View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Martin walked into twisted world 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Martin walked into twisted world
Quote:
Mass incarceration has turned segments of Black America so upside down that a tatted-up, N-word-tossing white goon is more respected and accepted than a soft-spoken, highly intelligent black Stanford graduate.

According to a story in the Miami Herald, black Dolphins players granted Richie Incognito "honorary" status as a black man while feeling little connection to Jonathan Martin.

Welcome to Incarceration Nation, where the mindset of the Miami Dolphins' locker room mirrors the mentality of a maximum-security prison yard and where a wide swath of America believes the nonviolent intellectual needs to adopt the tactics of the barbarian.

I don't blame Jonathan Martin for walking away from the Dolphins and checking himself into a hospital seeking treatment for emotional distress. The cesspool of insanity that apparently is the Miami locker room would test the mental stability of any sane man. Martin, the offspring of Harvard grads, a 24-year-old trained at some of America's finest academic institutions, is a first-time offender callously thrown into an Attica prison cell with Incognito and Aaron Hernandez's BFF Mike Pouncey. Dolphins warden Jeff Ireland and deputy warden Joe Philbin put zero sophisticated thought into what they were doing when they drafted Martin in the second round in 2012.

Quote:
"Richie is honorary," a black former Dolphins player told Miami Herald reporter Armando Salguero. "I don't expect you to understand because you're not black. But being a black guy, being a brother is more than just about skin color. It's about how you carry yourself. How you play. Where you come from. What you've experienced. A lot of things."

I'm black. And I totally understand the genesis of this particular brand of stupidity and self-hatred. Mass Incarceration, its bastard child, Hurricane Illegitimacy, and their marketing firm, commercial hip-hop music, have created a culture that perpetrates the idea that authentic blackness is criminal, savage, uneducated and irresponsible. The tenets of white supremacy and bigotry have been injected into popular youth culture. The blackest things a black man can do are loudly spew the N-word publicly and react violently to the slightest sign of disrespect or disagreement.

Yeah, Richie Incognito is an honorary black. And Jonathan Martin is a sellout.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99416 ... -incognito

Last edited by Rich on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:28 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Martin walked into twisted world
Thug life.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:56 am
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

Rich wrote:
Quote:
Mass incarceration has turned segments of Black America so upside down that a tatted-up, N-word-tossing white goon is more respected and accepted than a soft-spoken, highly intelligent black Stanford graduate.

According to a story in the Miami Herald, black Dolphins players granted Richie Incognito "honorary" status as a black man while feeling little connection to Jonathan Martin.

Welcome to Incarceration Nation, where the mindset of the Miami Dolphins' locker room mirrors the mentality of a maximum-security prison yard and where a wide swath of America believes the nonviolent intellectual needs to adopt the tactics of the barbarian.

I don't blame Jonathan Martin for walking away from the Dolphins and checking himself into a hospital seeking treatment for emotional distress. The cesspool of insanity that apparently is the Miami locker room would test the mental stability of any sane man. Martin, the offspring of Harvard grads, a 24-year-old trained at some of America's finest academic institutions, is a first-time offender callously thrown into an Attica prison cell with Incognito and Aaron Hernandez's BFF Mike Pouncey. Dolphins warden Jeff Ireland and deputy warden Joe Philbin put zero sophisticated thought into what they were doing when they drafted Martin in the second round in 2012.

Quote:
"Richie is honorary," a black former Dolphins player told Miami Herald reporter Armando Salguero. "I don't expect you to understand because you're not black. But being a black guy, being a brother is more than just about skin color. It's about how you carry yourself. How you play. Where you come from. What you've experienced. A lot of things."

I'm black. And I totally understand the genesis of this particular brand of stupidity and self-hatred. Mass Incarceration, its bastard child, Hurricane Illegitimacy, and their marketing firm, commercial hip-hop music, have created a culture that perpetrates the idea that authentic blackness is criminal, savage, uneducated and irresponsible. The tenets of white supremacy and bigotry have been injected into popular youth culture. The blackest things a black man can do are loudly spew the N-word publicly and react violently to the slightest sign of disrespect or disagreement.

Yeah, Richie Incognito is an honorary black. And Jonathan Martin is a sellout.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99416 ... -incognito

Ahhhh, Jason"the racist" Whitlock, I should have known.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:33 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Well when you put it that way...

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:46 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Yawn. Is it Monday night yet?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:05 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Its that darn devil music and the long hair making them take drugs..

Oops, wrong generations..

Its that darn gangstah music making them act crazy

:hithead:

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Martin ... is a first-time offender callously thrown into an Attica prison cell with Incognito

So, I think, I can take from this author that he thinks Martin is guilty of playing pro football.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]