View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 JT is a Jet. 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: JT is a Jet.
He couldnt wait a few more days to see if the Phins would have gave him an offer after the draft?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:32 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

phinsfanmel wrote:
He couldnt wait a few more days to see if the Phins would have gave him an offer after the draft?

10acjed wrote:
Lebatard (790 The Ticket) just reported that the Fins offered JT a 2.5 mil 1 year contract....

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:33 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

joeschmoe wrote:
Actually JT's agent was just on with Lebetard and said the dolphins had no contract nor a promise of a contract or JT would've signed it in a heartbeat.

PR, I was replying to the post above.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:35 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
phinsfanmel wrote:

10acjed wrote:
Lebatard (790 The Ticket) just reported that the Fins offered JT a 2.5 mil 1 year contract....

See my post on the previous page, JTs agent confirmed that there was nothing at all offered from the phins or JT would've taken it.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:36 pm

phinsfanmel wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
Actually JT's agent was just on with Lebetard and said the dolphins had no contract nor a promise of a contract or JT would've signed it in a heartbeat.

PR, I was replying to the post above.

Woops. My bad man. Didn't see that.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:36 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Yes, because the agent has NO REASON to lie, right? No reason to minimize the PR hit, right?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:41 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Text from Jason Taylor to 790 the Ticket’s Dan LeBatard: “Dan, it’s JT. Listening to your show. Entertaining. Just tried to call you on your cell. Whoever just texted you about the Dolphins offering me a $2 million deal is flat out lying to you. Period. They offered me an extension in November for the same money as 2009. When I said I would like to negotiate in an uncapped year, they pulled the offer in December and said nothing since.”

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:44 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Get bent Jason Taylor....no love is no love! .....I don't have a problem with him leaving Miami but not within the division. I will boo him every single time he comes back home and I hope he shows what a slow over the hill player he has become. This is just another reason why I will be delighted if Miami makes a real run this year.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:04 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Just heard JT's second text to LeBatard. It reminds me of one thing.

"[JT] doth protest too much."

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Zach Thomas is on WQAM right now...

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:11 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

After the draft... JT after the draft..., and JT couldn't wait..., so see ya...

Good in the regular season until he wore down..., not a leader (like Zach) not a stand out Play Off performer..., see ya..., don't let the door hit ya on the way out...

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:13 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

joeschmoe wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
phinsfanmel wrote:

10acjed wrote:

See my post on the previous page, JTs agent confirmed that there was nothing at all offered from the phins or JT would've taken it.

His agent said NO offer was made.... Taylor then texted claiming an extension was offered in Nov that he rejected. (extension would have been for 1.5mil)

Lebatard claims his source is solid and from inside Dolphins headquarters....

So its all just talk now.. JT is signing with the Jets.... That is insult enough....

I root for the Aqua and Orange, not for the names on the back of the Jersey.. Its time to move on...

Make Zach Thomas a minority owner or something to get our moral back up....

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
Zach Thomas is on WQAM right now...

If you guys are not listening to this I suggest you turn on the radio or go on WQAM.com and listen to this interview....Great stuff.

Zach is telling it like it is.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:20 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

What is Zach saying?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:25 pm

onlygators wrote:
What is Zach saying?

Talking about the truth of the situation, and how his situation 2 years ago was handled. Saying how JT is devastated that it had to go down like this, but he had to do what he had to do.

Bunch of stuff like that.

Just said that if he ran across the "meathead fireman Ed", he'd like to knock him out. LOL.

"All JT wanted was an offer...just one offer. He's sad"

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:27 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

onlygators wrote:
Text from Jason Taylor to 790 the Ticket’s Dan LeBatard: “Dan, it’s JT. Listening to your show. Entertaining. Just tried to call you on your cell. Whoever just texted you about the Dolphins offering me a $2 million deal is flat out lying to you. Period. They offered me an extension in November for the same money as 2009. When I said I would like to negotiate in an uncapped year, they pulled the offer in December and said nothing since.”

Haha, Taylor sounds like PR

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:29 pm

Kamikaze wrote:
onlygators wrote:

Haha, Taylor sounds like PR

Looks like I have a fan. :ann0y:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:30 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

joeschmoe wrote:

That makes much more sense.... the guy turned down 8 million + dollars last year to play for us..... i find it hard to believe that he would go to the team he dislikes the most for a much smaller deficit/increase in pay than what he previously turned down. ....Those dots just don't connect.

We'll see how it shakes out, but i'm willing to bet we offered him nothing and told him "maybe after the draft"

Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:35 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

ytnewton wrote:
He's a traitor to me. All those years bashing the Jets and their fans, please. If it's true and we face them on opening Monday night, I hope Jake smashes his face in.

:yay: :yay: :yay: :jests:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Ugh... this blows no matter who you put the blame on... seeing him in a Jets uniform is going to burn my eyes out... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:04 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

My God the histrionics are off the charts in this thread.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:32 pm

Rich wrote:

Call me ignorant... but wtf is a "histrionic"?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

onlygators wrote:
He's a traitor and has been since he forced his way out after the 2007 season.

Traitor? This is freaking football. Its just business. He got 3.7 million. Miami was not even interested in him. Are you telling me that he should have turned down 3.7 million?

Best of luck to JT, since it is obvious Miami was not interested.

Last edited by Dphins4me on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:31 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

IamPZ wrote:
Rich wrote:

Don't feel bad PZ I didn't know either, Rich is just using one of big boy words again.

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive emotionality and attention-seeking, including an excessive need for approval and inappropriate seductiveness, usually beginning in early adulthood. These individuals are lively, dramatic, enthusiastic, and flirtatious.

They may be inappropriately sexually provocative, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and be easily influenced by others. Associated features may include egocentrism, self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, feelings that are easily hurt, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:01 pm

ytnewton wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
Rich wrote:

Don't feel bad PZ I didn't know either, Rich is just using one of big boy words again.

Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive emotionality and attention-seeking, including an excessive need for approval and inappropriate seductiveness, usually beginning in early adulthood. These individuals are lively, dramatic, enthusiastic, and flirtatious.

They may be inappropriately sexually provocative, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and be easily influenced by others. Associated features may include egocentrism, self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, feelings that are easily hurt, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs.

Let's take a step back before we get more histrionics here.

There is a simpler definition that doesn't involve sexual provocation.

his·tri·on·ics   /ˌhɪstriˈɒnɪks/ Show Spelled[his-tree-on-iks] Show IPA
–noun(used with a singular or plural verb)
1.dramatic representation; theatricals; acting.
2.behavior or speech for effect, as insincere or exaggerated expression of an emotion; dramatics; operatics: Cut out the histrionics—we know you're not really mad.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/histrionics

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm done with this whole thing. I'm going to try my best to block all of the stuff out until Taylor actually makes a real move and signs something. I'm sick of all the media hype bs! :angry:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

onlygators wrote:
Two-year, $13 million deal.

First year is $3.75 million.

Highly doubt the Dolphins were going to give him either of those figures...not that money should matter to him at this point...and not that the Jets will likely pay him that $9M in year two. That's just a saving-face number.

He's a traitor and has been since he forced his way out after the 2007 season.

can anyone explain to me how they jets can sign him due to the salary thing because they were a final 4 team. thought they could only give him jay feely money? round 1.5 mill, did they release some others that i am not aware of cause LT was paid the same as TJ so confused

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:31 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I'm just glad I didn't buy a JT jersey. Business or not I'm sure he had other options than signing with Fat Boy's team, our biggest rival.

I guess we shouldn't be too surprised though, Favre in Minnesota, McNabb in Washington, and now JT a jest.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:35 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

What I gather is that it is essentially a one year deal for the same money Feeley signed for in AZ plus incentives/ performance clauses that can make it worth somewhere around 3.75. The second year consists of a 10 mil roster bonus that's never going to happen. Jets are loading up to make a run at the SB and sell PSLs in a uncapped year. It's a BUSINESS, folks!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 pm

Please stop the whining traitor talk. It is what it is. The FO made no serious attempt to retain JT & lets face it , he is not their guy. This is what happens when a new "regime" (man I hate that word already) comes in & has no allegiance to the player. It happened to Shula , Marino , Thomas & now Taylor. Just pushed to the side & dumped like the trash.
The interview Zach did on QAM was a classic. He was not alowed to have a press conference or talk to any fans when he left .. it was just get out.
This is nothing that winning wont cure however. We win we forget all of these things & once again start kissing the FO's asses.
So before you burn your #99 jerseys , boycott his induction into the ring of honor (if he is inducted) or anything else you are thinking , remember this guy JT is a class guy. He stood behind Lucas , supported Cameron & called out Ricky. We all know his preference was to stay but the "regime" made that impossible.
But dont worry ... we got Dansby & Marshall , we are gonna have the greatest draft ever with upside & potential & all things here in Dolphin Land will be status quo ... which is what I am afraid of.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:54 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

FINesse wrote:
Please stop the whining traitor talk. It is what it is. The FO made no serious attempt to retain JT & lets face it , he is not their guy. This is what happens when a new "regime" (man I hate that word already) comes in & has no allegiance to the player. It happened to Shula , Marino , Thomas & now Taylor. Just pushed to the side & dumped like the trash.
The interview Zach did on QAM was a classic. He was not alowed to have a press conference or talk to any fans when he left .. it was just get out.
This is nothing that winning wont cure however. We win we forget all of these things & once again start kissing the FO's asses.
So before you burn your #99 jerseys , boycott his induction into the ring of honor (if he is inducted) or anything else you are thinking , remember this guy JT is a class guy. He stood behind Lucas , supported Cameron & called out Ricky. We all know his preference was to stay but the "regime" made that impossible.
But dont worry ... we got Dansby & Marshall , we are gonna have the greatest draft ever with upside & potential & all things here in Dolphin Land will be status quo ... which is what I am afraid of.

I disagree FINesse, I don't believe it's whining at all, anger maybe, not whining. I am not bothered in the least by the bosses not offering him what he thought was a suitable contract. My problem is only with his choice of teams. You may think he is a class guy, maybe, but his choice to dance as opposed to play football really gave me insight as to what type of person he is. Now this confirms my suspicion that JT only cares about himself, no loyalty to his teammates (dancer) or his team. As I have said in almost every post, as it relates to his career, I wish him the worst. If you want to put him on a pedestal and claim he is classy, well you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Oh well, the FO messed up and didn't give him the chance he wanted. Good luck to JT because it's his job to play football and he found an opportunity unfortunately it's with the crap jets. The FO didn't exactly do what the fans wanted but I bet the move was to benefit the team in some way. 'm assuming they have something up there sleeve about adding a pass rusher during the draft or someone before/after the draft. They always seem to be one step ahead of everyone else. Got to have faith with the FO. We were bitching years ago about getting players and a good team, well in the 2 years they have been here we have gone to the playoffs and had an opportunity last year but chocked. So whatever they are doing seems to be helping this team progress. And like someone else said I root for the aqua and orange not the players names.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:26 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'm sad to see JT go...and I do think the FO treated one of the best Dolphin players ever poorly...but I don't disagree with our FO for not resigning him, just how they put him through the process.

I think this just proves that the NFL is a business to a lot of these players and not a game. Jets fans won't like him, Miami fans will be angry, but JT put his emotions aside to play for the gangrene. While I'm glad for everything that JT has done in Miami, I'm with some of the others in hoping that he tastes some dirt the two weeks he plays us from a nice little pancake from our boy Jake (or a few nice little pancakes).

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:36 pm

ytnewton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I disagree FINesse, I don't believe it's whining at all, anger maybe, not whining. I am not bothered in the least by the bosses not offering him what he thought was a suitable contract. My problem is only with his choice of teams. You may think he is a class guy, maybe, but his choice to dance as opposed to play football really gave me insight as to what type of person he is. Now this confirms my suspicion that JT only cares about himself, no loyalty to his teammates (dancer) or his team. As I have said in almost every post, as it relates to his career, I wish him the worst. If you want to put him on a pedestal and claim he is classy, well you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Please , if he would have put his autograph on a Dolphin contract he would have once again been given knight status around here. As for who he went to , yeah I know that sucks but blaming a guy to go with the best deal possible is crazy. I know Dolphin fans .... 3 year all will be forgiven.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

ytnewton wrote:
I disagree FINesse, I don't believe it's whining at all, anger maybe, not whining. I am not bothered in the least by the bosses not offering him what he thought was a suitable contract. My problem is only with his choice of teams. You may think he is a class guy, maybe, but his choice to dance as opposed to play football really gave me insight as to what type of person he is.

So, "JT" is not a class guy? Tell that to the kids he's helped and the support for education he's given through his foundation.

He chose to dance instead of play football? Tell me how many games he missed due to his Dancing with the Stars committment. Or even pre-season games. Or training camp. Hint: the show ran from March- May. AKA "The Off-Season"

ytnewton wrote:
Now this confirms my suspicion that JT only cares about himself, no loyalty to his teammates (dancer) or his team.

And you know this- how? You've talk to his fromer teammates at length and that's what they said?

Tell me how JT can be loyal to a team that gives him the middle finger. Suppose he waited till after the draft and the Dolphins still said no. Then what? Players have to be loyal to a team, but the team doesn't have to be loyal to its players? Give me a break.

ytnewton wrote:
As I have said in almost every post, as it relates to his career, I wish him the worst. If you want to put him on a pedestal and claim he is classy, well you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

I do.

http://www.jasontaylorfoundation.com/

That's good enough for me.

And you are entitled to your own opinion. No matter how inane or puerile it is.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:00 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

this is great news.....................playoffs here we come................just like the last time

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 pm

1984phins wrote:
Tell me how many games he missed due to his Dancing with the Stars committment.

I think it is no coincidence that the first offseason he spent doing something like that away from football is also the first season in which he missed significant time due to injury.

Quote:

He is also entitled to not have someone condescend to him for it. What is your problem?

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I root for Dolphins..... Jets suck, "they take the cl out of class"

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:05 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

At least he gets to appear on TV again - Hard Knocks.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:35 am
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

1984phins wrote:

So, "JT" is not a class guy? Tell that to the kids he's helped and the support for education he's given through his foundation.

Don't even tell me you consider him classy just because he has a foundation, so does Big Ben, is he classy too?
http://www.bigben7.com/foundation.aspx

1984phins wrote:
He chose to dance instead of play football? Tell me how many games he missed due to his Dancing with the Stars committment. Or even pre-season games. Or training camp. Hint: the show ran from March- May. AKA "The Off-Season"

It's not about missing games, it's about the commitment to the team and your teammates, but it doesn't surprise me that you think that.

ytnewton wrote:
Now this confirms my suspicion that JT only cares about himself, no loyalty to his teammates (dancer) or his team.

1984phins wrote:
And you know this- how? You've talk to his fromer teammates at length and that's what they said?

No he left his team and teammates to be a dancer, then left this team for the Jets, I think that shows his lack of loyalty.

1984phins wrote:
Tell me how JT can be loyal to a team that gives him the middle finger. Suppose he waited till after the draft and the Dolphins still said no. Then what? Players have to be loyal to a team, but the team doesn't have to be loyal to its players? Give me a break.

They offered him an extension in November, he chose not to take it, fine. If they told him after the draft and then said no, fine, if the Jets were the only place after that, fine. Take a break anytime you want, nobody is stopping you.

ytnewton wrote:
As I have said in almost every post, as it relates to his career, I wish him the worst. If you want to put him on a pedestal and claim he is classy, well you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

1984phins wrote:
I do.

Again, your opinion and you are entitled to it.

1984phins wrote:
http://www.jasontaylorfoundation.com/

That's good enough for me.

Not necessary to make attacks, but not surprising.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next