View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:54 pm



Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins) 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
Post Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
#12 Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
A pass rusher is Miami's top priority and as much as we like Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes they don't fit the size profile here. Morgan is the most complete, NFL-ready end in this year's class.
3rd round
9 (73) Miami Dolphins Anthony McCoy TE USC
4th round
12 (110) Miami Dolphins Ben Tate RB Auburn
5th round
14 (145) Miami Dolphins (from SFO) Seyi Ajirotutu WR Fresno State
6th round
4(173) Miami Dolphins from KC Sam Young OT Notre Dame
5(174) Miami Dolphins from WSH Jeremy Williams WR Tulane
10(179) Miami Dolphins Aleric Mullins DT North Carolina
7th round
5 (212) Miami Dolphins (from KC) Cameron Sheffield OLB Troy
12 (219) Miami Dolphins John Conner FB Kentucky
45 (252) Miami Dolphins (Compensatory pick) Brian Jackson CB Oklahoma

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 226
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
Wonder how Ben Tate slips to the 4th when some consider him better than Spiller.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:33 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 786
Location: West Caldwell, NJ
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
With all our needs on defense, he has miami only picking 3 defensive players???

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
He seriously has us taking the pot head McCoy??

That's a terrible mock...Guy doesn't know what he is talking about.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:37 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 257
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
I find it hard believe we'd take two wide receivers but whatever..


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 226
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
Sweet.....McShay has us taking Jeremy Williams.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 226
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
Phins Rock wrote:
He seriously has us taking the pot head McCoy??

That's a terrible mock...Guy doesn't know what he is talking about.





:)

I almost pissed myself laughing when I saw that you, of all people, posted this.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
I think we will be getting a NT a little sooner than round 6. I think we are going to try and get Jeff Owens. I don't like the McCoy pick either.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 226
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
MIAcubano13 wrote:
I think we will be getting a NT a little sooner than round 6. I think we are going to try and get Jeff Owens. I don't like the McCoy pick either.


I like Owens a lot. He was highly recruited by UGA and the tandem of him and Geno Atkins was supposed to be a dominate force in the SEC, but Alabama and Florida happened.

I would rather see Hernandez over McCoy, but would like to see TE addressed nontheless.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
Project86JLL13 wrote:
MIAcubano13 wrote:
I think we will be getting a NT a little sooner than round 6. I think we are going to try and get Jeff Owens. I don't like the McCoy pick either.


I like Owens a lot. He was highly recruited by UGA and the tandem of him and Geno Atkins was supposed to be a dominate force in the SEC, but Alabama and Florida happened.

I would rather see Hernandez over McCoy, but would like to see TE addressed nontheless.


I can't see Parcells drafting a pure pass catcher like Hernandez.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 226
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
Phins Rock wrote:
I can't see Parcells drafting a pure pass catcher like Hernandez.


Why not? Phins have a blocking TE in Fasano.

Are you suggesting that Parcells drafts a pure blocking TE? Because that is something that I can't see Parcells doing. You can teach blocking techniques, but it's hard to find someone with "pure pass catching" techniques.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
Project86JLL13 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I can't see Parcells drafting a pure pass catcher like Hernandez.


Why not? Phins have a blocking TE in Fasano.

Are you suggesting that Parcells drafts a pure blocking TE? Because that is something that I can't see Parcells doing. You can teach blocking techniques, but it's hard to find someone with "pure pass catching" techniques.


No. But you have to have ballance. Fasano has balance. Witten has balance. Coats had balance. The italian dude he had in NY whose name I forgot, had balance.

Hernandez does not have the build nor the willingness to be an inline blocker.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3381
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
Andrew Quarless is a kid to keep an eye on from Penn State. He has the size, the ability to stretch the field and is decent as an inline blocker, although he needs work on that.

Due to some maturity issues early in his time at Penn State, he will probably be there in the 5th-6th round. He had a very nice senior year and had 8 catches for 88 yards in the bowl game win over LSU.

Anthony McCoy just torpedoed his draft stock big time, and he already had red flags because of academic issues and being suspended from the team because of it.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 226
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
Phins Rock wrote:
Project86JLL13 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
I can't see Parcells drafting a pure pass catcher like Hernandez.


Why not? Phins have a blocking TE in Fasano.

Are you suggesting that Parcells drafts a pure blocking TE? Because that is something that I can't see Parcells doing. You can teach blocking techniques, but it's hard to find someone with "pure pass catching" techniques.


No. But you have to have ballance. Fasano has balance. Witten has balance. Coats had balance. The italian dude he had in NY whose name I forgot, had balance.

Hernandez does not have the build nor the willingness to be an inline blocker.


Mark Bavaro is the TE from NYG. He had practically the same build as Hernandez (Bavaro=6'4" 245#, Hernandez=6'3" 245).

Why do you say that Hernandez doesn't have the willingness to be a blocker? blocking can be taught, something he wasn't even asked to do at UF due to the style of offense that was ran. Whereas pass catching isn't as easily taught, but more of a natural thing.

68 receptions for 850 yards and 5 tds for a TE is pretty impressive.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
From what I've read he does not have the willingness. But you're right that he wasn't even asked to do that.

It's a different game now a days though. Back then, the Refrigerator Perry was a big deal because he was over 3 bills. Now a days, if you're a DT, or an O-lineman and you are not 300#, you're not big enough.

245 back then is different than 245 now, is my point though.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:28 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8941
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Todd McShay's 7 round mock (Dolphins)
Outside of the first pick, this is quite possibly the worst mock I have seen. He even has us waiting till the 6th round to take a DT and only one at that. Ridiculous.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:22 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.