View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
 Mike Wallace is awful. 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Mike Wallace is awful.
I have come to the conclusion that it's not the system that makes him suck... HE JUST SUCKS.
He doesn't look alive ever.. He runs his routes so lazy and half awake. He doesn't go up for the ball. Yeah sure he jumps, but he jumps away from the ball...

He is simply collecting a pay check. Trade his butt please. And draft a stud.

Bright spot, Matthews looks so good. Sad he will get tossed when a new coaching staff comes to play.

I am in full agreement now fire Philbin, Sherman, Coyle, Ireland, and everyone in between.

Keep Tannehill hopefully he isn't ruined by this circus at the end of it all.

Hopefully they get a good draft pick as I wont be watching, paying attention to or even trying listen to anything Dolphins related this season.

I watched EVERY single game during the 1-15 season and celebrated when they won.
This is worse, and I don't know why. Maybe it's because that team lacked talent, coaching but were so hungry each week and never gave up. This team has all the talent but aside from a few players aren't hungry. They can't get it done.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:56 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Mike Wallace is awful.
He was great in Pittsburgh....look around at all the former Dolhins playing well around the league. Wake would have 20 sacks anywhere else. Our coaches sick . Ireland needs to go. Philbin and Sherman need to be unemloyed

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:03 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

NFLJunkie wrote:
He was great in Pittsburgh....look around at all the former Dolhins playing well around the league. Wake would have 20 sacks anywhere else. Our coaches sick . Ireland needs to go. Philbin and Sherman need to be unemloyed

Agreed. Why can't Miami hit on a effin coach?

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:05 am

Because just like Peyton and Harbaugh...they want nothing to do with this cursed franchise

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:08 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Ireland is on the hook here for paying this loser $60 million

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:23 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Wallace has always been a sloppy receiver....but he can catch bombs.....when the ball gets to him.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tannehill missed a wide open Wallace again tonight. His arm is questionable. He underthrows Wallace consistently. Tonight's throw was underthrown and OOB. Awful. If he hits Wallace in stride, it was an easy TD.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:48 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Wallace is trash. I'm not so certain he catches it.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:49 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Haha wrote:
Wallace is trash. I'm not so certain he catches it.

He caught it.....OOB.....

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:52 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Tannehill gave away 6 on that play.....everyone has to admit to that. He has a great mid-range game....but his deep passes need tons of improvement.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:03 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Wallace needs to catch the ball when it is thrown to him. I know the number of recorded drops arent close to the number that he actually has dropped. To his defense, they are not using him like they did in Pittsburgh and Tanny has underthrown him all year! I agree on his effort though. It needs to be much more if he is getting paid like a number 1 WR. Almost like I see shades of Ted Ginn out there.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:26 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I was at the game last night. Why didn't Sherman call any more deep passes? Wallace was 3 yards behind Revis on the pass out of bounds. The play at the end of the game was the next deep throw to Wallace. Also 14 rushes for 2 yards will not win anywhere.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:25 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Tannehill missed a wide open Wallace again tonight. His arm is questionable. He underthrows Wallace consistently. Tonight's throw was underthrown and OOB. Awful. If he hits Wallace in stride, it was an easy TD.

Tannehill had a good night last night, but for some reason he and Wallace can't get together.

Quote:
Ryan Tannehill - QB - Dolphins

Tannehill was one of the few Dolphins to really show up on Monday night. He showed good chemistry with new slot receiver Rishard Matthews, targeting him 14 times and hooking up on 11 of those passes for 120 yards and both touchdowns. Tannehill really only had one bad throw. He missed a wide-open Mike Wallace down the right sideline for what would have been a 30-plus-yard pickup. The ball was thrown out of bounds. Wallace couldn't beat Darrelle Revis the rest of the night. The Miami rushing attack did nothing, rushing for just two yards on 13 carries. This Dolphins team is spiraling out of control quickly. At 4-5, they'll host the Chargers in Week 11.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7417/ryan-tannehill

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

On top of everything else, we had better hope Tannehill is not part of the problem.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:36 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
Tannehill had a good night last night.

Tannehill had a good drive to close out the first half and then he got points on the board when either the defense or special teams put him deep in enemy territory. Not sure I'd argue he had a good night although it is not totally his fault.

His inability to hook up with Wallace is inexplicable. Its also probably why he isn't taking more shots down field in general...lack of confidence. It is part of what is holding the offense back.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:30 am

So much for them working out together in the off season and building up their chemistry while knocking Brady for not doing the same.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:46 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
So much for them working out together in the off season and building up their chemistry while knocking Brady for not doing the same.

Its pointed out every game in warm ups how Tannehill and Hartline are throwing and prepping. You always see them discussing on the sideline as well.

PR is correct in saying that Tannehill needs a big target, possession guy. Eating crow again I'll just add that I wonder how Marshall would have done with him. Or is there a big target TE Miami can go after?

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:52 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Its pointed out every game in warm ups how Tannehill and Hartline are throwing and prepping. You always see them discussing on the sideline as well.

PR is correct in saying that Tannehill needs a big target, possession guy. Eating crow again I'll just add that I wonder how Marshall would have done with him. Or is there a big target TE Miami can go after?

I have been disappointed in the amount of passes that Wallace doesn't hang onto. And I am just as disappointed in how the Dolphins use Wallace. Because of the salary cap numbers Miami is on the hook with Wallace and he will be a Dolphin for a a couple more years. But I will say this. The lack of a consistent running game really hurts this offense. Play action passing doesn't work if you can't run the ball consistently. And I don't think Tannehill or Sherman has the confidence in the line that they will have the time to throw the ball deep. It is obvious Miami isn't good enough to overcome the dumb penalties, a struggling running game and dropped passes. They really struggle to move the chains and keep 3rd downs manageable. This is a crippled offense trying to overcome a terrible o-line. They use band aids to try and cover it up. Bringing in an extra tackle, running from the shotgun, lots of short passing, using a TE as a FB. But lets be honest they cannot run a balanced offense. And they definitely can't line up and run the football when they need too. Unfortunately there is no instant cure for this.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:26 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Tannehill gave away 6 on that play.....everyone has to admit to that.

Exactly.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:35 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Wallace didn't even try to go for the ball on that last play. He stopped running and sat there, watched the underneath guy pick it off.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:02 am
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

Makchell wrote:
Wallace didn't even try to go for the ball on that last play. He stopped running and sat there, watched the underneath guy pick it off.

This...^^^^

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Desean Jackson torches Revis and Revis is an electric blanket on Wallace. How? Wallace is just as fast and RT was having some time. Wallace sucks...

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:06 am

Makchell wrote:

4th and 28, another ball under thrown by 3 yards.....F it. Players aren't the problem. Total lack of coaching and a complete lack of discipline. Wheeler should help Ireland packing his bags and leave with him.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:14 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

On that final play, a good staff has plays to get big chunks of yardage. Our guys resort to the hail mary.

Run Wallace and another receiver deep and then have Hartline or even a tight end run a route into the zone that just got vacated when two guys went after Wallace.....seems like a higher percentage chance of picking up the first down than the hail mary pass.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:24 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
On that final play, a good staff has plays to get big chunks of yardage. Our guys resort to the hail mary.

Run Wallace and another receiver deep and then have Hartline or even a tight end run a route into the zone that just got vacated when two guys went after Wallace.....seems like a higher percentage chance of picking up the first down than the hail mary pass.

I was screaming this last night. Tannehill can't hit Wallace deep in single coverage let alone two guys in the area. Throw something shorter and use a lateral or trickery.

But what's the point? Sherman is like a kid playing Madden football who sticks to the same 4 or 5 plays when the pressure mounts. Defenses have figured it out and have ended 4th Qtr comebacks in 4 of the losses.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:37 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Have we seen the deep post play to Wallace yet? I keep seeing deep down the sideline ball which is consistently out of bounds.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:49 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Have we seen the deep post play to Wallace yet? I keep seeing deep down the sideline ball which is consistently out of bounds.

That's a darn good question. Is it even called due to the protection issues?

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Makchell wrote:

Brought this up a few weeks ago. The only deep route they run to Wallace is a straight go.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Brought this up a few weeks ago. The only deep route they run to Wallace is a straight go.

Oh good, so we have that going for us.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:27 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I thought that Wallace's contract was written in a way where we can opt out after year 2.... correct me if i am wrong, but i remember that the 60 million number was really more of a 2 year 25 million and there were opt out clauses if he didnt cut the mustard.

That was the only reason i didnt go overreaction mode when we signed him since he hasnt proven a darn thing in Pittsburgh other than the 9 route. If we can jettison him after year 2, so be it. Give him 23 more games to see if him and T Hill can develop, if not. see ya bro. Go work for 3 mill a season on the Rams or something

Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:05 pm

SkyHigh314 wrote:
I thought that Wallace's contract was written in a way where we can opt out after year 2.... correct me if i am wrong, but i remember that the 60 million number was really more of a 2 year 25 million and there were opt out clauses if he didnt cut the mustard.

That was the only reason i didnt go overreaction mode when we signed him since he hasnt proven a darn thing in Pittsburgh other than the 9 route. If we can jettison him after year 2, so be it. Give him 23 more games to see if him and T Hill can develop, if not. see ya bro. Go work for 3 mill a season on the Rams or something

Don't think so. He got a 5 year deal with 11 million signing bonus and another 19 million guaranteed in base salaries.

His 3rd year base has 3 million guaranteed in it (the last of the guaranteed dollars). So in cash, it would only cost you 3 million to cut him after next season. But because of the prorated signing bonus, you have to add 6.6 million to that number.

So we're still talking about a 10 million cap hit if we cut him…And that's after having to live with the guy for another full season.

I think there's a possibility you could trade him. You'd take a 9 million cap hit next season for doing it, (or you can split it between 2014 and 2015 I believe), but it would be slightly less than the charge for cutting him the next year, and it would get you out a year sooner. The team trading for him would take on 18 million guaranteed, which isn't bad if it's a team that likes him, and since Wallace already got paid the bonus it's likely the could restructure the deal so that his cap hit isn't 15 million for that team in 2014.

Not that you'd get a high draft pick, but it's worth making some phone calls.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]