View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 2010 regular season schedule 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: 2010 regular season schedule
Ski_Money wrote:
Gillette stadium in January, probably for a playoff spot... ouch.

I'll be up in the upper deck freezin my you-know-what off rooting for Miami!! Can't wait!!!

:runwiththeball: :runwiththeball:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

1984phins wrote:
Well, we lost our early season homefield advantage by Ross getting his wish and moving those games to the night.

Not happy about that.

And we get to play road games against the Jets and Patriots in December.

I'll take primetime home games vs 1:00 games anytime. Seems the crowds are more louder for primetime games. Ross actually wanted more 4pm home games and the NFL gave him none!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

I'll be up in the upper deck freezin my you-know-what off rooting for Miami!! Can't wait!!!

:runwiththeball: :runwiththeball:

I might try and get there as well Phins... Finishing up grad school at Villanova, but originally from RI. If our football team doesn't make it to the national championship like we did last year, I will be in the clear!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:41 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'm liking the three primetime games, especially that sunday nighter against the Jets at home. Sign me up for that one!

I'm not liking the game in Foxboro at the end of the season, however. That will be a huge game for us down the stretch IF we're running close for a playoff spot.

Besides for that, pretty good schedule, a good mix of tough games (well, we are in a tough division), but the problem is we have to play the Packs, the Vikings, the Ravens, and the Bengals all away, which are all pretty tough games. We'll see how it goes down.

But yeah, what games is everyone thinking about going to this season?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:44 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

phinsfanmel wrote:
1984phins wrote:
Well, we lost our early season homefield advantage by Ross getting his wish and moving those games to the night.

Not happy about that.

And we get to play road games against the Jets and Patriots in December.

I'll take primetime home games vs 1:00 games anytime. Seems the crowds are more louder for primetime games. Ross actually wanted more 4pm home games and the NFL gave him none!

As someone who's had season tickets for 16 out of the past 17 seasons, I'll take the 1 pm home games- where the other team is sucking wind and we have a true home field advantage.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Right now I dont see a loss.

:yay:

Always the optimist!!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:56 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

FINesse wrote:
Right now I dont see a loss.

:yay:

Always the optimist!!

That's the spirit.

Those guys from '72 better watch out.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:02 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Ski_Money wrote:

let's not forget two seasons ago, when Miami went into NY for Week 17 for the division and won the game in dramatic fashion. NY cold isn't always New England cold, but it's still wasn't easy to do that

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wkloiber13 wrote:
I've already got tickets to the game against the Vikes. My best Dolfan buddy out here in Denver is cousins with Michael Montgomery, who just got signed by the Vikings this year. I've got a cousin that lives in Minneapolis also. So all I've got to do is show up and I'm reppin' aqua and orange in the Metrodome this year! I'm pumped, GO DOLPHINS!!!
:grin:

I'll be there too! Definitely gonna hafta hook up for a few adult beverages before the game. You going to Lambeau this year too?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kamikaze wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

let's not forget two seasons ago, when Miami went into NY for Week 17 for the division and won the game in dramatic fashion. NY cold isn't always New England cold, but it's still wasn't easy to do that

I was at that week 17 game and ir was like 55-60 degrees. didnt even bring a coat for that one!

:jests:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:00 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

I'm going to Buffalo for the opener, glad I don't have to freeze my butt off this year. Love seein those Bills fans whine.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

In order to be the best, you need to beat good teams and on the road in hostile environments and gain momentum in December leading into the playoffs. These guys live for that. Tough schedule for sure, but I am still optimistic for 10-11 wins.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The last time Miami beat New England that late in the season in New England was in 2000 when the Patriots went 5-11 and Miami won the division. Hopefully that can happen again, and it's not a repeat of 2002, when all Miami needed was a win, and with a 21-10 lead with 2:45 to go, it was pretty clear they'd win the division...but then the wheels fell off.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Iowafin wrote:
The last time Miami beat New England that late in the season in New England was in 2000 when the Patriots went 5-11 and Miami won the division. Hopefully that can happen again, and it's not a repeat of 2002, when all Miami needed was a win, and with a 21-10 lead with 2:45 to go, it was pretty clear they'd win the division...but then the wheels fell off.

Incorrect.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=260101017

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Incorrect.

Eh, that game meant nothing for either team...therefore it means nothing to me.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:52 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Incorrect.

Eh, that game meant nothing for either team...therefore it means nothing to me.

How was that different than the 2000 game you mentioned??

I think Miami has a very good chance to win that game if we're healthy. Yes, Miami is a warm weather team, but it is built to win in the cold weather and playoffs. Half it's team is from the Big Ten, we're built to win in the trenches, and the guys on this team are tough as nails.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

How was that different than the 2000 game you mentioned??

Miami needed to win that game to win the division in 2000. A loss would have opened the door for the Colts to win the division.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:00 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Wk 1 @ Buffalo...W
Revolving QBs and stirrings about Marshawn Lynch are not their only holes. Gailey will have them playing tough, but we are the better team.

Wk 2 @ Minnesota...L
I'm more scared of AP than Favre, but this will be a very difficult game. I would view a victory here as an upset.

Wk 3 New York (and JT)...W(Primetime)
C'mon. We've won three in a row for a reason. Do you honestly expect that the staff won't have us fired up?

Wk 4 New England...W(Primetime)
This will be the toughest AFCE game we will play to this point. Most will say the Jets, but not me.

Wk 5 Bye (I think we will be 3-0 in the Division at this point).

Wk 6 @ Green Bay ...L
Aaron Rodgers is a heck of a QB, but Lambeau lacks a little fright factor for me when it's 75 degrees out, as opposed to Nov-Dec when it is 10 degrees out. We could win this game, no doubt.

Wk 7 Pittsburgh ...W
I know they beat us, but Big Ben is having some headaches and Holmes (his #1 target) is gone. Squeelers won't fall apart, but it looks to me like another ho-hum kinda 7-9, 8-8 year for them. Just a feeling.

Wk 8 (Halloween) @ Cincinnati ...L
This game scares me. That team was very close, and smashed their own Division (AFCN). There is little to think that they won't be fairly decent again, and this is a tough away game, coming off the brutal slugfest you know Pitt will be.

Wk 9 @ Baltimore ...L
This is an even more brutal game. Three straight physical matchups with the latter two on the road. This will be our baptism by fire imho. 4-4 at the halfway point.

Wk 10 Tennessee ...W
Fisher is a solid coach, but they are falling behind Houston for second in that Division (AFCS) imho. This will be a welcome game to the Dolphins players, home at last.

Wk 11 Chicago ...W (Primetime)
They don't impress. I think this might become our biggest margin of victory to this point.

Wk 12 @ Oakland ...W
Long road trip, but Al Davis has them mired in mediocrity. We should beat this team, and if we don't I would look at it as a rather big upset.

Wk 13 Cleveland ...W
This should be another win, as Holmgren has a fair rebuilding job to do, and must find a QB.

Wk 14 @ New York ...L
I'd love to stick it in their ear again, but to beat them in New York three straight times is probably asking a bit much.

Wk 15 Buffalo ...W
They will be pretty good next season.

Wk 16 Detroit ...W
They will be pretty good next season as well. They'll be better than Buffalo THIS season, but that's not saying much.

Wk 17 @ New England ...L
This game will be for the AFCE imho. It will also decide the #4-5 WC. I think we end up the WC at 10-6.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree with all those games Paw...except I think Miami sweeps the Jets again. 11-5

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:17 pm

I think we'll finish something like:

New England 11-5 #3 Seed
Miami 10-6 #5 Seed
Jets 8-8 (No playoffs)
Buffalo 6-10 (No playoffs)

Have to give the nod as #1 Seed to Colts until someone beats them.
Chargers have become a study in disappointment, but they do get to play the Chiefs and Raiders twice each. #2 Seed.
Baltimore is a team that bears watching...they're getting older defensively but they are still viable and with the Steelers and Browns looking to struggle and Cincy the enigma of the division, I see Baltimore winning the AFCN and being #4 Seed.

Here's where I think most will kill me. I see the 6th Seed going to...9-7 Houston. Yeah, I said it, I know.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Always a pleasure Paw. Another great read.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well....if it were the Dolphins of 2009 with that schedule, I would say 9-7...

But...I think our offense will be vastly improved and our defense should be too (addition by subtraction there....plus a possible impact player in round 1)....

So, I am going with 11-5. I can't tell you that wins the division this year though. I think it will be between us and the Jets and if we split with them it is anyone's division! I can tell you though...should we stumble and lose any of those early division games, it will be a very tough battle for the division. Those aren't should win games....those are MUST win games.

I used a previous poster's prediction here and made changes in bold. I think we can beat the Pats in both games this time and I also believe we can beat the Ravens now that our team should actually be able to pass the ball more effectively....no 8 in the box this time.

W Sept 12 1:00 PM @ Bills
L Sept 19 1:00 Pm @ Vikings
W Sept 26 8:20 PM Jets
W Oct 4 8:30 PM Pats
BYE
L Oct 17 1:00 PM @ Packers
L Oct 24 1:00 PM Steelers
W Oct 31 1:00 PM @ Bengals
W Nov 7 1:00 PM @ Ravens
L Nov 14 1:00 PM Titans
W Nov 18 8:20 pm Bears
W Nov. 28 4:05 PM @ Raiders