Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kirk Morrison?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:01 am 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Apparently Oakland is shopping LB Kirk Morrison. I know he's been a really good player in the league. He's only 28. He plays ILB in the 4-3 scheme, but I'm not sure where he would fit (or if) in the 3-4. How about straight up for Smiley, or throw in a 7th rounder also?

Post subject: Re: Kirk Morrison?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:02 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

In case you didn't know, Oakland sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:07 am 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

And so that means every player on the team is not worth trading for? What are you saying? Wasn't it Oakland that NE stole Randy Moss from? You'd rather have our guys than Richard Seymore or Nnamdi Asomugha? Come on, Iowa! In case you didn't know, we need linebackers!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
And so that means every player on the team is not worth trading for? What are you saying? Wasn't it Oakland that NE stole Randy Moss from? You'd rather have our guys than Richard Seymore or Nnamdi Asomugha? Come on, Iowa! In case you didn't know, we need linebackers!

There are 7 rounds in the NFL draft.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:28 am 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Iowafin wrote:
k-dash wrote:

I realize that. My post was about Kirk Morrison. You obviously don't feel he's worth trading for. Fine; you may be right. Saying that would have been sufficient.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:30 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
k-dash wrote:

I realize that. My post was about Kirk Morrison. You obviously don't feel he's worth trading for. Fine; you may be right. Saying that would have been sufficient.

K.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:38 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

the guy has put up over 100 combined tackles each season he has been in the nfl, but we dont need another mlb. i think dansby and crowder have those spots filled up. we need to draft some pass rushers via draft.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:55 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rhoads30 wrote:
the guy has put up over 100 combined tackles each season he has been in the nfl, but we dont need another mlb. i think dansby and crowder have those spots filled up. we need to draft some pass rushers via draft.

If you're a 4-3 MLB and play all 16 games...you better have 100 tackles.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:42 am 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Iowafin wrote:
rhoads30 wrote:

look, the guy's no Zach Thomas, but he averaged 126 tackles a season for his first 5 years. (For the record, Zach averaged 129 for his first 5 years, but had many more big plays... sacks, ints, pds, etc.) My point was if you can get him on the cheap, why not? Somebody to push Crowder can't hurt. It's a Parcells axiom that you can never have too many good linebackers.

All that being said, I don't think our FO will do it. We def need to draft some pass rushers for sure; that will be the priority I'm sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
rhoads30 wrote:

look, the guy's no Zach Thomas, but he averaged 126 tackles a season for his first 5 years. (For the record, Zach averaged 129 for his first 5 years, but had many more big plays... sacks, ints, pds, etc.) My point was if you can get him on the cheap, why not? Somebody to push Crowder can't hurt. It's a Parcells axiom that you can never have too many good linebackers.

All that being said, I don't think our FO will do it. We def need to draft some pass rushers for sure; that will be the priority I'm sure.

Dealing a guard that Miami wants a 3rd for is not cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:52 pm 
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Quote:
Dealing a guard that Miami wants a 3rd for is not cheap.

Good point. The thread wound along so far I forgot I had thrown that in at the beginning. Anyway, I still think he'd be a good addition at the right price; that was my point in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:17 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Doesn't mean they're getting a third. Probably more like a 5th or 6th. That would be pretty cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:51 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

k-dash wrote:
Apparently Oakland is shopping LB Kirk Morrison. I know he's been a really good player in the league. He's only 28. He plays ILB in the 4-3 scheme, but I'm not sure where he would fit (or if) in the 3-4. How about straight up for Smiley, or throw in a 7th rounder also?

I be happy with Kirk Morrison..... but Raiders probably want a 3rd or 4th round for him... Is Smiley worth that to the Raiders-- doubt it...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:57 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

After getting Dobbins yesterday I doubt we would look for another ilb.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:34 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

The need is at OLB not ILB. I don't think the Dolphins will make a move for a guy like Morrison at this point even though he is a good player.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]