well's report to come out.

"According to NFL.com's Around the League Twitter account, National Football League Players Association chief DeMaurice Smith said that Martin's lawyers didn't desire to speak with the union in the midst of its investigation:

If neither Martin's lawyers nor the 2012 second-round Stanford product came forward during the NFLPA's investigation, it is unclear how their side of the story would have ever been presented.

Of particular note, though, is that Martin did indeed cooperate with the independent investigation spearheaded by renowned criminal attorney Ted Wells, per the Palm Beach Post's Andrew Abramson:

Martin participated in the NFL's independent investigation (Ted Wells) but would not take part in the NFLPA's investigation."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1942 ... i-dolphins

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:40 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Martin's Lawyers Refused to Speak with Union, Says NFLPA
I can't wait till Martin is released from this team.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:35 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

WHY in the world is it taking MONTHS for the research into this case to come out with their findings on the Martin case. I get it that it is a legal matter, but this long drawn out process is ridiculous.

Of course, it is probably a goat rodeo behind the scenes too, but this is all the biggest waste.

I am dying to see what they do find as the so called truth and what Incognito came back with on the dirt on Martin to turn the tides.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:22 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
WHY in the world is it taking MONTHS for the research into this case to come out with their findings on the Martin case. I get it that it is a legal matter, but this long drawn out process is ridiculous.

Of course, it is probably a goat rodeo behind the scenes too, but this is all the biggest waste.

I am dying to see what they do find as the so called truth and what Incognito came back with on the dirt on Martin to turn the tides.

I think the investigation has been over for a bit and they are waiting until after the SB to release it.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:51 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

This whole situation is sooo stupid. Seriously, all their personal texts are now out. I hope Martin is happy.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:02 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AQNOR wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

I think the investigation has been over for a bit and they are waiting until after the SB to release it.

So do I. I guess they didn't want this to be a distraction. :hithead:

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:05 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

bobby0112 wrote:

So do I. I guess they didn't want this to be a distraction. :hithead:

lol seems to be working like a charm for them.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:17 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

My opinion, when all is said & done. Martin will be just as guilty of bullying as the next guy & no NFL team will even touch him. His career is done. Whether he wanted it done or not.

I think this was a simple money grab by him & will in time fail and blow up in his face.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IMO he had a mental break down over his poor play and being moved to right tackle. He used all of this as an escape/cover up. While Incognito is no choir boy, Martin threw him and his teammates under the bus because he lacked the fortitude to handle the pressure. It will be interesting to see if another team is willing to give him a chance. But you can bet fans and opponents are going to eat him alive if he does play again. He will be a lamb among wolves.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]