View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Jonathan Martin I was personally attacked, spoke to Dolphins 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Jonathan Martin I was personally attacked, spoke to Dolphins
Quote:
by Andrew Abramson

... But he said what happened to him went beyond normal hazing. And he said he had to leave once he realized the hazing was going on beyond his rookie season.

“It extended past my rookie season and I realize things weren’t getting better,” Martin said. “I had to get away for my own health.”

Martin said he spoke to members of the Dolphins organization, including coaches, but that he didn’t get into specifics because he didn’t want to “snitch” on his teammates. ...

Martin was asked specifically about Incognito but didn’t take any direct shots at him, instead trying to make it seem like it was a larger issue where he was being targeted by various teammates for reasons unknown to him. ...

“There’s no question I”m ready to come back in this environment,” Martin said. “I’d be ready to play Sunday if my team was in the Super Bowl.”

After the interview, Dungy defended Martin. ...

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... to-snitch/

Last edited by AQNOR on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:43 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Jonathan Martin I was personally attacked, spoke to Dolphins
I'm sorry but his version of the story and the way he handled it does not add up to me as a classic case of guy getting bullied and not knowing what to do.

The partial release of that Incognito voicemail was the smoking gun and I wish someone would call him out on that and ask why he didn't release the whole message.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:46 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I have a feeling that Dungy will side on the side of race in this. I've always felt that of Dungy, and I try not to look at the NFL in that respect.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:19 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
I have a feeling that Dungy will side on the side of race in this. I've always felt that of Dungy, and I try not to look at the NFL in that respect.

Well, Martin says it was more than just Incognito and some rumors suggested Pouncey. How could Dungy possibly claim racism in that case?

Dungy has the reputation of being the good guy, the wise fatherly figure. He's totally playing up to that here. Helps his repuation and him selling his brand or being morally superior.

We still don't know what happened. Martin may be completely correct. But I wouldn't call this investigative journalism or Dungy asking tough questions to get to the truth. Its a dog and pony show prior to the release of the Wells report.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:

“I spoke to three GMs and they all said he’s good player, he’ll get an opportunity,” Dungy said. “But they’re all afraid of the scrutiny he’ll get. He has to get to the right locker room. Not a place like Miami.”

When the controversy was at its peak, Dungy was named by Ross as part of a committee that would look into locker room issues. ...

- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... 0dW0J.dpuf

So the Phins locker room is still a rat hole and we have a savior in Dungy to clean it up. yea

Thanks boss Ross

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:05 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Dave Hyde @davehydesports

Committee? There's no actual committee RT"@osoesponda Dungy had no credibility since he's on Miami committee,plus this looked like PR stunt

https://twitter.com/davehydesports

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:12 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well, at least Jim Turner should be gone.

Quote:
"I tried building friendships," Martin said in the sit-down interview with former NFL coach Tony Dungy, who is now an analyst for NBC. "I asked myself what I was doing wrong to be treated like this?

"I tried to do whatever I could to be a member of our offensive line," said Martin, a 2012 second-round pick who started 23 games at offensive tackle for the Dolphins.

When Dungy asked if Martin ever spoke to anyone about his claims fellow teammate Richie Incognito, and others, were bullying him, creating a hostile environment, he said he confided to his offensive line coaches, who are Jim Turner and then Chris Mosley, who resigned a month before Martin left the team.

"Members of the organization knew I was struggling. I had some conversations with my coaches immediately above me," Martin told NBC. "I didn't get into specifics. You're not supposed to quote, unquote snitch on your teammates. I didn't see it was my place to go above the heads of leaders on the offensive line and talk to my coaches about my teammates."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 7775.story

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
By James Walker | ESPN.com

... But I thought Martin’s interview was underwhelming.

Here are some questions Martin left unanswered:

Who were the other teammates? ...

What was the response after informing the Dolphins? ...

Where is Martin mentally? ...

Detail the “malicious” attack: ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... uestions-3

Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dungy asked him point blank if he spoke with Philbin about this and he said no.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:41 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Everyone will come out fine in this except the Miami Dolphins. The guys involved will all move on and continue thier careers. But we were the organization where all this happened and could not keep the dirt under our own roof.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Everyone will come out fine in this except the Miami Dolphins. The guys involved will all move on and continue thier careers. But we were the organization where all this happened and could not keep the dirt under our own roof.

I blame Martin for that. I do not condone what Incognito said or did.Its clear to me that Incognito is a jerk. However I think Martin was very dishonest with Incognito and the Dolphins management because he lacked the skills to speak up. I have no doubt Incognito was caught completely off guard by this because he thought they were great friends. I also think other NFL teams will be very cautious about signing Martin because of the potential circus that will follow. And I think the new teammates will have a very hard time trusting him.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:00 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Can the report come out already so we can fire who we need to fire and trade/cut who we need to get rid of?

This is such an annoying, extended overblown story.

And so irrelevant.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:01 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Maybe one day his testicles will drop. Until then, he is just a boy waiting on puberty.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Can the report come out already so we can fire who we need to fire.

How funny would it be if it were Philbin?

This is the locker room he wants. No leaders.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

bobby0112 wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I blame Martin for that. I do not condone what Incognito said or did.Its clear to me that Incognito is a jerk. However I think Martin was very dishonest with Incognito and the Dolphins management because he lacked the skills to speak up. I have no doubt Incognito was caught completely off guard by this because he thought they were great friends. I also think other NFL teams will be very cautious about signing Martin because of the potential circus that will follow. And I think the new teammates will have a very hard time trusting him.

I agree. If I cared about what happens to Martin I would also be concerned that he said he's ready to come back now. No mention of having to prove himself to anyone. This guy will fold like a piece or paper in the hands of an origami master if he ever gets signed by anyone again.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:15 pm

It doesnt matter who is to blame & obviously Martin is knee deep in this but my point is that in the end the organization will be looked at as one who cannot control its own house.
If this report brings a change in the locker room culture with rules & restrictions & counselors on hand who you can talk to anonymously if you feel you are being "bullied" making players feel that they are walking on egg shells for anything they say , it will be the Dolphins looked upon the reason for all of this.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]