View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Armando Salguerro Castrates Jonathan Martin 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Armando Salguerro Castrates Jonathan Martin
Quote:
Now my opinion ...

At the risk of sounding unsympathetic, Jon Martin, your weak act is officially old. Go away. Just do what you did best as an offensive lineman on the field and back away. Just do what you did when you left your teammates unexpectedly during the season and simply disappear.

Every single step taken by you in this saga feels manufactured and authored by a lawyer as a step torward a suit. And that makes sense because you definitely have gotten excellent legal advice from your family and the lawyer you added to represent you in this matter. And I, for one, would be surprised if your legal team isn't preparing a suit.

The dramatic throwing down of your lunch tray and departure? No other teammate did that when you were among the players standing up and leaving them alone at a lunch table. So the fact you chose that harmless act to make your departure statement seems contrived now.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... l#comments

There is MUCH more to read on the link above. Dayum 'Mando...

:awe:

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Armando Salguerro Castrates Jonathan Martin
Quote:
And now this NBC interview? Timed, coincidentally of course, during Super Bowl week. It is the NFL's biggest attention grabbing week of the year. And so that's the week you pick to go public with your first interview. Because that's the week it will get noticed most.

Dungy, by the way, is part of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross's committee that will look into establishing a code of conduct in the locker room. That the Dolphins need such a committee speaks poorly of the coaching staff because it is their job to establish that code and make it clear to players in no uncertain terms. Discipline on the field is born off the field, folks.

I think a lot less of Dungy after he participated in this staged interview. I wish they would have let someone ask real questions.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

Quote:
I think a lot less of Dungy after he participated in this staged interview. I wish they would have let someone ask real questions.

I thought the same exact thing.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
Quote:

I thought the same exact thing.

...and Dungy is one of the people advising Ross.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

They got no choice.. it's all about Damage control now..

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Martin is a big PUSS.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:20 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Trade him to Indy where he can block for hiis college QB. I'm sure we can get a sixth our seventh rounder for him

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:19 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Finhead34 wrote:
Martin is a big PUSS.

Definitely, and Incognito is a real jerk. I'll miss Incognito as he was a baller on the field. Unfortunately, the Dolphins didn't monitor him. He has come a long way since he was with the Rams, but he still has issues.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dave Hyde wrote:
Here's my scale of who lost the most in the interview:

1. Joe Philbin. His football culture was said to be lacking professionalism and, beyond that, simple safety. And Martin said he didn't feel comfortable even approaching Philbin. No way out of thinking this was an indictment on his coaching, even as owner Steve Ross backed Philbin throughout this.

2. Incognito. He was expectedly singled out, suspended by the team, lost his career and ultimately has to find team willing to put up with this added baggage.

3. Turner. See above (link below).

4. Ross. It's his team and, ultimately, his brand was damaged.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 3537.story

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
Martin is a big PUSS.

Definitely, and Incognito is a real jerk. I'll miss Incognito as he was a baller on the field. Unfortunately, the Dolphins didn't monitor him. He has come a long way since he was with the Rams, but he still has issues.

Do you think that the Phins should be monitoring the private communications between teammates? The rest of the team did not see anything out of hand and thought that Incognito and Martin were friends. Martin went after the whole of the Dolphins organization.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

AQNOR wrote:
Do you think that the Phins should be monitoring the private communications between teammates?

Are raunchy text messages the only issue Incognito had while with the Dolphins?

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Do you think that the Phins should be monitoring the private communications between teammates?

Are raunchy text messages the only issue Incognito had while with the Dolphins?

As I understand it the reason that Incognito was suspended is because of the accusations of Martin and the text messages he selectively released, not the other issues Incognito had while with the Dolphins. Is that your understanding of the situation?

Given the theme of the thread I was under the impression that Dave thought that the Incognito/Martin situation could have been avoided if Incognito would have been monitored. So I asked him a question based on that. I think Dave would know what he means and I guessed he would clear up any misconception that I had if he decided to answer the query.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:56 pm

AQNOR wrote:
As I understand it the reason that Incognito was suspended is because of the accusations of Martin and the text messages he selectively released, not the other issues Incognito had while with the Dolphins. Is that your understanding of the situation?

So it isn't possible that because of previous incidents the Dolphins decided enough was enough when this came out?

Quote:
Given the theme of the thread I was under the impression that Dave thought that the Incognito/Martin situation could have been avoided if Incognito would have been monitored. So I asked him a question based on that. I think Dave would know what he means and I guessed he would clear up any misconception that I had if he decided to answer the query.

Since he said Incognito still has issues, isn't it possible he was speaking in a general sense given the other incidents Incognito has been involved in since he's been with the Dolphins?

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:

So it isn't possible that because of previous incidents the Dolphins decided enough was enough when this came out?

I don't know all of the reasons the Dolphins did what they did. Do you? I do know that he was not released until the Martin stuff came up. Your logic seems reasonable and if that was what Dave was referencing or something else I am still going to guess that he knows and will clarify if he chooses too.

Rich wrote:

Since he said Incognito still has issues, isn't it possible he was speaking in a general sense given the other incidents Incognito has been involved in since he's been with the Dolphins?

Sure he may have been. That is why I asked a question and made a statement that he could answer or not as he chooses. Depending on how he answered I hoped to have further communication with him about it. Like if the Martin stuff had not come up and Incognito would have had another pro bowl year do you think the Phins would have tried to sign him or things like that. Was just waiting for the answer to the first inquiry before having the whole conversation.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:21 pm

AQNOR wrote:
I don't know all of the reasons the Dolphins did what they did. Do you?

No, but you seemed pretty certain that you did just a post or two ago. What changed?

Also, it is pretty safe to assume that his past played a role in it, especially since Philbin had already asked to get rid of him after the golf course incident.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:45 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
That is why I asked a question and made a statement that he could answer or not as he chooses. Depending on how he answered I hoped to have further communication with him about it. Like if the Martin stuff had not come up and Incognito would have had another pro bowl year do you think the Phins would have tried to sign him or things like that. Was just waiting for the answer to the first inquiry before having the whole conversation.

Incognito had a lot of anger issues and took out on the players that he faced. The Rams got tired of it and released him. The Bills picked him up for the remainder of the season, and then let him go.

Since Miami signed him, he's been much better on the field. I don't think a lot of us knew how he was in the lockerroom until the Martin stuff came up, but the Dolphins knew as they had to clean up some stuff in-house.

I have a feeling that this would have been his last year with the Dolphins based on some comments that we've seen this year.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:57 pm
Profile WWW

Big Dave wrote:
Incognito had a lot of anger issues and took out on the players that he faced. The Rams got tired of it and released him. The Bills picked him up for the remainder of the season, and then let him go.

Since Miami signed him, he's been much better on the field. I don't think a lot of us knew how he was in the lockerroom until the Martin stuff came up, but the Dolphins knew as they had to clean up some stuff in-house.

I have a feeling that this would have been his last year with the Dolphins based on some comments that we've seen this year.

Remember that Incognito had on field incidents with that Texans defensive lineman in twice.

He had the night club incident, where we are not sure what happened there.

And by far one of the most degrading and disgusting things I've ever heard of being done to a person in public with that golf volunteer.

If it had been solely up to Philbin, he would have been gone before 2013. Nice job Philbin... even a stopped clock gets the right time twice a day.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
I don't know all of the reasons the Dolphins did what they did. Do you?

No, but you seemed pretty certain that you did just a post or two ago. What changed?

Also, it is pretty safe to assume that his past played a role in it, especially since Philbin had already asked to get rid of him after the golf course incident.

Not sure what you are referencing. Seems to be a lot of you and me going back and forth about the meaning of posts. Instead of possibly boring the others on the thread with he said, he said why not go to pm if you want to continue.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:48 pm

PM is boring.

In fact, I'm swearing going forward to abstain from PM.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
That is why I asked a question and made a statement that he could answer or not as he chooses. Depending on how he answered I hoped to have further communication with him about it. Like if the Martin stuff had not come up and Incognito would have had another pro bowl year do you think the Phins would have tried to sign him or things like that. Was just waiting for the answer to the first inquiry before having the whole conversation.

So do you think that the Phins organization should have known about the types of communication that Incognito and Martin were having with each other and put a stop to it? Just trying to figure out your take on the situation.

For my take I don't lay the blame at the feet of Incognito for his actions or the Dolphins for not knowing what was going on in Martins' head, yet. I am not sure who or what exactly Martin told people in the Phins organization so would like to know that before fully forming an opinion. Martin's communication were similar to Incognito's.

Martin has said it was not just Incognito but others in the locker room as well. Some players in the locker room said they were not aware of any problem. In my personal opinion I don't think that the Phins locker room, cultrure, etc... is that much different than others in the league. I don't think the Phins players are less observant or caring than others in the NFL.

Sometimes situations arise and no amount of reasonable care or precaution can prevent them. This may be one of those situations.

Of course I do think about the flip side sometimes. If the Phins organization did know or think that Incognito was a problem and a detriment to the locker room and the players around him then why was he on the leadership council. I think that the players vote on the council but would Philbin and his staff not have some responsibility for allowing him to be on it.

Last edited by AQNOR on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
PM is boring.

In fact, I'm swearing going forward to abstain from PM.

Ah to bad, my loss.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:05 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

TommyNoleFin wrote:
Trade him to Indy where he can block for his college QB. I'm sure we can get a sixth our seventh rounder for him

I do not see how any team is going to want Martin in their locker room. I would not sign him as a FA. First he is not "That" good & since he is not "That" good, then why risk the chance he will bring a bad light on your org. Personally I think he is done in the NFL & I think that is what this is all about. Quitting, but still getting paid.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:54 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Richie was also known as the dirtiest player in the NFL.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:11 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I say we cut martin outright and give Incognito an extension. Let's make a statement that the Miami Dolphins are a man's team and Jennifer Martin didn't have the testicular fortitude to make the final cut. We will not change because 1 person was offended... We're not the government. Majority rule, vigilante justice and and no mercy are our way.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Ski_Money wrote:
I say we cut martin outright and give Incognito an extension. Let's make a statement that the Miami Dolphins are a man's team and Jennifer Martin didn't have the testicular fortitude to make the final cut. We will not change because 1 person was offended... We're not the government. Majority rule, vigilante justice and and no mercy are our way.

Nice in theory but will never happen. Miami is not a mans team with this owner & especially this coach.
And Bullygate aside , Incognito is not worth an extension.

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]