View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Richie Incognito, Jonathan Martin reps to meet? 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Richie Incognito, Jonathan Martin reps to meet?
Quote:
The NFL Players Association is making an attempt to open up the lines of communication between the camps of Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reported that the NFLPA contacted the agents of Incognito and Martin on Wednesday morning to request a meeting, according to a source apprised of the plan.

The proposal calls for the meeting to occur in Florida with union chief DeMaurice Smith present.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ps-to-meet

I hope they can work it out.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:29 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Richie Incognito, Jonathan Martin reps to meet?
Quote:
Jeff Darlington ✔ @JeffDarlington

I will not discount any conclusions -- not even possibility of reconciliation and a return by both with watershed impact on NFL culture.

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Good. I hope the big wuss steps forward and sits down man to man with his agent over this debacle.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

This whole situation is so stupid.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:41 pm
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

Makchell wrote:

yup, but ESPN and all the other drama queen media outlets love this stuff.
There must be a villain! Philbin is the devil! Martin is the sacrificial lamb.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:01 am
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

It is and it isn't.

Everyday we hear something new, which is stupid. Everyday, the pendulum swings. One day, Richie looks like the idiot, the next it's Martin. Then Philbin, now Ireland.

It's all over the place.

Without knowing all of the facts, we don't know who is the real idiot here. And since new information comes out everyday... we may never know all of the facts.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:34 am

Without knowing all of the facts, we don't know who is the real idiot here. And since new information comes out everyday... we may never know all of the facts

And this is why I stand by my original post that they are both at fault. Richie needs to know when to stop and Martin should not have gone public with it.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:49 am

Makchell wrote:
Without knowing all of the facts, we don't know who is the real idiot here. And since new information comes out everyday... we may never know all of the facts

And this is why I stand by my original post that they are both at fault. Richie needs to know when to stop and Martin should not have gone public with it.

And maybe the coaches should have addressed the toughness issue directly with the player instead of getting crazy-ass Richie Incognito to toughen him up. And maybe Ireland shouldn't have told Martin's representatives that Martin should resolve the issue with violence.

Like I said, bad movie.

This all goes back to leadership, or lack thereof.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

And maybe the coaches should have addressed the toughness issue directly with the player instead of getting crazy-ass Richie Incognito to toughen him up. And maybe Ireland shouldn't have told Martin's representatives that Martin should resolve the issue with violence.

Like I said, bad movie.

Did the coaches ask Incognito to toughen him up?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:52 pm

AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Like I said, bad movie.

It's possible. That is what is being reported.

And when asked directly about it, Philbin did not confirm or deny.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

It's possible. That is what is being reported.

And when asked directly about it, Philbin did not confirm or deny.

So its possible he did not ask that or it was something different and had been taken out of context?

So it may not be a lack of leadership?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:06 pm

AQNOR wrote:
So its possible he did not ask that or it was something different and had been taken out of context?

It is possible that no coach asked Incognito to toughen up Martin. Anything seems possible as this story changes on a daily, even hourly basis.

But as of right now, the report is that someone on the coaching staff asked Incognito to toughen up Martin.

Very possible that whoever asked this, did so with the intent that Incognito take Martin under his wing and mentor him and very possible that Incognito took it too far.

At the end of the day, if any coach asked this, I consider it a lack of leadership. You don't delegate player development. That's the purpose of coaching, to develop players and build a team. And you don't delegate something like that to Richie Incognito, who has a long history of wild behavior.

And whether the coach that asked this was Philbin or someone under him, he is still ultimately responsible, as the head coach, for how his ship (the lockeroom) is run.

Even Philbin won't argue that point. In fact, he takes ownership himself.

I guess ultimately, it needs to be determined if in fact Incognito was asked to toughen Martin up.

In that case, I'd put the majority of the blame on the Dolphins organization for how they run their ship.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:11 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

It is possible that no coach asked Incognito to toughen up Martin. Anything seems possible as this story changes on a daily, even hourly basis.

But as of right now, the report is that someone on the coaching staff asked Incognito to toughen up Martin.

Very possible that whoever asked this, did so with the intent that Incognito take Martin under his wing and mentor him and very possible that Incognito took it too far.

At the end of the day, if any coach asked this, I consider it a lack of leadership. You don't delegate player development. That's the purpose of coaching, to develop players and build a team. And you don't delegate something like that to Richie Incognito, who has a long history of wild behavior.

And whether the coach that asked this was Philbin or someone under him, he is still ultimately responsible, as the head coach, for how his ship (the lockeroom) is run.

Even Philbin won't argue that point. In fact, he takes ownership himself.

I guess ultimately, it needs to be determined if in fact Incognito was asked to toughen Martin up.

In that case, I'd put the majority of the blame on the Dolphins organization for how they run their ship.

Makes sense to wait and see what really happened.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:13 pm

AQNOR wrote:

You're starting to sound like me. :yay:

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:14 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Will Obama find a way to make the N-word a felony offense?

Can Goodell revoke draft picks for not appeasing a 300 lb cry baby as an organization?

Is Tannehill having nightmares about the left side of the line splitting like the Red Sea?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:30 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Lol I am glad you are beginning to see the light.

From

"And maybe the coaches should have addressed the toughness issue directly with the player instead of getting crazy-ass Richie Incognito to toughen him up."

To me agreeing with your lets wait and see is good progress on my part. : )

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:

Isn't that the entire purpose of having team captains and a leadership council....Players take other players under their wing to teach them the ropes and toughness is part of becoming a pro..

Ritchie has obviously shown to be a team leader that players look up to regardless of what has happened before..None of these players report seeing that side of him....

This story really is crap...After reading the Murtha view of it really proves that imo

Richie should be back next week and the team should stand behind him.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:41 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Kev1321 wrote:
Quote:

Isn't that the entire purpose of having team captains and a leadership council....Players take other players under their wing to teach them the ropes and toughness is part of becoming a pro..

Ritchie has obviously shown to be a team leader that players look up to regardless of what has happened before..None of these players report seeing that side of him....

This story really is crap...After reading the Murtha view of it really proves that imo

Richie should be back next week and the team should stand behind him.

You mean the Murtha with holes big enough you could drive a Mack truck through them? Call me oblivious, but how does someone who was cut 15 months ago know of incidents on the team past the time his employment was terminated? Either someone is feeding him stuff (read: Incognito) or he's a lying sack of s**t with a grievance against Martin for taking his roster spot because he couldn't be depended on to stay healthy enough to play.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:06 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Myrtha is just one voice in a chorus of many saying the same thing. Most of the locker room has come out in support of Incognito and said the same things. It is a consistent pattern....not just a data point.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:11 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

NFLJunkie wrote:
Myrtha is just one voice in a chorus of many saying the same thing. Most of the locker room has come out in support of Incognito and said the same things. It is a consistent pattern....not just a data point.

Maybe in sentiment, but I was specifically referring to the Vegas trip (of which he would have had no knowledge) and the voice-mail (come on, when was the last time someone used the phrase "half-n****r" as a term of endearment or a joking manner?).

Also, absent in the chorus is the word of the rookies and 2nd-years (sans Tannehill, who in my opinion should have pursued a theft charge against Incognito for stealing his credit card). I wonder why.

And also, with Murtha's "eye contact" remark regarding Martin, I'm even more shocked at Ireland's behavior, considering he is in perfect position to know what someone who exhibits "lack of eye contact" is going through. IMHO he's just as bad as Joe Scarborough in being oblivious. I know, whether one who is not neurotypical should put himself in an NFL locker room should be a question to ask, but once that person answers the question, it's not just incumbent on him to adjust to the culture, but also on the locker room to "get" him and know when to stop.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

DevilInPgh wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Maybe in sentiment, but I was specifically referring to the Vegas trip (of which he would have had no knowledge) and the voice-mail (come on, when was the last time someone used the phrase "half-n****r" as a term of endearment or a joking manner?).

Also, absent in the chorus is the word of the rookies and 2nd-years (sans Tannehill, who in my opinion should have pursued a theft charge against Incognito for stealing his credit card). I wonder why.

And also, with Murtha's "eye contact" remark regarding Martin, I'm even more shocked at Ireland's behavior, considering he is in perfect position to know what someone who exhibits "lack of eye contact" is going through. IMHO he's just as bad as Joe Scarborough in being oblivious. I know, whether one who is not neurotypical should put himself in an NFL locker room should be a question to ask, but once that person answers the question, it's not just incumbent on him to adjust to the culture, but also on the locker room to "get" him and know when to stop.

Again, you don't hang out or run with that kind of crowd. I once did. I can tell you no-term was off limits if the bond of the friendship was strong. Maybe its a cultural thing, but I find too many elitists who simply just don't understand it. Fire up some M&M .. the white guy drops N bombs all the time and he gets away with it because he's an "honorary" black guy

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

So let me get this straight to summarize: A 6'5 315 pound man loses his cool, flips his lunch tray, walks out on his team like a big pussycat; turns to the media to amplify his whining gripes that he was being picked on/bullied.

The more this goes on the more I DON'T understand this nonsense. We are talking about a GROWN MAN; a monster sized individual playing in the NFL and he cannot stand up to people on his own team??

His nickname is BIG WEIRDO.....hmmmm, that doesn't fit him now does it? This is all a bunch of hogwash and should have NEVER made it to the media and now legal to get resolved. I am also sorry that I DON'T BUY it at all that this could not have been handled internally.

I mean, let's say he hit a breaking point and got pissed off, why wouldn't he just scream out loud to leave me the "F" alone??? Again, this is a freaking huge mountain of a man that played major college football; in his 2nd NFL season that WALKED OUT in a hissy.....

All my opinion, but this has gone way over board. I hope he goes and takes a Betty Crocker class because he sure doesn't belong in the NFL anymore and based on all of his teammates comments, I highly doubt they will want his snitching self back in that locker room.

Last edited by Finhead34 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:48 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

NFLJunkie wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Again, you don't hang out or run with that kind of crowd. I once did. I can tell you no-term was off limits if the bond of the friendship was strong. Maybe its a cultural thing, but I find too many elitists who simply just don't understand it. Fire up some M&M .. the white guy drops N bombs all the time and he gets away with it because he's an "honorary" black guy

It's not the N-bomb that gets me (I unfortunately understand that, as disgusting as the word is to me), it's the "half-n****r" bomb that gets me. Sorry, but you can't tell me that such a phrase is ever used in any type of locker room. You're telling me that biracials shrug off that term? I wonder if anyone ever used that phrase with Jason Taylor in a joking manner. I seriously doubt it.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:50 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Finhead34 wrote:
I am also sorry that I DON'T BUY it at all that this could not have been handled internally.

Ordering a Code Red on someone with autism (I'm just guessing here, and I'm only guessing because of Murtha's comments regarding Martin being "shy" and "standoffish" and not maintaining eye contact with anyone) is bound to cause problems. From his own personal experiences, Ireland should have known this, and that's the biggest shocker nobody wants to discuss.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I am just getting to the point where I am at a loss for words and I will start saying unreasonable comments out of frustration knowing that this team is now ALL getting dragged through the mud of media all because a 300 pound pussycat went outside to handle this INTERNAL matter.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:00 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Finhead34 wrote:
I am just getting to the point where I am at a loss for words and I will start saying unreasonable comments out of frustration knowing that this team is now ALL getting dragged through the mud of media all because a 300 pound pussycat went outside to handle this INTERNAL matter.

Sorry, but if a Code Red were ordered, that drags it out of being an "internal" matter. Remember that there were already longstanding rumors that nobody wanted to play for Ireland, and also remember that Channing Crowder called him "not a good person". All this is doing is confirming rumors that were already open secrets.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:12 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Quote:
It's not the N-bomb that gets me (I unfortunately understand that, as disgusting as the word is to me), it's the "half-n****r" bomb that gets me. Sorry, but you can't tell me that such a phrase is ever used in any type of locker room. You're telling me that biracials shrug off that term? I wonder if anyone ever used that phrase with Jason Taylor in a joking manner. I seriously doubt it.

Ritchie didn't use it in the locker room. He used it on a private voicemail between him and a friend. Again, "what gets you" isn't in play here. Relative morality never works. Why do you think the voicemail wasn't played? Are you going to tell me there's not audio? Because the transcript looks worse than it sounds. Additionally there's a rumor that Incognito was drunk and Martin passed the voicemail around the locker room. Does that sound like someone who was hurt? If we're going to get into congecture, let's go all out. Finally, the guys I hung with wouldn't spare anyone. One was from East LA gang central. They were harsh and it was generally accepted as funny. If there was a Molato in the group he would've been tortured verbally. Just the way it was.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Where is this "Code Red" coming from??? There is obviously ALOT more to this ridiculous story. It is funny that upstanding guys like TANNEHILL who is around both those guys all the time was like, if you were to ask who Martin's BEST FRIEND was he would have guessed he would say Incognito.

Sorry, this Code Red stuff I don't buy. I am not saying I am right, I am just saying that I personally don't buy it.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:17 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Ritchie didn't use it in the locker room. He used it on a private voicemail between him and a friend. Again, "what gets you" isn't in play here. Relative morality never works. Why do you think the voicemail wasn't played? Are you going to tell me there's not audio? Because the transcript looks worse than it sounds. Additionally there's a rumor that Incognito was drunk and Martin passed the voicemail around the locker room. Does that sound like someone who was hurt? If we're going to get into congecture, let's go all out. Finally, the guys I hung with wouldn't spare anyone. One was from East LA gang central. They were harsh and it was generally accepted as funny. If there was a Molato in the group he would've been tortured verbally. Just the way it was.

So, you're telling me Jason Taylor wouldn't have decked someone for calling him a "half-n****r" in the locker room?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Finhead34 wrote:
Where is this "Code Red" coming from??? There is obviously ALOT more to this ridiculous story. It is funny that upstanding guys like TANNEHILL who is around both those guys all the time was like, if you were to ask who Martin's BEST FRIEND was he would have guessed he would say Incognito.

Sorry, this Code Red stuff I don't buy. I am not saying I am right, I am just saying that I personally don't buy it.

Hence why I used the word "IF".

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Quote:
So, you're telling me Jason Taylor wouldn't have decked someone for calling him a "half-n****r" in the locker room?

First, it wasn't in the locker room. Second, you're only making my point. Incognito felt comfortable enough with his friendship of Martin to leave that on a voicemail. What does that tell you? On JT, he was a classy guy who chose his friends wisely. I'm certain he would not have even tolerated the N word even from another brother.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:34 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

First, it wasn't in the locker room. Second, you're only making my point. Incognito felt comfortable enough with his friendship of Martin to leave that on a voicemail.

Riley Cooper on Line 2.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:40 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Finhead34 wrote:

Even if they make up some how & settle this dispute, which was blown out of proportion w/o their doing, can you see this organization looking okay for the rest of the season?

This is so weird and awkward but the inner circle is the only part this team can control or work with. So this needs to be done, even if its BS & the true discussion is never really found out. If not man . . . we're looking at starting the rebuilding over once again

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 pm

AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Lol I am glad you are beginning to see the light.

From

"And maybe the coaches should have addressed the toughness issue directly with the player instead of getting crazy-ass Richie Incognito to toughen him up."

To me agreeing with your lets wait and see is good progress on my part. : )

Did you follow the entire context of the discussion before deciding that my statement was not hypothetical even though the rest of the discussion wa?

The word maybe was in there...

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:10 am

Finhead34 wrote:
All my opinion

Too many opinions around here even though more information keeps coming out.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:12 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:

Did you follow the entire context of the discussion before deciding that my statement was not hypothetical even though the rest of the discussion wa?

Maybe?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 am

AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:

Maybe?

Awesome, thanks?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:19 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:

Sorry I forgot to include you concluding statement. "This all goes back to leadership, or lack thereof." Did you mean the maybe to apply to this statement? If so I missed it. Sorry about that.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:22 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:

Maybe?

Awesome, thanks?

Thanks Rich that means a lot especially coming from you. Come on it was not even a little funny. Come on man.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:23 am

AQNOR wrote:
Thanks Rich that means a lot especially coming from you. Come on it was not even a little funny. Come on man.

Did your ? button stop working?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next