Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:34 am 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Quote:
As the Miami Dolphins prepare to host yet another Super Bowl, the venue is getting yet another new name.

Terry Lefton of SportsBusiness Daily reports that the team will announce on Wednesday that Sun Life Financial has purchased the naming rights to the stadium previously known as Pro Player Park, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Dolphin Stadium, and Land Shark Stadium.

The five-year deal will pay out roughly $7.5 million per year.

The prior arrangement with Land Shark Lager was due to expire before the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl; thus, the name of the place where the two prime postseason games will be played immediately will become Sun Life Stadium.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -new-name/


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:49 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4109
Ok then...

I personally grew to enjoy Landshark Stadium


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4295
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
i quit


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:59 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
7.5 million per year?? I figure that's 75,000 dollars per member...we can do that!! Reach deep down people!!

:yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:49 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 144
It should be Miami Dolphins Field @ Joe Robbie Stadium, period.
As soon as I save up a half-billion or so, it will be.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:30 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4109
Man JP... a lot of people are stealing your coined phrase... should've gotten it copywritten. Period.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
IamPZ wrote:
Man JP... a lot of people are stealing your coined phrase... should've gotten it copywritten. Period.

:)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 11839
Location: Raleigh, NC
CBS Sports confirms it.

Quote:
Sun Life latest to purchase naming rights to Dolphins' stadium
Jan. 18, 2010
CBSSports.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- Sun Life Financial has purchased naming rights to the Miami Dolphins' stadium in time for the Super Bowl.

A person familiar with the deal confirmed that Sun Life has reached a five-year agreement with the team. The stadium, called Land Shark Stadium last year, will be renamed in time for the Pro Bowl on Jan. 31 and the Super Bowl the following Sunday, the person said on condition of anonymity because the deal has not been announced.

Previously, the Dolphins' home has been called Joe Robbie Stadium, Pro Player Stadium and Dolphin Stadium.


http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1280 ... tadium/rss

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:15 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:46 am
Posts: 192
Location: Biloxi, MS
I think we have the most promiscuous Stadium, when it comes to naming rights.

It's still Joe Robbie Stadium to me.

_________________
Image

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:19 pm 
Offline
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 951
Location: West Caldwell, NJ
Lokki wrote:

It's still Joe Robbie Stadium to me.


Same here, I cant stand it that the stadium keeps getting a new name, but I understand the business part of.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:50 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Me and most of the people I talk to always refer to it as Dolphins Stadium.. its just easier that way .. they play there so its their stadium, just as the marlins ballpark will, to me, be the marlins ballpark, regardless of what its named. period.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:13 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
joeschmoe wrote:
Me and most of the people I talk to always refer to it as Dolphins Stadium.. its just easier that way .. they play there so its their stadium, just as the marlins ballpark will, to me, be the marlins ballpark, regardless of what its named. period.


Yeah, but it'd be nice for something to stick. Referring to Lambeau Field, Arrowhead Stadium, The Vet, Three Rivers Stadium, Mile High, The Orange Bowl, Qwest Field, The Kingdome, The Metrodome, The RCA Dome, GeorgiaDome, SuperDome...they are names that you recognize it and immediately think of the team and it's meaning.

M&T Bank Stadium, Principal Financial Field, Invesco Field...maybe you've heard it, but you're not going to really remember who plays there.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:34 am 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4109
Isn't the Metrodome Mall of America Field now?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:43 am 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Iowafin wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
Me and most of the people I talk to always refer to it as Dolphins Stadium.. its just easier that way .. they play there so its their stadium, just as the marlins ballpark will, to me, be the marlins ballpark, regardless of what its named. period.


Yeah, but it'd be nice for something to stick. Referring to Lambeau Field, Arrowhead Stadium, The Vet, Three Rivers Stadium, Mile High, The Orange Bowl, Qwest Field, The Kingdome, The Metrodome, The RCA Dome, GeorgiaDome, SuperDome...they are names that you recognize it and immediately think of the team and it's meaning.

M&T Bank Stadium, Principal Financial Field, Invesco Field...maybe you've heard it, but you're not going to really remember who plays there.


But what does it matter, really? If you were a business person you'd do the same thing. I'm sure that if we were to bypass the naming rights and go without a sponsor, I'd be paying even more to park than the $30 it is right now. And I'm sure that those $10 Heinekens will cost at least $15.

We can play in Toys R Us Stadium for all I care, just win some games and give me a good gameday experience.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:49 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4295
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Joys R Us or We Be Joys would be cooler.

Vivid entertainment field?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:53 am 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Ski_Money wrote:
Joys R Us or We Be Joys would be cooler.

Vivid entertainment field?


Ha with a hookah lounge and stripper poles in every box seat. That's be a good gameday experience.
:yay:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:03 am 
Offline
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4109
joeschmoe wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Joys R Us or We Be Joys would be cooler.

Vivid entertainment field?


Ha with a hookah lounge and stripper poles in every box seat. That's be a good gameday experience.
:yay:


Sign me up. :pumpiron:


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:54 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
joeschmoe wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
Me and most of the people I talk to always refer to it as Dolphins Stadium.. its just easier that way .. they play there so its their stadium, just as the marlins ballpark will, to me, be the marlins ballpark, regardless of what its named. period.


Yeah, but it'd be nice for something to stick. Referring to Lambeau Field, Arrowhead Stadium, The Vet, Three Rivers Stadium, Mile High, The Orange Bowl, Qwest Field, The Kingdome, The Metrodome, The RCA Dome, GeorgiaDome, SuperDome...they are names that you recognize it and immediately think of the team and it's meaning.

M&T Bank Stadium, Principal Financial Field, Invesco Field...maybe you've heard it, but you're not going to really remember who plays there.


But what does it matter, really? If you were a business person you'd do the same thing. I'm sure that if we were to bypass the naming rights and go without a sponsor, I'd be paying even more to park than the $30 it is right now. And I'm sure that those $10 Heinekens will cost at least $15.

We can play in Toys R Us Stadium for all I care, just win some games and give me a good gameday experience.


Well no, not from a winning or team stand point...I'm just saying It'd be nice to have a meaningful name like some of those up there. Will I be devastated if it never happens? Not in the least.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 6995
Location: ELP, TX.
"Sun Life Guys" Video:

http://cdn.sunlife.com/static/global/files/digital_media/MarCom/FIN/SLGuys_announcement.html

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/finsradio

RIP, Tom


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:14 am 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:51 am
Posts: 147
phinsfanmel wrote:
Lokki wrote:

It's still Joe Robbie Stadium to me.


Same here, I cant stand it that the stadium keeps getting a new name, but I understand the business part of.


Me too. This whole naming rights thing is getting old.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | DVGFX2 by: Prosk8er ©