View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 JT is a Jet. 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post JT is a Jet.
Quote:
Jason Taylor to play for the New York Jets
Jason Taylor has decided to join the New York Jets, according to his agent Gary Wichard. The NFL's active sack leader and the player with more sacks than anyone since 2000, will sign a contract with New York as early as Wednesday.

Taylor is tentatively scheduled to fly to New York to meet with Jets management Wednesday morning.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#ixzz0lfWBOZre

:boo:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:37 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: JT is a Jet.
:jests:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:37 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Speachless. This sucks.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:38 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

:boo:

Emotions aside, I still can't fathom the FO thinking on this one. The way we kicked him to the curb is deplorable, especially w/o a suitable replacement on the roster.

I hope he doesn't haunt us too badly. Love the guy, but now I have to root AGAINST one of my favorite players. Ouch.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:41 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

We can only blame ourselves. There can't be a doubt at all now that we will have a Defense heavy draft, let's look at what happened with our defense so far this offseason:

Gone:
Gibril Wilson (Starter)
Akin Ayodele (Starter)
Joey Porter (Starter)
Jason Taylor (Starter)
Nate Jones (Starting Nickel cb)
Jason Ferguson - out 9 games (Starter)

Additions:
Karlos Dansby

There may be some I missed, but looking at that will keep me up at night worrying what kind of D we will be fielding in 10-11.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:42 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

JT got a 2 year deal worth up to $13mil ... No way we were gonna come close to matching that.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:43 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Two-year, $13 million deal.

First year is $3.75 million.

Highly doubt the Dolphins were going to give him either of those figures...not that money should matter to him at this point...and not that the Jets will likely pay him that $9M in year two. That's just a saving-face number.

He's a traitor and has been since he forced his way out after the 2007 season.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Let me see:
Wilson, Ayodele, Porter... kept me up at night worrying about what kind of D we had when they were on our team last year.

Taylor, Jones, JFerg... Hard to replace, no doubt. Got a lot of work to do.

Taylor's no traitor. He was forced out by the FO after swallowing his pride and coming back out of loyalty last year.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

onlygators wrote:
Two-year, $13 million deal.

First year is $3.75 million.

Highly doubt the Dolphins were going to give him either of those figures...not that money should matter to him at this point...and not that the Jets will likely pay him that $9M in year two. That's just a saving-face number.

He's a traitor and has been since he forced his way out after the 2007 season.

A traitor? The guy is arguably the best DE/OLB playing in the NFL. He was way underappreciated and has played on garbage teams since entering the league. He made a wise move to cash in one last time before his NFL career is over. Only the jests would put up that kind of money for an aged player. Hopefully he'll cut us some slack when we face him this year.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:49 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Final eight rule says the jets can't pay that much

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:50 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

k-dash wrote:
Let me see:
Wilson, Ayodele, Porter... kept me up at night worrying about what kind of D we had when they were on our team last year.

While that may be partly true, they all brought experience to the field. What do we have now?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:53 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I said it before and I'll say it again.....who cares. I got tired of this whole thing a month ago. See ya Jason, wouldn't want to be ya!!!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:54 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

He's a traitor to me. All those years bashing the Jets and their fans, please. If it's true and we face them on opening Monday night, I hope Jake smashes his face in.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:55 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

He was dead to me after he pulled what he did after the 2007 season. And I don't want to hear the "front office pushed him out" argument. That is hogwash as far as I'm concerned. But I respect those who hold that opinion.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:05 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Sad day indeed. I didn't think I would ever see him in a Jets uniform. I don't understand how the FO could let this get to this point. I think our FO outsmarted themselves on this decision. You know he will be out there to prove something against us, so Miami better be ready for him.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

ytnewton wrote:
He's a traitor to me. All those years bashing the Jets and their fans, please. If it's true and we face them on opening Monday night, I hope Jake smashes his face in.

Couple of Pancake sandwiches seem in order

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:11 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

imho, i think our front office really dropped the ball on this one, but i'll withhold judgement until after the season plays out and we see what kind of production we get out of JT's replacement. I do not appreciate the fact our front office forced out yet another franchise icon, and i don't really want to give them the benefit of the doubt but if we can become a better team for it than reluctantly i'm on board with it. if however JT's replacement is an acquisition on par with gibril wilson or ernest wilford, then i will be forced to re-examine my respect for this regime, considering their questionable track record in regards to certain draft picks and free agent acquisitions.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

"Is expected sign a deal on Wednesday"

Retitle your post. It's not true.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:24 pm

Iowafin wrote:

Yes it is. As soon as he flies to NY tomorrow morning, he will sign the paper work. Reported by every source at this point.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:28 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:

Quote:
Linebacker Jason Taylor is leaving the Miami Dolphins to play for the New York Jets, his agent, Gary Wichard, told the Miami Herald.

League sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Taylor -- the NFL's active sacks leader with 127½ -- agreed to a two-year deal that could be worth as much as $3.75 million in the first year.

The Miami Herald reported that the 35-year-old Taylor is tentatively scheduled to travel to the New York area on Wednesday to sign the contract.

Because of the Final Eight rules that restrict the Jets from signing Taylor for more in the first year than what kicker Jay Feely received from leaving the Jets to join the Cardinals, Taylor will be on the Jets' books for $1.75 million in 2010, but he could earn another $1.25 million to $2 million depending upon his performance.

Its all but signed, you can hold your breathe all you want, but JT will be wearing the puke green next year.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:29 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

joeschmoe wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Quote:
Linebacker Jason Taylor is leaving the Miami Dolphins to play for the New York Jets, his agent, Gary Wichard, told the Miami Herald.

League sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Taylor -- the NFL's active sacks leader with 127½ -- agreed to a two-year deal that could be worth as much as $3.75 million in the first year.

The Miami Herald reported that the 35-year-old Taylor is tentatively scheduled to travel to the New York area on Wednesday to sign the contract.

Because of the Final Eight rules that restrict the Jets from signing Taylor for more in the first year than what kicker Jay Feely received from leaving the Jets to join the Cardinals, Taylor will be on the Jets' books for $1.75 million in 2010, but he could earn another $1.25 million to $2 million depending upon his performance.

Its all but signed, you can hold your breathe all you want, but JT will be wearing the puke green next year.

and you can thank our front office for that :boo:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:32 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Re: JT is a Jet.
UGH. This is worse than when Zach went to Dallas. UGH.

Will we boo him in Miami?

:jests: & JT

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Yes it is. As soon as he flies to NY tomorrow morning, he will sign the paper work. Reported by every source at this point.

Yeah, as soon as he flies. According to that source, even his flight is tentative.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:35 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

rchill1354 wrote:

I will!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Yeah, as soon as he flies. According to that source, even his flight is tentative.

Really? Lol.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tough reality to swallow as I will miss Jason being in a Dolphins uniform and it will certainly be very strange to see him on the Jets.

Obviously, it wasnt meant to be for him to return to Miami and I understand it was probably a business/career decision.

I have really appreciated having him on the Dolphins and it is a shame he wont finish his career in Miami.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Really? Lol.

Uh, yeah. Did you not read it?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:39 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

rchill1354 wrote:
UGH. This is worse than when Zach went to Dallas. UGH.

I can't boo a guy who busted his butt for our team year in and year out and has done (and i'm sure will continue to do) tremendous things for the community of South Florida. This is a business and the jests are the only team dumb enough to put such a large price tag on someone who may not have enough left in the tank.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I find it interesting that everyone is so upset at this front office for not resigning Jason Taylor, but yet was so happy to see Porter go, even though Porter was just as productive last season. I understand that Joey's behavior and price tag was less than stellar, but I think most people that are ready to jump off the bridge because of us not getting JT aren't looking at this from the proper standpoint. Yes he has been a fan favorite for a long time, but when it comes down to it, he is too old and his production is going to start dropping off. IMO, not bringing Jason back was the right move by the FO, and it's going to give us an opportunity to get younger at the position. Separate the emotion from it, and you will see that maybe this wasn't such a bad move after all.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Hmm.... 1.75 mil salary, 2 mil in performance bonuses and the Dolphins couldnt match that?

I think they were done with JT for whatever reason...

RIP JT.... I really hope he falls on his face in NY like he did in Wash... And I hope Jake Long puts him in the dirt...

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:49 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Sorry Jason. I'm going to feel real bad for him when we win the super bowl and the jets are on the down swing again.

Our future is only as strong as the weakness we come from.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:52 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

I have no problem with him leaving, probably a smart move by the Big Guys. I am a Dolphins fan and anyone who plays for the Jets is a tool, even if they were Dolphins before. I hope JT gets owned this year by everyone he plays against.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:53 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Lebatard (790 The Ticket) just reported that the Fins offered JT a 2.5 mil 1 year contract....

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:55 pm

10acjed wrote:
Lebatard (790 The Ticket) just reported that the Fins offered JT a 2.5 mil 1 year contract....

WOW. So he did pick NY over Miami......I blamed the FO....This is all JT if that is true.

Time to burn all the JT stuff I have....jersey, fathead.....into the furnace.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:59 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

He definately did... No sources of that yet, but I know there was definately an offer on the table. The "after draft" was to negotiate more money...

So how bad is Jake Long going to maul this old man when we meet them??

If his first time away was any indication of how he likes the cold, he should be on IR by our 2nd game against them...

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:01 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

10acjed wrote:

That caps it for me.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:06 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I almost hope he goes down in the first couple games and only collects the 1.7....

Wonder if we can make a move for Adalius Thomas just to keep it all in the AFCE familly

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Well, I am certainly disappointed with this news, but I am not going to blame all of this on the FO in regards to Jason leaving. This is a team trying to get younger and move ahead.

I would have liked to have Jason back because I thought he was solid last year, but the regime wanted probably to see what Cameron Wake offers, and they are both best as WOLB. Plus, if Jason did take the Jets deal for more money when Miami offered a solid deal, that just makes it more disappointing.

The Dolphins bought him back last year when they did not have to. He is the one that wanted to be traded out of Miami and was happy to go to Washington.

He is a Jet now or soon will be. Time to move on.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:14 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
10acjed wrote:

WOW. So he did pick NY over Miami......I blamed the FO....This is all JT if that is true.

Time to burn all the JT stuff I have....jersey, fathead.....into the furnace.

Sooooo joeschmoe can we boo him now???

just so you guy's know that the hissing and booing coming from section 111 will be me!!..Sorry guy's but if you wear green you are the enemy and a spade is a spade my freinds

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:17 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Actually JT's agent was just on with Lebetard and said the dolphins had no contract nor a promise of a contract or JT would've signed it in a heartbeat.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next