View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ed Reed says Patriots and Dolphins also called 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Ed Reed says Patriots and Dolphins also called
Quote:
Ed Reed says Patriots and Dolphins also called

Veteran safety Ed Reed was quick to cut a deal with the Jets, but said upon his arrival in New York that the Patriots and Dolphins also touched base over the last 24 hours.

“I don’t think either one of them wanted me in their conference,” Reed said, via Darryl Slater of the Newark Star-Ledger.

While the admiration Patriots coach Bill Belichick has for Reed is well-documented, the Dolphins pursuit seems unusual (or either a PR ploy to make everybody look at something other than Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin).

Reed said he was confident that he could still play at a high level, saying: “I don’t think I’d be here if they [the Jets] didn’t think that,” he said. “I know what I know. I know what I feel and I know what I put into my offseason workout.”

He also took offense at the suggestion he was old and washed up, saying he was unfairly portrayed as having lost a step during his short stint with the Texans.

“When you critique me, you’ve got to critique everybody,” he said. “But it seems that Ed Reed is held to a higher standard – and I created that monster. I’ve been blessed to create that monster. I love it. I’m all for it.”

What he can offer the Jets remains to be seen, but the fact there was a degree of demand — especially within the division — justifies the purchase for the Jets regardless.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... so-called/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:38 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Ed Reed says Patriots and Dolphins also called
The hell? Not only is he done, but we already have a good FS in Clemons.

Yeah, in Clemons' contract year let's sign Reed to piss him off…Sounds like a great plan, guys.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:07 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Clemons is a good FS? I guess good in that we're not giving up a lot of deep passes? Because the guy has very few impact plays.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

He also took offense at the suggestion he was old and washed up, saying he was unfairly portrayed as having lost a step during his short stint with the Texans.

“When you critique me, you’ve got to critique everybody,” he said. “But it seems that Ed Reed is held to a higher standard – and I created that monster. I’ve been blessed to create that monster. I love it. I’m all for it.”

PR, now you have created Murphy's Law when Miami plays the Jets!! I sure hope we don't see a pick six from him now!

:haha

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:03 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I have no problem with the Dolphins inviting Ed Reed to join the team. As he gets healthier he'll play better, but he is not the player he was in his prime. I think his personality would have added a tougher attitude to this defense as he is leader. I think we could have used him in a rotation with Clemons.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]