View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
 Should Incognito Be Reinstated? 

Yes 68%  68%  [ 21 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not Sure Yet 32%  32%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 31

2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Should Incognito Be Reinstated?
I set up a poll as I am now curious how many are voting for Richie to come back to the Dolphins.

Let me hear your thoughts whether you vote yes or no and why.

Ray Lewis seemingly was part of a murder, but was allowed back to play. Leonard Little killed someone and was allowed back to play. Donte Stallworth also killed someone and came back to play. Riley Cooper recently went on a drunken racist tirade, but was allowed back to his team to play.

I am definitely NOT condoning racism or any out of line comments that Incognito made, but I for one believe this was blown way way out of proportion and the majority of the guys that he goes to battle with every week want him back.

I voted yes, I want him back as well.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:20 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Should Incognito Be Reinstated?
Not sure yet.

Everyday more information comes out. It's like a pendulum.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:22 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Honestly, I think so.

It would be a PR disaster to those who are not following the story closely, but his team wants him back.

That said, I think you'd have to fire Philbin and Ireland before doing it. I don't see those guys bringing him back.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:27 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Honestly, I think so.

It would be a PR disaster to those who are not following the story closely, but his team wants him back.

That said, I think you'd have to fire Philbin and Ireland before doing it. I don't see those guys bringing him back.

If they reinstate him and the investigation finds wrongdoing, the Dolphins would be in a heap a helpin of legal trouble.

It's not going to happen.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I definitely do not see Philbin or Ireland losing their jobs over THIS matter. Now that being said, The Dolphins are sitting at 4-4. If they go on a losing spree and finish 4-12; 5-11 etc. etc. I could see them both being gone.

They turn this thing around and go to the playoffs OR come really close with a winning record, they will probably stay. My opinion...

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 am

Finhead34 wrote:
I definitely do not see Philbin or Ireland losing their jobs over THIS matter. Now that being said, The Dolphins are sitting at 4-4. If they go on a losing spree and finish 4-12; 5-11 etc. etc. I could see them both being gone.

They turn this thing around and go to the playoffs OR come really close with a winning record, they will probably stay. My opinion...

We'll see how close and mentally tough this lockerroom really is and how they overcome this circus.

They all claim to be close and a family and all that. Show it on the field, because quite frankly, all you've shown us is that most of the team, this is a mentally weak team.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:40 am

Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Honestly, I think so.

If they reinstate him and the investigation finds wrongdoing, the Dolphins would be in a heap a helpin of legal trouble.

It's not going to happen.

I think from Richie's standpoint, we've got pretty much everything.

The two main stories that the Martin camp was using to back their side were the voicemail, which the players say Martin laughed at and was playing in the locker room, and the 15k Vegas extortion, which has been completely quelled by Murtha this morning and other reports from a couple of days ago, basically calling it completely false.

I doubt there is much more "bullying" that the investigation is going to find that would warrant discipline for Richie, although you never know. I feel like if there was, we would know about it by now, given the above.

That said, it depends on how the NFL feels about the half-n comment. It's clear the players don't care, but obviously is a hot button issue in the public eye. To me, if Ross decides to let Ireland and Philbin go in the next couple of weeks due to the investigation being concluded, and the NFL is not going to discipline Richie, I'd bring him back.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:42 am

Phins Rock wrote:
The two main stories that the Martin camp was using to back their side were the voicemail, which the players say Martin laughed at and was playing in the locker room

Who else said this besides Hartline? Pouncey claimed to not even know about the voicemail before all of this.

Another piece of this story that seems to have contradictions.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:47 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

That said, it depends on how the NFL feels about the half-n comment. It's clear the players don't care, but obviously is a hot button issue in the public eye. To me, if Ross decides to let Ireland and Philbin go in the next couple of weeks due to the investigation being concluded, and the NFL is not going to discipline Richie, I'd bring him back.

Yeah, the race card is tricky, but I still use the Riley Cooper saga as an example, Goodell did not suspend him, the NFL did not (best to my knowledge) choose to step in and he was reprimanded by his coach. That has now been basically swept under the carpet. I personally think Incognito comes back and maybe his first few road games will be tough, but after that this is a dead issue.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:48 am

Finhead34 wrote:

Yeah, the race card is tricky, but I still use the Riley Cooper saga as an example, Goodell did not suspend him, the NFL did not (best to my knowledge) choose to step in and he was reprimanded by his coach. That has now been basically swept under the carpet. I personally think Incognito comes back and maybe his first few road games will be tough, but after that this is a dead issue.

Under the NFL Code of Conduct, I doubt they identified using racial slurs against people that have nothing to do with the NFL in the offseason on your own free time as a reason for disciplinary action.

Incognito used the slur against a co-worker.

Totally different situation.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:52 am

Rich wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Under the NFL Code of Conduct, I doubt they identified using racial slurs against people that have nothing to do with the NFL in the offseason on your own free time as a reason for disciplinary action.

Incognito used the slur against a co-worker.

Totally different situation.

But also totally different context. Riley Cooper came off as a racist in that video. His teammates took offense to it.

Richie used the same word, but with different meaning. Martin claims to have had a problem with it, and he was the only one.

As for only Hartline mentioning it, I thought I heard it somewhere else as well, but maybe it was just him. Either way, it could be that some players felt they wouldn't discuss it due to the investigation. Hartline just said eff it.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:55 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Richie used the same word, but with different meaning. Martin claims to have had a problem with it, and he was the only one.

It only takes one and context is irrelevant in these types of investigations. They are going to look at black and white facts.

It's no different than you going to work and joking around about race or gender. All it takes is one person to find it offensive and go to HR and they aren't going to care about the context or if 99.9999% of the people who heard it weren't offended.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Not sure yet.

Everyday more information comes out. It's like a pendulum.

I feel the same way. With all the stories and the holes in each one, it is impossible to figure out what really happened. I definitely have to check my personal feelings at the door on this subject. I am getting the feeling that the pressure of his on-field performance and the constant jabbing by Cogs just got to Martin.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

They are going to look at black and white facts.

No pun intended!!!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:00 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

No way anyone does anything before the results of the investigation come out.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Of course, Rodney, but do YOU feel Richie should come back to the team? We may never get all the so called "facts" so based on your own personal opinion, what do you think? That is how I geared this poll.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:04 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:

Of course, Rodney, but do YOU feel Richie should come back to the team? We may never get all the so called "facts" so based on your own personal opinion, what do you think? That is how I geared this poll.

I voted yes.

And after that SI article, I'd vote for Lydon Murtha too!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:10 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:

I agree, but they can't un-ring that bell. Now that he is suspended, they can't consider reinstating him until the investigation is done.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:54 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I've heard on the radio that Martin is said to have had problems with more than just Incognito.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It is interesting that 11 people so far in this poll said YES to bringing Richie back along with 5 "UNSURE" responses, but no one has said NO.

I think even the fans outside of more incriminating evidence want Incognito back on the field for the fins.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

my college buddy is a die hard Bills fan and HATES the Miami Dolphins and even he thinks the dolphins and Richie got a raw deal.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:34 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I get the feeling Incognito will be a jet next year.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Every good witch hunt needs someone burned alive at the stake. This non-story has already tarred and feathered one guy and left the other with the reputation of being a snitch. This is a case of the tail wagging the dog.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Now there is talk that the NFL will change up the make up of a football locker room. I swear this might as well turn into a knitting class format. The longer this goes the more angry I get over this dragging out. Incognito belongs back on the field with his teammates.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:
I get the feeling Incognito will be a jet next year.

this year

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:28 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Incognito will be back with the Dolphins before Martin is with a new team.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:08 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i might change my mind on this when all the facts come out, but my opinion as of now is that incognito really got shafted in this whole situation. it will never happen but i would take incognito back with miami in a heartbeat. i hope jon martin never plays a snap for us again.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:38 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

So many always preach innocent until proven guilty... to me, Incognito is still innocent.

Yes, there are voice-mails with some rough language on it, but last I checked, calling people names is not a crime. You could preach verbal abuse, sure, but how out of context are those messages?

I say let him play until something substantial is brought to the table.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Isn't it alleged that Martin got upset when he sat down to eat and all the lineman got up and left and THAT caused him to get up and storm out of the cafeteria?????

Was that what sent him over the edge against all this alleged bullying or harassment??

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
The longer this goes the more angry I get over this dragging out.

That is where I am at too Finhead34. This has been a total nightmare for the Dolphins from a PR standpoint.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:02 pm

IamPZ wrote:
Yes, there are voice-mails with some rough language on it, but last I checked, calling people names is not a crime.

Has he been charged with one?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:09 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dang, 19 "yes" votes, 0 "no" votes, and 10 "not sure" votes.

Very interesting.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
Isn't it alleged that Martin got upset when he sat down to eat and all the lineman got up and left and THAT caused him to get up and storm out of the cafeteria?????

Was that what sent him over the edge against all this alleged bullying or harassment??

This made me suspicious too. One could argue that it was the last straw, but this is pretty weak tea as far as pranks go. I was subjected to worse in high school marching band, and I didn't run home to mommy.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Interesting......So far, No one is saying for the Dolphins not to take Richie back.

Hopefully, he does get to come back when this is all said and done.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Rich wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
Yes, there are voice-mails with some rough language on it, but last I checked, calling people names is not a crime.

Has he been charged with one?

No, but thanks for the out of context response.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]