View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:23 pm



Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M 
Author Message
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 216
Post Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Adam Schefter, ESPN wrote:
Jason Taylor had his Florida farewell news conference to tell his side of the story. And now, someone else is telling Miami's.

A source close to the situation insisted that the Miami Dolphins did in fact make an offer to Taylor after the 2009 season that even included an $850,000 raise that would have boosted his salary to more than $2 million per year.

The Dolphins did this despite the notion they were thought to be disappointed with Taylor's play, which had him on the field for more than 800 plays, yet he accounted for fewer than 30 tackles. [...]

"If I was important enough that you wanted me in November, why wouldn't you want me now?" Taylor said Tuesday night. "If I was good enough then, I just don't understand why I wasn't good enough now. But that's their prerogative. They're allowed to make that decision. There is a business side to football, and if they feel that it's better for their team to not have me, that's fine. I have no problem with that. That's part of the game. Just let me know."

Still, the Dolphins were willing to bring him back and even asked Taylor to undergo shoulder surgery immediately after the season. Taylor declined the Dolphins' contract offer, and opted to have the shoulder surgery a month later.

The source claimed this put the Dolphins in a position in which they were unsure whether Taylor wanted to continue playing.

Miami then communicated to Taylor's camp that it would wait until after the draft to re-evaluate Taylor rejoining the team. But once the Jets made the contract offer to Taylor, the Dolphins reiterated to Taylor's camp that they were focused on the draft and would talk to him after the draft was completed.

Full story: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/ ... pn_5124774

_________________
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive: http://www.onlygators.com


Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:03 am
Profile
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 am
Posts: 3647
Location: Sweet Home ALABAMA!
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Yea but don't you know Adam... it's all the FO fault for not signing JT. It's that simple... remember?
*eye roll*


Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:19 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 347
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Why is everyone so determined to take sides on this?

Those on Taylor's side claim it was the result of inept management by Parcells and co.

Those on the Dolphins side say Taylor is a selfish traitor.

It's not this simple in reality. Both sides are to "blame" for Taylor not landing in Miami.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:52 am
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Who cares anymore? he is on the enemies sideline and all i care about is watching us sweep the Jets again this year


Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:54 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 216
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Coots wrote:
Yea but don't you know Adam... it's all the FO fault for not signing JT. It's that simple... remember?
*eye roll*

:yay:

fonzy wrote:
Why is everyone so determined to take sides on this?

Something to talk about aside from the draft...plus it is a passionate subject.

:stiffarm:

_________________
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive: http://www.onlygators.com


Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:35 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 257
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
fonzy wrote:
Why is everyone so determined to take sides on this?

Those on Taylor's side claim it was the result of inept management by Parcells and co.

Those on the Dolphins side say Taylor is a selfish traitor.

It's not this simple in reality. Both sides are to "blame" for Taylor not landing in Miami.


Good post Fonzy couldn't agree more!!.

No use taking sides cause like you said both were extremely bull headed in all of this, if anything I'm pissed at both..

I don't think I'd be as upset with the FO if outside linebacker wasn't such a glaring need. To me bringing JT back was a no brainer..this just goes to show you that this regime is gonna do it their way and that is it..

As far as JT goes I'm sure his heart is still here but he's got a hurt ego. I think signing with the Jets has a lot to do with pay back not just about money. There is lots to this whole situation that's not being told!

I say let's move on and draft ourselves a few good replacements tonight and JT?..thanks for the hard work and memories..have yourself an injury free yet non productive time in NY!!


Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:39 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4472
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
paydurt wrote:
I say let's move on and draft ourselves a few good replacements tonight and JT?..thanks for the hard work and memories..have yourself an injury free yet non productive time in NY!!



My thoughts exactly...

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:46 am
Posts: 192
Location: Biloxi, MS
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
I hope that all of this dies down after the draft tonight. I'm sick of the daily threads about this. It's done, he's gone. Let's move on.

_________________
Image

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.


Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:54 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20885
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
fonzy wrote:
Why is everyone so determined to take sides on this?


Maybe you can shed some light on that seeing as you have taken a side.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:48 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 144
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
I am taking a side. Miami's.

THE TEAM brought him back after he gave it the bird in '08 (and if anyone for a moment feels that TAYLOR wasn't the architect of his departure in '08, then I have some really great waterfront property to sell you...on the Moon). That INCLUDES PARCELLS, IRELAND AND SPARANO. If any of those three said 'f$%k him, don't want him' he wouldn't have been here in '09.
Instead, they let bygones be bygones and brought him back.

They, like me, bought his false contrition. "I just want to be here, I'll play for whatever they want".

Then, as the season wore on, I did what the Trifecta did...they began to feel he was genuine. So, they came to him (even the purported aloofness of Parcells was put aside; it was BP who offered JT the resign in November and a raise to his salary).

Boy, are we gullible.

JT spurned them in November, and the team COULD have done what JT DID DO in the public. Ireland could have trotted out to reporters and said 'hey, we offered the guy a raise and he didn't want it'.

Instead, they did the only thing they could, and that is focus on the draft. If JT didn't want to talk contract, okay. How can they then count on him being here?

Then, the team wanted him to have surgery. Can you think why?
Because they wanted him healthy and ready to be a part of the team by OTAs and TC if he was going to play.

He declined.

You see, he has his own timetable, his own agenda as to what he wants to do. And if the team that he plays for doesn't do things HIS way, well, then he'll show them.

I really enjoyed watching him play here, and he played very well. He is one of the best Defensive players in our history, and one of the best players at his position for the last decade.

However, he has reached a stage in his career where he has been infected with Favre-itis. I am become Jason! I am bigger than the team! I demand RESPECT! Respect My Author-i- TIE!

Good riddance, mercenary.


Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 144
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
I'll just add that I feel it's very ironic how both JT and the Favrester were both attracted to the same cesspool of filth, Jet green. It wears well with their attitudes.


Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1015
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Well put. I'm over it. Could've gone out with class. Hope he doesn't expect to retire as a Dolphin

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:07 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3373
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Quote:
Final word (I think) on Taylor offseason offer

...

Well, the validity of the source close to the situation is up for scrutiny by actual named persons as close to the situation as you can get -- both Jason Taylor and Gary Wichard, his agent.

...

The Dolphins confirmed to me this morning that as of two days ago when Taylor decided to accept an offer from the New York Jets, there was indeed no offer on the table for him to sign.

...

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z0lrU5k4lF




Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 253
Location: Tampa, FL
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
In the end JT signed on with the Jets for more money than the Fins would've given him.......looking at the season ahead and the previous two seasons JT has played only 1 for the Miami Dolphins. To me his signing shouldn't be a big deal for that reason, as it made me used to him not being a dolphin anymore.

I dislike the Jets, but I still like JT the player. I also like Bart Scott who plays for the jests........so I will not root for the team(Jests) but I do hope JT has another solid season and loses to the Fins at least twice this upcoming season if not more.


Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:53 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5298
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Final word (I think) on Taylor offseason offer

...

Well, the validity of the source close to the situation is up for scrutiny by actual named persons as close to the situation as you can get -- both Jason Taylor and Gary Wichard, his agent.

...

The Dolphins confirmed to me this morning that as of two days ago when Taylor decided to accept an offer from the New York Jets, there was indeed no offer on the table for him to sign.

...

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z0lrU5k4lF




Doesn't matter to me. There was an offer on the table in November. Taylor didn't take it claiming it wasn't how he was used to doing things, even disturbingly citing how Wanny and Spielman used to handle contracts.

He had an offer. He wanted more money. He thought he was entitled to more money after spending only 1 year trying to rebuild his name with the team after forcing his way out of dodge following the MOST embarrassing season this franchise has ever experienced.

BP tested his desire to be with the team with that contract extension offer back in 2009 .... Jason Traitor flunked that test.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
He shoved a knife in to the back of the one constant in football: the fans. Realistically speaking, we are the only entity that has a vested interest year in, year out. Owners change. Players change. Coaches change. Everything but the fans.

That he decided to play for the sworn enemy of any and all Dolphans was akin to giving US the finger along with a big FU while he was at it. He yammers on about respect, but clearly has none for those who have supported him his entire career.

That is why I take sides. Because in the entire deal, we are the only ones truly affected. He's not hurting the team. Paw makes a great argument as to why so I won't repeat my thoughts on the matter. He's only hurting the fan base. He is not a Dolphin. He does not care to be. He should not be ever again.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:10 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5298
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
eleaf wrote:
He shoved a knife in to the back of the one constant in football: the fans. Realistically speaking, we are the only entity that has a vested interest year in, year out. Owners change. Players change. Coaches change. Everything but the fans.

That he decided to play for the sworn enemy of any and all Dolphans was akin to giving US the finger along with a big FU while he was at it. He yammers on about respect, but clearly has none for those who have supported him his entire career.

That is why I take sides. Because in the entire deal, we are the only ones truly affected. He's not hurting the team. Paw makes a great argument as to why so I won't repeat my thoughts on the matter. He's only hurting the fan base. He is not a Dolphin. He does not care to be. He should not be ever again.


..........and all those vile words he had for the Jets and their fan base now proves to be just EMPTY TALK. That's one of the most infuriating aspects of all of this.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Rock Sexton wrote:
eleaf wrote:
He shoved a knife in to the back of the one constant in football: the fans. Realistically speaking, we are the only entity that has a vested interest year in, year out. Owners change. Players change. Coaches change. Everything but the fans.

That he decided to play for the sworn enemy of any and all Dolphans was akin to giving US the finger along with a big FU while he was at it. He yammers on about respect, but clearly has none for those who have supported him his entire career.

That is why I take sides. Because in the entire deal, we are the only ones truly affected. He's not hurting the team. Paw makes a great argument as to why so I won't repeat my thoughts on the matter. He's only hurting the fan base. He is not a Dolphin. He does not care to be. He should not be ever again.


..........and all those vile words he had for the Jets and their fan base now proves to be just EMPTY TALK. That's one of the most infuriating aspects of all of this.


Makes one wonder what he'll say about us once he been indoctrinated by puke green philosophy.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3696
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Steve Zissou wrote:
Well put. I'm over it. Could've gone out with class. Hope he doesn't expect to retire as a Dolphin



Did Zach Thomas retire as a Dolphin?

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Wow.

If that report is true....dang. I don't think JT would do that though.


Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:28 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8593
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
eleaf wrote:
He shoved a knife in to the back of the one constant in football: the fans.


That's it right there. I don't care how much or how little Parcells offered him ... you just don't play for the Jets. Fireman Ed is correct ... he's a meathead.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3373
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Quote:
Dan Marino supports Jason Taylor: 'I'd do the same thing'


BY JEFF DARLINGTON
jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com
In the past few weeks, Dolphins Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino has spoken several times with linebacker Jason Taylor about his decision to sign with the New York Jets. And he has supported him all the way.

"If I was in the same position, I’d do the same thing," said Marino, who arrived at the NFL Draft as a guest of honor Thursday night. "He can still play football. That’s what he is. He’s a football player.

"I’m sure it’s tough on him because he loves the city and he loves Miami. It’s tough on players when you want to retire in a certain place but you can’t.''

...

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/22/1 ... z0lshwkFdJ


Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5298
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Dan Marino supports Jason Taylor: 'I'd do the same thing'


BY JEFF DARLINGTON
jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com
In the past few weeks, Dolphins Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino has spoken several times with linebacker Jason Taylor about his decision to sign with the New York Jets. And he has supported him all the way.

"If I was in the same position, I’d do the same thing," said Marino, who arrived at the NFL Draft as a guest of honor Thursday night. "He can still play football. That’s what he is. He’s a football player.

"I’m sure it’s tough on him because he loves the city and he loves Miami. It’s tough on players when you want to retire in a certain place but you can’t.''

...

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/22/1 ... z0lshwkFdJ


Most moronic comment my idol has ever made. Hope to never see another one.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 215
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
At the end of the day, Jason Taylor took the money!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't give a flying f--k what he said. Padon the aggressive tone. I personally feel like 2008 all over again(DTWS excluded). He knew which direction we were headed. He knew that we were trying to build something for the long term future. Even with JT, we still need an OLB. I don't need to pay a guy 2mil a year when all he's producing is 5 sacks a year. Sorry but in this day and age their is no team in the league who game plans for JT anymore.


Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3696
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Source insists Dolphins offered Taylor $2M
Not to beat a dead horse here because at this point the whole JT thing is a non issue & since he is dead to so many of us maybe we should not talk about him anymore until about 5 years from now when he rises from the dead to go into the ring of honor when this dictatorship is no longer in power & we all forgive & forget & love him again but Joe Rose made a statement that after JT turned down the offer in November he changed Jt's role & had him go after the QM much , much less because he was pissed that his offer was turned down thus affecting Jt's stats. As for Marino's comments , well it seems not many of out past stars who were let go in not so great ways do not speak so highly of the organization.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:40 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFCMiamiEast, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.