View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 How to "IGNORE" a person on the forum 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post How to "IGNORE" a person on the forum
Everyone,

There are a lot of Dolphins fans on the forum here. It is just like in every day life: some are some really cool guys to hang out with, and some are schmucks.

My moderators and I will take action with people who break the rules that we have spelled out, but understand that there are some who flirt with the rules and are actually not breaking them. They usually end up hanging themselves at some point to where we can deal with them.

If someone is annoying you, feel free to let us know about it. We'll keep an eye on them, but at the same time please try not to make us babysit someone. We're pretty busy and just as frustrated as the rest of you are about this season.

The way to IGNORE someone is to put them on your FOE list. We are sorry that we have not made this clear to you all. When you put them on your FOE list it will ignore any of their posts that they post. Unfortunately, if someone replies to their post and that person's post is quoted in the reply, you will see their post.

Here is how you do it:

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: How to "IGNORE" a person on the forum
Did you just ignore yourself?

Last edited by rodneyfaile on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Can you make this a sticky post that stays at the top Dave? Maybe just below the forum rules?

Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:48 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Nice post. I have always posted under this same user name (dolphans1). I use to post at the DD site and FH, Unfortunately, after posting for several years on the DD, there was a falling out, were certain moderators were removed for giving out IP addresses. It was because of this hostile removal, some feelings were hurt and other sites were born and people moved around to other sites.

Unfortunately, because of this, some people had an axe to grind, and it because of this, certain posters changed their usernames or developed multiple accounts and would just follow me around and it didn't matter what I posted, I got a negative response. In other words it just became a game to them.

I have never ever attacked anyone, even if I didn't agree with their opinion.

I find it interesting, they could criticize, the OL, defense, coaching, GM and so on, but if we had an undesirable opinion about the starting QB, and who that QB should be, well then the problems began.

What doomed me on the DD was my harsh opinions on Jay Fiedler, Wannstedt, Saban and Ronnie Brown.

What did me in at FH was my opinion on our current starting QB and his short comings.

Are these bannable offenses?

I do not think so.

In all my years of posting, I never had the need to ignore anyone, I just wouldn't read their posts.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:02 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Is this.....is this about me?

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:05 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Our first option is always that you try to work it out with the person you want to "ignore". PM them and try to resolve things.

rodneyfaile wrote:
Did you just ignore yourself?

LOL. I knew someone was going to say that. To be honest there are times that I would like to ignore myself, but I am an administrator and you cannot ignore admin and moderators;) Also, I didn't click "submit".

:fart:

bobby0112 wrote:
Can you make this a sticky post that stays at the top Dave? Maybe just below the forum rules?

I'll definitely put it at the top once it starts to fall off the page. Sometimes most posts that are stickied do not get seen.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:20 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I have not felt the need to "ignore" anyone, but good info to have - just in case.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:29 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

:computer:

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]