View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Look on the bright side 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Look on the bright side
I can't speak for you guys but I can say this for myself: Miami will never fool me again. I will never get my hopes up and think "This is the year" until they actually have a 40 point lead in the Superbowl with a minute to play. I've been burned too many times and no amount of signings or management changes will give me hope again. This team will not have me hoping unless they give me reason to by the play on the field and the decisions of the coaching staff.

I know that sounds morbid, but think about it for a moment. It will be a huge relief to not expect anything anymore. We can still be fans, but it wont feel so depressing when they start a season 0-5 because you just don't care as much anymore.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:12 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Look on the bright side

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

TommyNoleFin wrote:
I can't speak for you guys but I can say this for myself: Miami will never fool me again. I will never get my hopes up and think "This is the year" until they actually have a 40 point lead in the Superbowl with a minute to play. I've been burned too many times and no amount of signings or management changes will give me hope again. This team will not have me hoping unless they give me reason to by the play on the field and the decisions of the coaching staff.

I know that sounds morbid, but think about it for a moment. It will be a huge relief to not expect anything anymore. We can still be fans, but it wont feel so depressing when they start a season 0-5 because you just don't care as much anymore.

I say that every year, but every offseason the hope returns.

Football has brought me 1000 times more pain than joy, but I keep coming back for more. I'm not sure if a Super Bowl could even make up for the past few decades.

I'm sure I'll jump on board with the next coach and star player anyway.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

We've seen about every scenario since Shula left............top level coaches, big QB signings, superstar receivers.............still the same outcome. Unless Ross buys a team like Seattle and moves everyone to Miami..........there's no real reason to get excited.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:54 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Yea that is extremely morbid!!!

Granted, the Dolphins have had a rough decade and a half, unfortunately that is mostly all i can ever remember. I am 29 years old. Ive been rocking aqua and orange since birth. Parents went to the 84 superbowl the year I was born. I remember the Marino days as distant memories of childhood. I can say I dont remember much before the 1994 Marino comeback season.... so my fandom has always been jaded, and I feel like my fandom is the curse.... havent been back to the big game since i was born...

Regardless.. Saints fans had it FAR worse than us..... what happened. Katrina.... and Brees... and ever since then they have been relevant every year (with exception of Payton's suspension year). Bountygate couldnt even keep them down, they are still a division leader....

Things can change quickly in the NFL. And good teams can stay good for a while. Miami just needs the right spark for the fire. There is enough talent on this team to be competitive.... its been that way for a few years.. Raw, Potential, whatever you want to call it.. Miami in theory could be 1 piece away from being great....... the problem is figuring out WHICH PIECE. Is it a new coach? is it another Franchise QB? Is it the right pairing with Wake? is it a stud receiver? is it a stud tailback? is it a new GM?

Could be any, could be all of those things. If Peyton Manning were a dolphin, would we be having this discussion, or would the Dolphins be a 13-3 team on playoff tears? If we drafted Jimmy Graham would things be alot different? Yea.... we are talking about possibly 1 move that would spark this team to greatness...... we've been waiting a decade and a half..... It'lll happen.... and hence I will always remain the optimist.

Watch Matthews become the next Anquan Boldin...... Watch Dion Jordan become the next Jason Taylor..... Watch Tannehill become the next Matthew Stafford..... Lamar Miller can turn into Thurman Thomas...... Michael Egnew may be the next Jeremy Shockey..... Ellerbe can be the best MLB in Dolphins history.....

We wont know what we have until we give them the time and nurturing needed to groom these players... The reputation of this team is poor! But it can change in one season!!!!

Seriously.... Look at the Chiefs. They are undefeated and the toast of the league. Last year, they were in talks of being more desperate than the Dolphins and Bills. not even 9 months later, they are getting the attention they crave.

I still will blame conspiracy by referees..... they have a vendetta against the Phins, year in and year out. But still, good teams beat the zebras and the opposing teams. One day we'll be there. It can not be futile forever

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:44 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Well I've been where Tommy's at for several years. I still watch the games but a day later. I was so tired of wasting Sunday afternoon's filled with hope only to watch debacles like this unfold. I quit directv and NFL Sunday Ticket 2 years ago. So while I was upset over Monday's loss...it was more of a shrug with the idea that this team isn't as good has we'd hoped.....again. I cringed earlier this year when people were predicting 7-9 or 8-8 but that is exactly where this team is. Every year this team's fans expect no better than around .500 and every year this team gives them what they expect.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]