View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
 Blow it up 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Blow it up
Fire them all.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:38 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Blow it up
Thanks for jumping on Rich. We're glad to have you on board.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:39 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm officially on board. Salvage what you can from the decent players.

This is just embarrassing.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:41 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
Thanks for jumping on Rich. We're glad to have you on board.

I posted the original blow it up thread.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:41 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'm more disgusted with this team then I was with the 1-15 team.
They came out flat and that's on coaching.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Just dont understand this

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:43 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Sadly I completely agree. I haven't posted much here, but I pretty much read this forum most everyday. I've been a fan since I was young in the 80's. Plain and simple. I'm tired of losing. I'm tired of being the joke of the league. I'm tired of it. I tired of being mocked for being a Dolphins fan. I'm tired of getting hopes up over nothing. I wanted to believe even after all the issues and I didn't want to once again spend years "rebuilding" but I'm at the point, blow it up. Fire everyone and lets start with something better. I'm sick of waiting, but I can't deal with this. It's just sad. Very sad. Please for the love God fix this Mr. Ross...

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Haha wrote:
I'm more disgusted with this team then I was with the 1-15 team.
They came out flat and that's on coaching.

They had a chance to put it away and called a stupid run to Thomas and a designed TE screen.

Where was the rollout pass that scored multiple times in previous games? I don't get it.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Yeap time to blow it up again. I'm on the bus late but there's no excuse for this outside of poor coa ching

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:45 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I'm on board with it as well. This team has regressed so badly from the promise of that 3-0 start, and it just stunning.

The OL pretty much needs to be rebuilt, the DL has some key personnel that will be FA in Randy Starks and Paul Soliai, and even with them the run defense has been bad. Ellerbe and Wheeler have been disappointments.

And to top it all, the coaching staff has just been abysmal since the 3-0 start.

It REALLY hard being a Dolphins fan right now, but you keep holding on, hoping something finally is done to get this team back on track.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Good point about the D-line Tony. They gave up another 150+ yards rushing. When the strength of your team sucks you're in trouble.

If Tannehill isn't in that locker room taking command then send his butt packing too. This team needs a true leader in the worst way.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dumbest coaches in the league

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:32 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Not with the idea of blowing it up yet, but I certainly understand the feeling.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jessman2002 wrote:
I'm tired of losing. I'm tired of being the joke of the league. I'm tired of it. I tired of being mocked for being a Dolphins fan.

Those dudes on the field tonight were the suckers, you just watch the game. It's the dudes in pads who are a joke, not you lol. Don't let it get to you. 3-0 to 1-5 does suck though. Philbin is a broken record every post game conference. Whatever. Ireland is public enemy #1 in my eyes though.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:42 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ireland has to go. They keep drafting linemen on the D and O, but both lines suck. You go after a WR whose strength is running down deep balls....but your line and system don't call for that. Duh....You trade away good, or at least serviceable players every year and they become solid starters or stars elsewhere.

The coaching staff also sucks. The team is always making dumb mental mistakes, lacks toughness and typically gets their butt handed to them by opponent's adjustments after halftime. What the hell is Thigpen doing fielding a punt at the 5 before that final drive....???? You have to let that roll OOB.....that kind of crap is on the coaches. It should be the last thing the coach tells the guy before he steps on the field. Hey Thigpen, don't screw us by fielding a punt inside the 10 again....
The stupid personal foul was also indicative of bad coaching. Tampa Bay's coaches helped all they could, but our staff is even worse.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:45 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Im hating this team, but Im not onboard with blowing it all up again. Every few years in the coaching carousel you may find a Mike Smith or Jim/John Harbaugh but you get coaches that are going to struggle. They make corrections (firing staff) and make adjustments. We have to give them time. Philbin has been on the job 1 1/2 years. Are we a better team now than we were with Sparano? I would say yes but marginally. But there is more potential now.

We have upgraded our Defense, but the coaching needs to get better.
Chicago changed their OL around in a year. We should be able to do that.
We have no offensive identity. Fire the OC and get a creative one in here that can use the talent thats there.
Our level of play has risen (at times) since Sparano. We need consistency.

I believe that they are on the right path, they need a little time. Next year we should not be saying any of this and we should be in the playoffs....period.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:46 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think there is alot to work with for the right GM and coach.
We absolutely need to rebuild the O-line in the offseason.
I like the defense for the most part, it should only get better as our rooks get healthy and mature.
I think the offense is missing a tall downfield strider/red zone presence (I.E. V-Jax/Jordy Nelson/Riley Cooper)....outside of that we have some nice receivers.....I like Clay as a chess piece but would love to draft a tight end like Eric Ebron or Austin Seferian-Jenkins.
But the focus of the offseason needs to be the offensive line. I want 2 free agents and 2 more draft picks spent on the line.

so that's 2 linemen through free agency (maybe Jared Veldheer and Jon Asamoah)

and our first 4 draft picks should be OT/TE/OG/WR

This would make a world of difference in my opinion.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:03 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
I'm on board with it as well. This team has regressed so badly from the promise of that 3-0 start, and it just stunning.

Yep, I'm on the bus now. I think the Bengals game gave me some hope that possibly things could turn around, but it seemed that only a few players showed up last night. It is impossible to support this staff as often as I've tried.

phinsfansc wrote:
The OL pretty much needs to be rebuilt, the DL has some key personnel that will be FA in Randy Starks and Paul Soliai, and even with them the run defense has been bad. Ellerbe and Wheeler have been disappointments.

Same old, same old about this offensive line. As far as the defense, you could insert any running back in the NFL last night and they would have gashed us up and down the field. And to have another rookie quarterback of fill in beat us ... I am just embarrassed at this team from the top down.

phinsfansc wrote:
And to top it all, the coaching staff has just been abysmal since the 3-0 start.

I couldn't figure out why we kept running Turtle Thomas (as Coots calls him) on the outside when Lamar Miller couldn't get there. It's pretty obvious that our tackles cannot seal the edge for these type of runs. Why couldn't our defense adjust to the run game? That should have been our main focus this game and force pencil neck Glennon to carry the offense.

phinsfansc wrote:
It REALLY hard being a Dolphins fan right now, but you keep holding on, hoping something finally is done to get this team back on track.

I think this team is done. I don't see the fire in them any longer. Once again when a team goes on an offseason spending spree it backfires.

The Phinfever Super Bowl Bus is out of commission.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 am
Profile WWW

I love that the title to this thread is Blow it Up , yet after a loss to a winless team , 1-5 in our last 6 , and with recent non football events someone still thinks we are on the right path.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:24 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
I love that the title to this thread is Blow it Up , yet after a loss to a winless team , 1-5 in our last 6 , and with recent non football events someone still thinks we are on the right path.

Who said that they thought we are on the right path?

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:36 am

AQNOR wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Quote:
I believe that they are on the right path

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Quote:

Thanks. I totally missed that. Need to enroll in a reading comprehension course.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:43 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If it is blown up what are the questions to ask? I'll start with a few:

Is your QB capable of being more than a caretaker? Can a new coach get something dynamic out of him? Do you build around him?

Is Pouncey worth keeping or does the entire line go?

Is their an alpha receiver on this team? Is it simply play design holding some guys back?

3-4 or 4-3? Which DL free agents do you keep?

Would you scrap high salary, low productivity guys after just 1 year (Wallace, Wheeler)?

How do you create an atmosphere that attracts free agents?

We could go on and on, but simply getting rid of coaches isn't enough. There needs to be an honest conversations about the players and their ability to execute.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:24 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
If it is blown up what are the questions to ask? I'll start with a few:

Is your QB capable of being more than a caretaker? Can a new coach get something dynamic out of him? Do you build around him?

Is Pouncey worth keeping or does the entire line go?

Is their an alpha receiver on this team? Is it simply play design holding some guys back?

3-4 or 4-3? Which DL free agents do you keep?

Would you scrap high salary, low productivity guys after just 1 year (Wallace, Wheeler)?

How do you create an atmosphere that attracts free agents?

We could go on and on, but simply getting rid of coaches isn't enough. There needs to be an honest conversations about the players and their ability to execute.

I hate to say it but a caretaker Quarterback is exactly what we need, when the Patriots were winning superbowls Brady was in caretaker mode,Eli in 2008 with the Giants, Brad Johnson in Tampa, Dilfer and Flacco in Baltimore, Troy Aikman in Dallas, Joe Montana "I throw balloons at darts" in San Fran.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:53 am
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

I've said it for years. No winning attitude from owners on down. It's more fun to drive ferraris on south beach than winning football games. I think I'm done with the dolphins. It's sad.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:01 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

.........sigh

Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:17 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I guess at this point everyone has to go.......but I think it's more about coaching than the players. Saying that, I'm going to give Ireland some credit. I think he has the right philosophy.......keep the team young.......don't pay big contracts for veteran players in their twilight. Also, It was reported that Philbin was Ross' choice and Ireland favored Mike McCoy.........I think that's a key point, one in which Ross is quite aware.

Some are trying to blame Ireland for the bullying fiasco, but up until two weeks ago, Incognito was considered a great FA pickup. Martin was a serviceable tackle...........that didn't live up to his potential, but it's unfair to say Ireland should have realized the Kid was going to have a mental breakdown and create a nightmare for the team.

Philbin and the coaching staff have to go...........but I remain on the fence about Ireland...........with better coaching this team would be 7-2 right now.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Alex13 wrote:
I hate to say it but a caretaker Quarterback is exactly what we need, when the Patriots were winning superbowls Brady was in caretaker mode,Eli in 2008 with the Giants, Brad Johnson in Tampa, Dilfer and Flacco in Baltimore, Troy Aikman in Dallas, Joe Montana "I throw balloons at darts" in San Fran.

I think Tannehill could be a fine caretaker QB behind a decent line and a ground game. But guys you're pointing out played in a different era and most of them could put a team on the shoulders when needed.

While its tempting, I'm not giving up on Tannehill yet. He makes some awesome throws and will put up more TD passes this year than any QB since Marino. But are you seeing a guy that a coach would want to build around? If I were the new GM I wouldn't hesitate to draft some competition.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:27 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If Philbin goes, Ireland most certainly needs to go. My main concern is who we replace these guys with. Our owners seem incapable of hiring the right guys. As for Tannehil, if this season doesn't permanently damage him, I still think he is our qb of the future. We need to build some talent around him and an offense that fits his strengths. Sherman has no clue.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I am starting to be more concerned that Tannehill is not the right guy either. He makes fine throws in that short to medium zone, but his deep ball sucks. You need to be able to see and use the whole field to win in the NFL. If you can't do that, then the opposing defense has a much easier job to do. I thought Tannehill was supposed to have a strong arm, but all his deep balls seem to be underthrown these days.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:27 pm

otowndolfan13 wrote:

You believe that a guy who needs flash cards to talk to his players in the locker room and hasn't noticed that his QB says GO GO before EVERY SINGLE run play is on the right path?

This head coach is inept.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I do not know who the right answer is and after initially being for Philbin, he is just too stoic for me.

I would love to have a Bill Cowher type in with fire in his belly.

Perhaps Miami needs to trade a draft pick for an existing coach. Isn't that how we originally got Don Shula from Baltimore? Didn't NE give the Jets a draft pick for Belicheck?

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:38 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phin wrote:
If Philbin goes, Ireland most certainly needs to go. My main concern is who we replace these guys with. Our owners seem incapable of hiring the right guys. As for Tannehil, if this season doesn't permanently damage him, I still think he is our qb of the future. We need to build some talent around him and an offense that fits his strengths. Sherman has no clue.

Miami is enept at hiring the right GM, right coach, drafting the right players etc.. When they stumble into a good move it back fires or they give up at the first sign of trouble.

Miami coaches have lacked a backbone for far to many yrs.

Tired of hiring about how the 2nd guy on the power poll want this guy who turned into a stud, but the man making the call wanted another & he turns into a bust.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]