View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 JT is a Jet. 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: JT is a Jet.
Taylor hasn't signed the deal yet. His flight is still tentative, and every source says "agreed to terms." As soon as he puts pen to paper, Taylor is dead to me, and he can retire a loser. Otherwise, as of right now, I will believe it's all a huge ploy.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Iowafin wrote:
Taylor hasn't signed the deal yet. His flight is still tentative, and every source says "agreed to terms." As soon as he puts pen to paper, Taylor is dead to me, and he can retire a loser. Otherwise, as of right now, I will believe it's all a huge ploy.

Actually he arrived in Newerk early this morning. By now he has probably signed the paper work.

He is now dead.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Actually he arrived in Newerk early this morning. By now he has probably signed the paper work.

He is now dead.

:cry:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Mods .... might be about time to change "this" feature then when you register on the site ....

:boo:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

A couple of things here ...... I think the Dolphins complete silence on the issues says a lot of things. It says a lot in terms of how much they value his play, but it also says something about what they think of the guy at this particular time. I don't think they're looking to rock the boat in regards to one of the franchise's greatest players, but they've already been down this road with the man once when he was jettisoned to Washington. And JT knew better than to get personal with the Dolphins if he ever wants to be welcomed back come retirement time.

Somebody was right on here when they said he protests too much .... I mean look how quickly the press conference sparked up once he confirmed being a Jet. In the PC he claims he got no offer, but in the same breath mentions the offer for an extension back in November. Isn't that an "offer" JT? It's just not the offer he wanted i.e. not enough money thinking it was going to come raining down in an uncapped year. Apparently he felt he made up for the way he left by just coming back for one year. I thought it was hilarious how he cited the way Wanny and Spielman did things, as if it had any relevance. I mean if you're trying to sway people to your defense, those are the last two names you ever want to invoke.

I also thought his nonsense about "having to make a decision" right now was phony. I don't think there's anyone here who can say with a straight face that no team in the NFL besides the New York stinking Jets was interested. I mean really? Let's not forget we haven't even had the draft yet. Teams are going to come away from that with needs still, not to mention injuries and lackluster play throughout the rest of OTC's and TC's. This was not JT's last stand to snag a jobby job in the NFL. Although he did try to give off that impression in his PC.

His name is Jason Traitor. His behavior towards this latter end to his career has been selfish and unlike something you would expect from a man who's talked about as a Dolphin legend. I'm not saying the FO is without their faults. They could learn to coddle just a wee bit more, but they made it abundantly clear that they wanted to wait until after the draft. If this "was not" about the money, he would've signed that extension back in November. Alas it is, always will be.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:20 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

LOL, Jason Traitor :) I will use that in the future and give you full credit or course!

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ytnewton wrote:
LOL, Jason Traitor :) I will use that in the future and give you full credit or course!

Here's a little extra LOL .....

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:31 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I don't understand why you guys are so upset. I love JT. I think he is great, or at least was great at one time. Now, he is on his final legs and does not have much left in the tank. To sign him for this year and assume that he will be able to play up to his prior performance for 16 games is goofy. He is not the JT of old. If he has to play for somebody, then let him play for the Jets - I think he is average at best now.

From what I've read, the Dolphins wanted him to wait until after the draft before making an offer. They asked if he would remain patient. He decided not to and left. Big whoop!

If he were to be a Dolphin in 2010, I'm betting he would be a situational player at most. There are guys at a similar level who will not cost nearly as much. Possibly a guy from the draft or even a stop gap free agent. There will be some guys on the market after the draft. This is not that big of a deal.

I wish him well, except when he plays against us. I doubt he will find much success, however. He is past his prime and just playing out the time while he can. But by no means is this earth shattering.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rusjen wrote:
I don't understand why you guys are so upset.

Hmmmm ..... must be that whole "JETS" thing (especially after all the trash he talked about them and their fans)...... not to mention the that fact that this guy mistakenly thought he rebuilt his good name by coming back here for only one year after he single-handedly forced his way out of dodge after our most embarrassing season ever.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:21 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

He is paid to play football. He took the best offer for him. I hate the Jets, but if that is who will pay him to give his best effort - I have no beef with that.

He came back last year because he hated Washington and had to get out.

In this day and time you root for the guys wearing your team's jerseys - they come and go. That's just the way it is.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rusjen wrote:
He is paid to play football. He took the best offer for him. I hate the Jets, but if that is who will pay him to give his best effort - I have no beef with that.

He came back last year because he hated Washington and had to get out.

In this day and time you root for the guys wearing your team's jerseys - they come and go. That's just the way it is.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's a hypocrite for the way he put the Jets and their fan base on blast over the years. But let's not get off track here, in his own words it wasn't about the most lucrative offer right? He could've waited. He didn't want to. He tried to force their hand and the FO said no thanks.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:04 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

ytnewton wrote:
Don't even tell me you consider him classy just because he has a foundation, so does Big Ben, is he classy too?
http://www.bigben7.com/foundation.aspx

As for the Big Ben comparison, nice one. Do I need to say that he's been accused twice of sexual assault?

Perhaps I should have said that Taylor is a classy guy b/c he's been a model citizen and is generous with charity. He's been nothing but a positive force in the community. And I've seen nothing he's done that really puts a stain on his character. Do you really know him enough to be able to judge his character?

As for the rest of your post, I stand by it. Your opinion of him is quite childish. ( I didn't say YOU were) You said he is without class due to 2 reasons: He appeared on a TV show. He signed a contract with a team. You ignore everything good that he is done and boil it down to that. Does that really sound mature to you?

What is the overall big deal that he signed with another team? Who has he hurt? He was NOT under contract with the Dolphins. He no longer has the right to do what he wants when he is a free agent? I know we all enjoy hating the Jets, but at the end of the day it's all meaningless. It is certainly not worth handing down a judgment of "without class" based on it. By your metric, Karlos Dansby is without class. After all, he wasn't loyal to his team. Neither is Bill Parcells. He has no problem switching teams.

Besides, had any of you thought you were being underpaid for your current job, you would try to get more. If your current employer stopped paying you and told you to wait a few monmths and MAYBE he'll start paying you again, you would look for other employment. I bet most of you would have signed that deal, too.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:15 pm

Don't think it hit me until I saw this...wow. That just ruined my day.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Don't think it hit me until I saw this...wow. That just ruined my day.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/

:cry:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:46 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Check out the segment at 00:31+...JT is asked when it started to sink in that he could be a Jet...he says,
Jason Taylor wrote:
When they showed the interest and the respect

Miami tried to keep you and you bullied your way out in '08.

Miami WELCOMED you back (and nice job by the way on the contrite act, I bought it) and now you again try and force their hand.

This is a serious slap at the regime, a big time FU.

Okay JT, good luck to you and thanks for playing so well for so long for us. I'm sorry you didn't get your way...no, not really.

Zach will go into the Ring of Honor, but as long as the Trifecta is here I bet JT doesn't.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:49 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

pawfectgent wrote:
Zach will go into the Ring of Honor, but as long as the Trifecta is here I bet JT doesn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if Zach has to wait also.

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:58 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Look at him parading himself around in his white shirt and green tie ....as if he's some lifelong Jet fan. The kid's a phony.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:02 pm
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

oh how quickly we turn.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
oh how quickly we turn.

.... Not as quickly as Jason Traitor sells out. :grin:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:17 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

FINesse wrote:
oh how quickly we turn.

Oh how quickly one of our all time greatest players turns, as well.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:17 pm
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Look , he did what he had to do ... its a business & he made a business decision just as any of us would to if it would enhance our lifestyle or benefit our family. Also it in no way diminishes what he has done for the franchise & how he can be dead to anyone of us is just plain crazy. Yes he was made an offer but quite frankly it was a horrible offer & in an uncapped year you dont make that decision in November , plus he played for peanuts last season.
Now I am not upset about losing him , not even to the Jets (which is what I think all this craziness is over). He is an aging player who I beleive still has game left but the past has shown we can win without him. However if he is the best defensive player to wear a Dolphin jersey (or pretty close to the best) you treat him better. If you dont want him , you thank him for time served & let him know the team is moving in another direction. But I am not gonna suck up to this dicatatorship & think that because they might have benefited from others misfortunes a couple of years ago & won 11 games that this is cool because quite franklly it is not. It just could have been handled better , yes maybe even by both sides but it is quite clear who was holding the cards here.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Jason Taylor wrote:
"This is where I'm supposed to be right now," he said. "I'm here for one reason, and I'm here to play football the best that I can and help this team win a Super Bowl. If that happens here, people in Hollywood spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to end a movie, or people try to figure out how to end a book. What better ending is it than to win the Super Bowl?

"To do it here, it would be pretty ironic, but it would be awesome."

Think this guy isn't living in a dream world where he's a Hollywood star?

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:03 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I just cant wait for Jets v Fins this year! There is soo much drama built up here, I love it! I'll admit, I'm not looking forward to a pumped up JT after Henne, but It'll sure be a wild west smack down!! Go Dolphins!!

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:31 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

1984phins wrote:

As for the Big Ben comparison, nice one. Do I need to say that he's been accused twice of sexual assault?

Thanks, you argument was he was classy because he has a foundation and does work in the community not because he was a model citizen.
1984phins wrote:

Perhaps I should have said that Taylor is a classy guy b/c he's been a model citizen and is generous with charity. He's been nothing but a positive force in the community. And I've seen nothing he's done that really puts a stain on his character. Do you really know him enough to be able to judge his character?

And there it is, now you have a legitimate argument. I judge his character as a football player based on his actions as it relates to his team mates and his team. See below...
1984phins wrote:
As for the rest of your post, I stand by it. Your opinion of him is quite childish. ( I didn't say YOU were) You said he is without class due to 2 reasons: He appeared on a TV show. He signed a contract with a team. You ignore everything good that he is done and boil it down to that. Does that really sound mature to you?

He appeared on a TV show rather than stay in Fla and work out with his team mates (selfish), he signed not just with any team but the Jets. I never said a word when he played for to the 'skins. How is any of this ignoring his good deeds? Sure, you abandon your team mates, get out of football shape, then sign with the Jets to try and prove something to the Fins management (IMO), now that's mature!
1984phins wrote:
What is the overall big deal that he signed with another team? Who has he hurt? He was NOT under contract with the Dolphins. He no longer has the right to do what he wants when he is a free agent? I know we all enjoy hating the Jets, but at the end of the day it's all meaningless. It is certainly not worth handing down a judgment of "without class" based on it. By your metric, Karlos Dansby is without class. After all, he wasn't loyal to his team. Neither is Bill Parcells. He has no problem switching teams.

Again, not just a team, your Dansby parallel, doesn't hold water. Parcells offered him an extension, he chose not to take it. BP is in management, who cares where they go?
1984phins wrote:
Besides, had any of you thought you were being underpaid for your current job, you would try to get more. If your current employer stopped paying you and told you to wait a few monmths and MAYBE he'll start paying you again, you would look for other employment. I bet most of you would have signed that deal, too.

Not if I had enough money to retire and I had cursed that other company during my entire career, now you are grasping!

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I honestly thought Taylor was going to give the Dolphins until after the draft to make a decision, I guess I was wrong. Well, I guess he's a Jet now. I still think he should have signed that deal that was on the table last season when the team offered it to him. It's funny, last time he left the Dolphins to pursue a Super Bowl we went to the playoffs and he spent most of the season injured. I'm going to laugh when Jake Long manhandles him twice this year!
:jests:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3