View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Hyde: Lots of questions on draft night 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Hyde: Lots of questions on draft night
Quote:
By Dave Hyde, Sun Sentinel

12:03 a.m. EDT, April 23, 2010
DAVIE Here's the dirty, little secret they don't tell you on the NFL Network or ESPN or the millions of mock drafts where people play general manager: No one knows what they're talking about.

They really don't. Thursday showed that again. It's hilarious, really. After months of buildup about players' shuttle times and arm lengths, we learned three surprising things when the first round actually occurred:

2. The Dolphins either liked Jared Odrick or didn't get their man.

3. How to pronounce Odrick's name.

Exactly where will Odrick play? Nose guard, probably. But he could play end, too.

"I can play both,'' he said on telephone from the NFL's draft party in New York. "I think that's one of the reasons the Dophins took me. I'm comfortable playing anywhere on the defensive line."

Odrick probably fills the long-term hole at nose tackle. He's 6-foot-5 and 305 pounds, the same weight Dolphins nose guard Jason Ferguson and Dallas' Jay Ratliff were drafted by Dolphins football czar Bill Parcells.

The question remains if the Dolphins got their first choice. The top-rated nose tackle in the draft, Dan Williams, was taken by Arizona two spots ahead of the Dolphins.

The question remains for the Dolphins how they're going to fill the outside linebacker position. Of the top-rated linebackers, only Sergio Kindle, of Texas, remains

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... full.story

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:51 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Hyde: Lots of questions on draft night
I doubt he plays the nose guard position...I'd be shocked.

However, I did bring it up in another thread, they did stumble into something in Dallas with Ratliff and maybe they tried to re-create it with Odrick?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:55 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Its too early to tell exactly how the kid will be used......I didn't pay much attention to him when looking at potential NT's, but maybe the Regime feel like he can have success at the position in the NFL?

If nothing else he should provide an additional DL player to plug into the rotation to strengthen the Defense......it should light a fire under the other guys and bolster competition along the line.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:01 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

He may not play the nose this season, but I think that after this training staff bulks him up he will be our starting NT. He will likely be rotated this year

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]