View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:48 am



Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Who does Miami select Thursday Night 

Who will Miami select in Round 1?
Derrick Morgan, DE/OLB, Georgia Tech 21%  21%  [ 11 ]
Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Jerry Hughes, DE/OLB, TCU 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB, USF 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Earl Thomas, S, Texas 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
Dan Williams, DT/NT, Tennessee 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 53

 Who does Miami select Thursday Night 
Author Message
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Alright...we need to get away from the JT talk.

The draft is tomorrow, finally! So who are we going to take?


Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 312
Location: PA
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
i think we could trade down. another possibility is trading ronnie away for picks and selecting cj spiller, imo, would be grand.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 21
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
yea we dolfans need get JT situations off our mind..yea it sucks and hurts to see him goes to hate Jets...i blame both FO and JT ....so anyway let focus on the draft and let hope that BP and FO got a plan...my 1st choice would be to trade down to get our 2nd round pick back...if they cant get trade offer, then i would assume they draft OLB...so my guess it Morgan from GT


Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:58 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 898
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
I think we will trade down, thus I chose Graham because he could be around when we pick even after a trade down, and I would be thrilled if it worked out that way.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
They will trade down, and either with the 1st or 2nd take Jerry Hughes. It depends on what NT is available. If nothing better than Cam Thomas is there, they'll take Hughes, then Thomas in the 2nd.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Iowafin wrote:
They will trade down, and either with the 1st or 2nd take Jerry Hughes. It depends on what NT is available. If nothing better than Cam Thomas is there, they'll take Hughes, then Thomas in the 2nd.


Agreed.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:56 pm
Posts: 40
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
i thinks it's gonna be hard for us to trade down.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 51
Location: Chillicothe Oh.
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
i went with ET . i feel that is the need we need the most with him at that spot we better jump on him . i think we can fill out need at the DT position in the later rounds sense the DT & LB positions are are loaded in this years draft. i would hate to pass up on THOMAS . i feel our safety is a importent need


Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 228
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
I'd stay away from a DT/NT in the first round. Only because of the financial investment that it would require. It seems as if first round DT/NT's but just as much as QB's do, maybe even more.

I hope to God we go with BPA in the first round. Everyone knows that this is a deep draft, so filling our needs at NT, OLB, and S can be addressed in later rounds.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:50 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
I chose Brandon Graham after we trade down with the Eagles. With our new 2nd round pick we'll take Jerry Hughes or BA NT. S with our 3rd. Probably Reshad Jones or Major Wright since Mike Nolan likes him. But I do believe tomorrow night is going to be interesting, and we may shock the NFL.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:02 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:57 am
Posts: 226
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
If we dont trade down i picked Kindle...I picked him last, I must be consistent, dammit!


;) Besides we look desperately thin there also on safety but I like the 2nd-3rd round safeties more than the olb's

_________________
-
A Dane lost on the internet, crashed here
-


Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3424
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
I see people going with Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes, and those are kids I like as players as well. But if you don't take into consideration this regime strict prototype in regards to size, you are making a mistake. Miami could always break away from those principals, but they have not shown that to be the case so far in there 2 years in the draft. This team likes size.

Omar Kelly has mentioned this in multiple articles as well as Armando Salguero. If Miami cannot make a trade down I am going with Derrick Morgan.

IF they can trade down, I think Everson Griffen, the DE/OLB from SC will be given serious consideration.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
phinsfansc wrote:
Miami could always break away from those principals, but they have not shown that to be the case so far in there 2 years in the draft. This team likes size.


Pat White, Davone Bess, JD Folsom...

Regardless, how in the world is Jerry Hughes undersized?

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Iowafin wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Miami could always break away from those principals, but they have not shown that to be the case so far in there 2 years in the draft. This team likes size.


Pat White, Davone Bess, JD Folsom...

Regardless, how in the world is Jerry Hughes undersized?


Hughes is 6'2, 255. Not too undersized, and I can definiely see Miami taking him, but he is a bit undersized for a Parcells OLB.

As far as the 3 players though, Folsom was a 7th round pick, Bess was undrafted, and White was....IDK what to call that pick. But we're talking #12 overall here. I don't think they take a "chance" on a smaller player.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:31 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Along with graham. his almost 6'2" and 260. I think him and hughes are pretty darn big boys. They have enough size to fight to get to the rb and speed to harass the QB every down.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3424
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Iowafin wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Miami could always break away from those principals, but they have not shown that to be the case so far in there 2 years in the draft. This team likes size.


Pat White, Davone Bess, JD Folsom...

Regardless, how in the world is Jerry Hughes undersized?


Iowafin, you are always talking about doing research, well do some research and look at the average size of the OLB Parcells has taken over the years.

When it comes to OL & DL personnel, DB & LB, this regime likes size. There are always exceptions, mostly with skill position players.

Like I said also in my post, Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel and Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald have written articles about the prototype that Miami likes at the OLB position, the size they want. Go find the articles.

If the Dolphins select Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham, I would be elated, but the size issues is something this team does look at.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
I think we trade down and get an actual free safety. Not a SS convert.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
phinsfansc wrote:
Iowafin, you are always talking about doing research, well do some research and look at the average size of the OLB Parcells has taken over the years.

When it comes to OL & DL personnel, DB & LB, this regime likes size. There are always exceptions, mostly with skill position players.

Like I said also in my post, Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel and Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald have written articles about the prototype that Miami likes at the OLB position, the size they want. Go find the articles.

If the Dolphins select Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham, I would be elated, but the size issues is something this team does look at.


Yeah, everybody talks about it...and even you said there are exceptions. Doesn't everyone like a bigger player, but it doesn't matter if a smaller player is better? Seems trivial.
I did do my research. JD Folsom was just drafted last year. The guy is 228 pounds.

Parcells drafted James Farrior- 6'2" 248lbs
Markus Steele- 6'3" 240lbs
Anthony Spencer- 6'3" 255

Jerry Hughes- 6'2" 257lbs

This size thing is hogwash. Especially when you think 6'2" 257 is small.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:02 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 228
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
phinsfansc wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Miami could always break away from those principals, but they have not shown that to be the case so far in there 2 years in the draft. This team likes size.


Pat White, Davone Bess, JD Folsom...

Regardless, how in the world is Jerry Hughes undersized?


Iowafin, you are always talking about doing research, well do some research and look at the average size of the OLB Parcells has taken over the years.

When it comes to OL & DL personnel, DB & LB, this regime likes size. There are always exceptions, mostly with skill position players.

Like I said also in my post, Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel and Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald have written articles about the prototype that Miami likes at the OLB position, the size they want. Go find the articles.

If the Dolphins select Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham, I would be elated, but the size issues is something this team does look at.


Hope they get over this "undersized" thing. There were a lot of players who were at the top of the rankings in sack totals that were 6'2" or shorter. Some of the notables: Elvis Dumervil is 5'11" 248# (led the league with 17 sacks), Dwight Freeney is 6'1" 268# (had 13.5 sacks), Lamar Woodley is 6'2" 260# (had 13.5 sacks), James Harrison is 6'0" 242# (had 10 sacks).


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 228
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Iowafin wrote:
This size thing is hogwash. Especially when you think 6'2" 257 is small.


100% Agreed.

It's not the size of the player that matters, it's how you use them.

Remember what Mike Nolan did with little tiny undersized Elvis Dumervil.......?


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3424
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Iowafin wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Iowafin, you are always talking about doing research, well do some research and look at the average size of the OLB Parcells has taken over the years.

When it comes to OL & DL personnel, DB & LB, this regime likes size. There are always exceptions, mostly with skill position players.

Like I said also in my post, Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel and Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald have written articles about the prototype that Miami likes at the OLB position, the size they want. Go find the articles.

If the Dolphins select Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham, I would be elated, but the size issues is something this team does look at.


Yeah, everybody talks about it...and even you said there are exceptions. Doesn't everyone like a bigger player, but it doesn't matter if a smaller player is better? Seems trivial.
I did do my research. JD Folsom was just drafted last year. The guy is 228 pounds.

Parcells drafted James Farrior- 6'2" 248lbs
Markus Steele- 6'3" 240lbs
Anthony Spencer- 6'3" 255

Jerry Hughes- 6'2" 257lbs

This size thing is hogwash. Especially when you think 6'2" 257 is small.


If you think it hogwash, fine. You think what you want. As I have said, it they select Graham or Hughes, I would be more than happy.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:09 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
phinsfansc wrote:
If you think it hogwash, fine. You think what you want. As I have said, it they select Graham or Hughes, I would be more than happy.


What is hogwash is your claim that they have a "strict prototype in regards to size."

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:11 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
I personally just look at there weight. The height might be good in coverage, but I believe it's overrated if you read the routes correctly. But it's all about the weight. All these guys are 250lbs+. That is a big dude. Pack that on a small frame and you have some one that will have more leverage and always be the one to get lower. I rather have a 6' guy built right than a 250lb guy thats 6'6". They are like a bowling ball coming at someone full speed, and for those who care about height. Just remember what maurice jones drew did to merriman. he's short but boy does he have some weight in all the right places.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3424
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Iowafin wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
If you think it hogwash, fine. You think what you want. As I have said, it they select Graham or Hughes, I would be more than happy.


What is hogwash is your claim that they have a "strict prototype in regards to size."


I did not claim anything. I read articles written by guys that get paid to cover the Dolphins and this is what they have stated. I have the article posted from Salguero. Why don't you take the time to find the one from Omar Kelly.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
MIAcubano13 wrote:
I personally just look at there weight. The height might be good in coverage, but I believe it's overrated if you read the routes correctly. But it's all about the weight. All these guys are 250lbs+. That is a big dude. Pack that on a small frame and you have some one that will have more leverage and always be the one to get lower. I rather have a 6' guy built right than a 250lb guy thats 6'6". They are like a bowling ball coming at someone full speed, and for those who care about height. Just remember what maurice jones drew did to merriman. he's short but boy does he have some weight in all the right places.


I agree that the height is overrated...because it's not height that teams look at it....it's wingspan. If you have long arms and you put your hands on a guys' chest, he's going to have a heck of a time moving you. Same goes for linemen. The longer the arms, the more leverage you can get.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
phinsfansc wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
If you think it hogwash, fine. You think what you want. As I have said, it they select Graham or Hughes, I would be more than happy.


What is hogwash is your claim that they have a "strict prototype in regards to size."


I did not claim anything. I read articles written by guys that get paid to cover the Dolphins and this is what they have stated. I have the article posted from Salguero. Why don't you take the time to find the one from Omar Kelly.


Fine, Armando and Omar's claims that this regime has a "strict prototype in regards to size" is hogwash. I listed 4 guys up there that are not "prototypical" sized players that Parcells has drafted.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:52 am
Posts: 68
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
if we dont trade down, i picked pierre-paul, because no one else did :ann0y:


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
iowa, this is the most ridiculous argument you have ever stirred up.

"What is hogwash is your claim that they have a "strict prototype in regards to size."

Are you kidding me? No seriously, was that a joke?? Jeff Ireland himself said that they don't go for udnersized players. SAID IT HIMSELF. He said that SOMETIMES they will take a guy who is a half inch, or quarter inch smaller than they like, but that's it.

You go ahead and find 3 or 4 guys who are "undersized". How about I go find the dozens that BP has drafted over the years.

And BTW, how is Spencer undersized? 6'3, 260...that's exactly they're protoypical size.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3424
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
I am going to say this one more time, if the Dolphins draft either Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes, I will be happy. They are good football players that can help the Dolphins.

I just pointed out what folks that cover the team had to say about history with Parcells. You think they are full it, and that fine with me. I could care less.

In the end, I just want to see Miami pick players that can help the team and I don't really care if you or myself like the players. As long as they help the team, that all that matters to me.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Phins Rock wrote:
iowa, this is the most ridiculous argument you have ever stirred up.

"What is hogwash is your claim that they have a "strict prototype in regards to size."

Are you kidding me? No seriously, was that a joke?? Jeff Ireland himself said that they don't go for udnersized players. SAID IT HIMSELF. He said that SOMETIMES they will take a guy who is a half inch, or quarter inch smaller than they like, but that's it.

You go ahead and find 3 or 4 guys who are "undersized". How about I go find the dozens that BP has drafted over the years.

And BTW, how is Spencer undersized? 6'3, 260...that's exactly they're protoypical size.


So because Ireland said it makes it true? How many things has he said that have been straight up lies?

You need to calm down. I don't know, how IS Spencer undersized? He's the same size as Hughes. Not 260, but 255. Hughes is 6'2" 255, Spencer is 6'3" 255....but yet Hughes is undersized?
So I was going with the assumption that Spencer was undersized as well. I found 4, not 3 or 4. I can find more...but if it's so strict, there shouldn't be any, right? SC wanted to make it about OLB's....Parcells has not drafted "dozens" of OLB's but you can go ahead and find those dozens. I'd be happy to see the untrue list you crop up with.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
phinsfansc wrote:
I am going to say this one more time, if the Dolphins draft either Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes, I will be happy. They are good football players that can help the Dolphins.

I just pointed out what folks that cover the team had to say about history with Parcells. You think they are full it, and that fine with me. I could care less.

In the end, I just want to see Miami pick players that can help the team and I don't really care if you or myself like the players. As long as they help the team, that all that matters to me.


You said we would be making a mistake if we didn't take into considering the "strict prototype in regards to size," when this strictness is actually very lax when you look at who Parcells has drafted. It's not strict at all. Like I said, every team wants bigger players.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:31 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
So how bout size or not, whom ever we choose on thursday, friday, and saturday is gonna make this team better and a competitor someway or another. Whether we draft andre the giant or mini me. We are going to get playmakers and we are going to succeed. It's going to be a great weekend for the Phins gentlemen. Now thats a Harding guarantee (quote from the goods)......sorry watched it last night

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3424
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Iowafin wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
I am going to say this one more time, if the Dolphins draft either Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes, I will be happy. They are good football players that can help the Dolphins.

I just pointed out what folks that cover the team had to say about history with Parcells. You think they are full it, and that fine with me. I could care less.

In the end, I just want to see Miami pick players that can help the team and I don't really care if you or myself like the players. As long as they help the team, that all that matters to me.


You said we would be making a mistake if we didn't take into considering the "strict prototype in regards to size," when this strictness is actually very lax when you look at who Parcells has drafted. It's not strict at all. Like I said, every team wants bigger players.


Yes I made that statement and I do think this is a group that likes there OLB 6'3 or taller and in the 245-265 lbs range. No organization goes to the exact measurement, but they do try to stay within a range, so that was a mistake on my part in saying they are "strict".

We will see how it plays out and will leave it at that and leave this post alone.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
iowa, this is the most ridiculous argument you have ever stirred up.

"What is hogwash is your claim that they have a "strict prototype in regards to size."

Are you kidding me? No seriously, was that a joke?? Jeff Ireland himself said that they don't go for udnersized players. SAID IT HIMSELF. He said that SOMETIMES they will take a guy who is a half inch, or quarter inch smaller than they like, but that's it.

You go ahead and find 3 or 4 guys who are "undersized". How about I go find the dozens that BP has drafted over the years.

And BTW, how is Spencer undersized? 6'3, 260...that's exactly they're protoypical size.


So because Ireland said it makes it true? How many things has he said that have been straight up lies?

You need to calm down. I don't know, how IS Spencer undersized? He's the same size as Hughes. Not 260, but 255. Hughes is 6'2" 255, Spencer is 6'3" 255....but yet Hughes is undersized?
So I was going with the assumption that Spencer was undersized as well. I found 4, not 3 or 4. I can find more...but if it's so strict, there shouldn't be any, right? SC wanted to make it about OLB's....Parcells has not drafted "dozens" of OLB's but you can go ahead and find those dozens. I'd be happy to see the untrue list you crop up with.


I'm with you that Hughes is not that undersized. He doesn't fit the prototypical size to the centimeter, but he's pretty well built.

I went off a little too much on my last post. I apologize for that. I've had a bad day, and the Bruins aren't exactly making it better right now, (somebody needs to tell Ryan Miller that what he is doing is illegal).

As far as drafting guys in the proto-typical size just visit this:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/hi ... &x=33&y=12


Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2435
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
I see us going defense for sure now. Even if we stay at #12, I think Earl Grey is gone by then. McLain would be nice, but we need more help at OLB at this point. I don't think any of the DT's are worth a high pick. So....I see us going with Sergio Kindle.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Phins Rock wrote:
I went off a little too much on my last post. I apologize for that. I've had a bad day, and the Bruins aren't exactly making it better right now, (somebody needs to tell Ryan Miller that what he is doing is illegal).


Lol...sports make your emotions run high. Apology accepted, and thanks for the explanation.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Just because we got Dansby don't count out Rolando Mcclain!!!!


Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1178
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
I know this is pretty weird but what if we trade Ronnie for a second round pick, take Tebow 1st?

Maybe we have another level planned for this seasons offense

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:36 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Steve Zissou wrote:
I know this is pretty weird but what if we trade Ronnie for a second round pick, take Tebow 1st?

Maybe we have another level planned for this seasons offense


"What you just said, is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having heard it."

Tebow? Really? Not only is he a reach at 12, he won't be the BPA and he won't fill a need. For the record, I chose Dez Bryant, not because I think it'll happen -- it won't. But at 12, he will likely be the Best Player Available and I am a huge believer in BPA when it comes to your first overall selection. Draft for need later.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 228
Post Re: Who does Miami select Thursday Night
Steve Zissou wrote:
I know this is pretty weird but what if we trade Ronnie for a second round pick, take Tebow 1st?

Maybe we have another level planned for this seasons offense


I love the idea, but not in the first....maybe the second if a trade works out. Cut ties with Pat White, and revive the wildcat with him as the "wildcat QB". You can't take away what Tebow would bring to the locker room. I am hearing that Minnesota is looking to draft Tebow, which would reunite him with Harvin. I just don't see it happening in Miami though.

MNDolfan wrote:
For the record, I chose Dez Bryant, not because I think it'll happen -- it won't. But at 12, he will likely be the Best Player Available and I am a huge believer in BPA when it comes to your first overall selection. Draft for need later.


I am also a big believer in using the first round pick in the best player available, whether it be a need or not or whether it is Bryant or Spiller.

Could you imagine if no team would want to trade up with Miami at #12 and the worst case scenario would be having to choose between players like Bryant or Spiller.....would be a dream come true.


Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.