View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Report: Jets, Taylor deal "imminent" 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Report: Jets, Taylor deal "imminent"
Here we go again...

Report: Jets, Taylor deal "imminent"
Posted by Mike Florio on April 20, 2010 2:16 PM ET
Though we're having a touch of the Groundhog Day vibe on this one, we think it's worthwhile to point out that Orlando Alzugary of WQAM in Miami reports that a deal between the Jets and linebacker Jason Taylor is "imminent."

Taylor and the Jets have been flirting for a couple of weeks. Initially, it appeared that Taylor wanted to get the Dolphins to, ahem, crap or get off the crapper.

It didn't work. The Dolphins continued to drag their feet, and the final straw appeared to come last week, when coach Tony Sparano canceled a meeting with Taylor.

Under the "Final Eight Plan," the Jets may sign (for now) one unrestricted free agent whose contract expired after the 2009 season, given that they have lost one UFA, kicker Jay Feely. All other acquisitions came via trade (Antonio Cromartie, Santonio Holmes) or the signing of a player who was cut (LaDainian Tomlinson).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -imminent/

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Report: Jets, Taylor deal "imminent"
We don't know why the meeting was canceled and I'm sure the media is largely speculating on every bit of news they get. Bottom line, I don't see JT signing before the draft anywhere.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:11 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Let's face it, if the Jets want him that bad he must be a 'has been." I don't see this as any major blow to the Phins. He WAS a great player but it is time to go with youth.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'm not saying you're wrong about his abilities, Dolfanrar, but it's tough for me to swallow on two levels. First, we don't have a reasonable replacement for him. Why not sign him while developing a rookie and let him go next year if you want? Surely his leadership and 7-10 sacks are worth that much. Second, the thought of Henne getting knocked out of a game or worse on a JT sack gives me shudders.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:38 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

The jests overpaid an aging player again. While I would have loved to keep JT, I don't think we would have came close to $13mil.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]