View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Overall #3 pick Dion Jordan played on only 9 snaps vs Bucs 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Overall #3 pick Dion Jordan played on only 9 snaps vs Bucs
Could we have been worst against the run with Jordan in there against the Bucs? That would be a 'no'.

:headscratch

Quote:
Dolphins DC Kevin Coyle said he has no intention to increase DE/OLB Dion Jordan's role. Jordan, the No. 3 overall pick in the draft, is serving as a situational pass-rusher. The Dolphins don't trust him to play against the run, so he played on just nine defensive snaps against the Bucs on Monday night. For the season, Jordan has played on 178-of-672 snaps (26.4 percent). He has one sack and 11 tackles.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8384/dion-jordan

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:37 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Overall #3 pick Dion Jordan played on only 9 snaps vs Bucs
No doubt a head scratcher and just another data point suggesting either Ireland is a complete failure in the 2013 draft or Philbin and company are a clueless bunch. Neither is a good thing for this team.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:42 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Business Insider wrote:
The Third Pick From The NFL Draft Is Barely Playing, And It's A Disaster For Miami's GM

More than halfway through his rookie year, Miami Dolphins pass rusher Dion Jordan has only one sack and his playing time is diminishing.

Jordan only played nine snaps against the Bucs in Week 10. This week, Dolphins defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle put it bluntly when he said Jordan's playing time wouldn't increase any time soon because he's hopeless against the run.

It's a burgeoning disaster for general manager Jeff Ireland — who is already on shaky ground for the Dolphins bullying scandal.

Ireland gave up a first-round pick (12th overall) and a second-round pick (42nd overall) to move to to the third-overall pick to draft Jordan.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dion-jor ... nd-2013-11

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Everytime Jordan is on the field, he makes things happen. This "weak against the run" excuse is bunk.

Jason Taylor was weak against the run early in his career. This guy is in the same mold. But he actually needs snaps to produce.

And by the way... Olivier Vernon did a terrible job of setting the edge against the Bucs, so if both of them are weak against the run, I'd rather take the guy that will at least pressure the QB.

More evidence of inept, inflexible coaching.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Quote:
Everytime Jordan is on the field, he makes things happen. This "weak against the run" excuse is bunk.

I've watched him...he actually doesn't do that poorly. As a matter of fact if you're going to bench a guy for over emphasizing his pass rush...go count how many times Cameron Wake blew by the RB on the way to the QB. Jordan, as I watched him, is a lot like Wake. He gets upfield fast but does recover well when he's fooled. In the meantime, you have Vernon who is marginal at both stopping the run and pass rush. :boo:

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:51 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I just keep wondering if the 3-4 with Odrick, Starks and Soliai up front, and LBs Jordan, Misi, Ellerbe and Wake wouldn't have been a nightmare for OC's.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:44 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

jammer wrote:
I just keep wondering if the 3-4 with Odrick, Starks and Soliai up front, and LBs Jordan, Misi, Ellerbe and Wake wouldn't have been a nightmare for OC's.

It would be a much better look than the current set.

I've always thought Misi would make a good 34 ILB.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:47 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:

I'm ready to jettison this whole group of coaches. I've never been so disappointed in the coaching. I think if Wannstedt had this talent he would do better.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

When I was at the Buc's game I pointed out that Jordan was a #3 overall pick Miami traded up to grab playing on special teams on the kick off return team.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:46 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The bottomline is that the D sucks....start Jordan and get the young DBs involved. BTW, get Dallas in as well, could it hurt? Come on coaches.....nevermind, keep doing what you are doing, you'll be fired.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]