View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 Bob Costas 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Bob Costas
In my opinion, Bob Costas is one the last few remaining true sports journalists. I'm sure he will weigh in on the Dolphins controversy before the Sunday night broadcast. I wonder what his take will be.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Bob Costas
rodneyfaile wrote:
In my opinion, Bob Costas is one the last few remaining true sports journalists. I'm sure he will weigh in on the Dolphins controversy before the Sunday night broadcast. I wonder what his take will be.

Whatever his take is, the fanboys will still ignore it. They tuned him out and denigrated him regarding his opinion of the Washington R*****ns, and they'll do it with the Dolphins.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:
Whatever his take is, the fanboys will still ignore it. They tuned him out and denigrated him regarding his opinion of the Washington R*****ns, and they'll do it with the Dolphins.

Says the man with an unhealthy blood thirst for this franchise.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:09 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Wow, so because I have issues with potential bullying against someone who may have a social disorder such as autism, I'm now a Dolphin-hater? **** you, **** you and the horse you rode in on.

And as I said repeatedly, I keep using the word "if" because we really don't know what's going on. I don't know, but guess what: YOU DON'T KNOW EITHER!!!! So don't test me, fella. I will not have my fandom challenged because of some meathead like you.

Last edited by DevilInPgh on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:53 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Mr. Costas probably has an opinion like others do. Not sure if he will have more information than anyone else.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:37 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:
Wow, so because I have issues with potential bullying against someone who may have a social disorder such as autism, I'm now a Dolphin-hater? F**k you, f**k you and the horse you rode in on.

And as I said repeatedly, I keep using the word "if" because we really don't know what's going on. I don't know, but guess what: YOU DON'T KNOW EITHER!!!! So don't test me, fella. I will not have my fandom challenged because of some meathead like you.

Wow. You've done lost your mind.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:41 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:
Wow, so because I have issues with potential bullying against someone who may have a social disorder such as autism, I'm now a Dolphin-hater? F**k you, f**k you and the horse you rode in on.

Wow. You've done lost your mind.

Whatever, dude. You just keep reminding me of the neighborhood bully who can't wait for kids with special needs to get off the short bus just so you can get your jollies by beating up the defenseless and stealing all of their stuff.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:
Whatever, dude. You just keep reminding me of the neighborhood bully who can't wait for kids with special needs to get off the short bus just so you can get your jollies by beating up the defenseless and stealing all of their stuff.

Let me know when you're done keyboard raging.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:51 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Let me know when you're done keyboard raging.

When you're finished questioning my fandom and calling me a troll, I'll stop.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:52 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:

Show me where I called you a troll. You're extremely high strung though.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:53 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Right here:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:01 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
Mr. Costas probably has an opinion like others do. Not sure if he will have more information than anyone else.

Yes, it will indeed be just an opinion.

He may not have MORE information, but some people are better at putting all of the available information together and presenting their opinion logically. I don't always agree with him, but I respect him more than the sensationalistic garbage that has been flung so far.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:49 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

DevilInPgh wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

I don't think Costas was ripped for his opinion so much as the fact that people don't want to hear political opinions when they tune into football. Even people who agree with Costas's opinion seemed to prefer that topic of conversation be left to political discussion shows or the news.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:07 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Costas sucks.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:55 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
I don't think Costas was ripped for his opinion so much as the fact that people don't want to hear political opinions when they tune into football. Even people who agree with Costas's opinion seemed to prefer that topic of conversation be left to political discussion shows or the news.

I once enjoyed listening to Costas, but lately he has grown less interesting with his agendas speeches..

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:19 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

rodneyfaile wrote:

I couldn't disagree much more. I don't even think he's a sports jounalist, bro. This is nothing against you of course but you're the first person I've ever heard talk about Bob in a positive light hahaha I mean that. Costas always comes across so full of himself & despite not making any event more significant he keeps getting gigs. I have such a hard time watching the Olympics because he talks so much & we see so relatively little of the events. & his gun control speech . . . come on!

Any way, you wanna know what the most racist thing that occurred in this football season is? - Bob Costas talking about the Redskins.

Native Americans were polled about the names Seminoles & Redskins and 90% said they have no problem with the names & they are not offended by them. In fact they are culturally relevant because the more fear you give to a word, the more power it has to harm (see Paula Dean).
So Costas takes this topic upon himself so he can say "Look, Im not sure you're able to understand this but you Indians should be offended by whats going on here. Maybe you think its not a big deal but I, 'the loud, elite, rich, white guy' is here to take care of this for you, since you're not able to do it for yourself."

I wouldn't mind if I never saw Bob Costas again. & I'm certainly not going to listen to anything he says about our team. Especially because he won't be reporting with the full story, or even the facts as we know them, he'll be speaking from an angle that gets controversy & ratings. He's a transparent gimmick.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:39 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I once enjoyed listening to Costas, but lately he has grown less interesting with his agendas speeches..

DPhins4me: It sounds like your dating yourself with close to the era of my growing up watching Bob Costas & Bryant Gumbel. Those two back in the 80's were my very favorite when doing the football highlights and interviews.

Steve Zissou: I can see where you have less of an interest to listen to Costas now as he does tend to speak on very high agenda items, but years ago in my opinion, he was about the best. He may chime in on Sunday from that high level view of all the nonsense the Dolphins are experiencing.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:56 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Steve Zissou wrote:
I couldn't disagree much more. I don't even think he's a sports jounalist, bro. This is nothing against you of course but you're the first person I've ever heard talk about Bob in a positive light hahaha I mean that. Costas always comes across so full of himself & despite not making any event more significant he keeps getting gigs. I have such a hard time watching the Olympics because he talks so much & we see so relatively little of the events. & his gun control speech . . . come on!

Any way, you wanna know what the most racist thing that occurred in this football season is? - Bob Costas talking about the Redskins.

Native Americans were polled about the names Seminoles & Redskins and 90% said they have no problem with the names & they are not offended by them. In fact they are culturally relevant because the more fear you give to a word, the more power it has to harm (see Paula Dean).
So Costas takes this topic upon himself so he can say "Look, Im not sure you're able to understand this but you Indians should be offended by whats going on here. Maybe you think its not a big deal but I, 'the loud, elite, rich, white guy' is here to take care of this for you, since you're not able to do it for yourself."

I wouldn't mind if I never saw Bob Costas again. & I'm certainly not going to listen to anything he says about our team. Especially because he won't be reporting with the full story, or even the facts as we know them, he'll be speaking from an angle that gets controversy & ratings. He's a transparent gimmick.

His gun control rant is what got me pissed off at him. He's a little rat. Can't stand him anymore and completely agree with you.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:23 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Right here:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Wait, I asked you to show me where I indicated you were a board troll. I said you've developed an obvious blood thirst for this franchise. How did you get "troll" from that?

Paranoia?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:44 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Paranoia?

:haha

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
Costas sucks.

I'm not a big fan of Costa's reporting football.......he needs to stick to Horse Racing & the Olympics. They need to get him off Sunday Night Football, his preaching editorials do not belong on a football sportscast.

I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about Incognito and how this is a reflection on society, maybe he'll drag in gun reform, gay rights and the Middle East into the segment. He's gotten entirely too enamored with himself.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:

DPhins4me: It sounds like your dating yourself with close to the era of my growing up watching Bob Costas & Bryant Gumbel. Those two back in the 80's were my very favorite when doing the football highlights and interviews.

I am dated. When Costas is covering sports he is at his best. He is not to the point of Keith Oldermann ( Who I use to really enjoy until he informed me how stupid he actually happens to be )

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:50 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Costas is on the verge of ruining his career. Every time he goes on one of his political rants, I turn the channel. I actually turned the game off when he went on talking about the Redskins name. Sorry, political correctness willl be one of the nails put in the coffin of this great nation.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:46 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
Wait, I asked you to show me where I indicated you were a board troll. I said you've developed an obvious blood thirst for this franchise. How did you get "troll" from that?

Paranoia?

No, logical conclusion. I "have bloodthirst for this franchise", therefore I must be a troll.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

No, logical conclusion. I "have bloodthirst for this franchise", therefore I must be a troll.

Is it really worth continuously going back at Rock over something silly?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:13 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Finhead34 wrote:

I thought he had ban power, would try to label me as a troll, and thus ban me over said "trolling". Now that I see he doesn't, nevermind.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:51 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:

There's nothing to go back and forth about. That guy has anger management issues.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]